Profile for Kapey > Reviews

Content by Kapey

Kapey "kingkyle47"

L.A. Noire - The Complete Edition (PC DVD)
L.A. Noire - The Complete Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by Game Trade Online

1.0 out of 5 stars Performance is absolutely shocking, 13 Nov. 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I'll start with the most important advise I can give: do not buy this game for PC.

The first problem I encountered was patching the game. After my initial attempt I had to disable my anti-virus, but that wasn't the problem, the problem was that the patching process failed. I went to the support section of Rockstar's website where I found some instructions on how to rectify this, which was fairly simple to do.

So now I was up and running. I was prompted to sign-in to, or create a Rockstar Social Club profile. I tried logging in to my account then, the day after and even now I cannot sign in, so I had to play using the 'default' profile.

After all the bother getting to actually playing the game I was absolutely appalled with the way the game ran. I have a high-end gaming PC (specs. below) and every time my character walked over a clue or spun around the game would stutter. Even if I kept spinning around on the same spot giving that area of the map plenty of time to load the problem persisted. I tried turning the graphical setting down to the bare minimum, including turning the resolution down to 800 x 600, and the problem was just as bad as when the graphical settings were maxed out. This game is a disgrace, I hope the folks at Rockstar are hanging their heads in shame.

Now, how do I get my money back?

My PC's specs.:

GPU: 2 x Nvidia GTX480 Sli
CPU: Intel i7 950
RAM: 6 GB
OS: Windows 7 (x64)
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 23, 2011 8:46 PM GMT