Profile for music_lover > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Colorfactory
Colorfactory

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic album, 16 Sep 2014
This review is from: Colorfactory (MP3 Download)
Agree absolutely with the other guys. I first latched on to this via a lady from Prague stayed with me and said try this I did Fell in love with her and with it. its the innocence of the guys voice and all it entails singing "Paris" And "Kiss Me" That got my attention first . Love the whole thing as a package. Its such a shame in another time another decade say 1960 something this album been a monster. it really is superb.

I read one of these guys passed away I hope it was not the singer. But there again I can not imagine him now so innocent singing such wonderful songs . Please tell me I am wrong ..

Bewitched
Bewitched

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful This is my most played listen on my MP3 ..., 16 Sep 2014
This review is from: Bewitched (Audio CD)
Wonderful This is my most played listen on my MP3 player on the Bus. Fabulous album. Fabulous Voice great songs great interpretations. I just hope Its not a one off. Great sound quality to as a CD on a good audio equipment.

Buy it.

Rome Revisited
Rome Revisited

3.0 out of 5 stars Reminds Me Of The Stereo test Discs One Saw In The late 60's early 1970's, 16 Sep 2014
This review is from: Rome Revisited (MP3 Download)
Sounds like a stereo Test record one used to see in the 1970's Pleasant enough. What drew me to buying this? Nat King Cole song That Sunday That Summer I read these were the backing singers and like them so much would try and track down some of there own work. I understand they have nothing to do with the Blind man. They were in fact Perry Como backing singers on all his records.

Bible Belt
Bible Belt
Offered by skyvo-direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good Album, 16 Sep 2014
This review is from: Bible Belt (Audio CD)
very Good album indeed I like it all though I could quite happily (sorry guys) emit The title track . Once we're past that its super.super album It will get played to death. Tracks like rewind are superb.

How did i find this Album. only by watching Live from Daryl's via you tube I thought When I first Saw the Video and the age of the musicians. I Immediately Thought of the lady who fronted Arrival and Kokomo. I was proved wrong thank goodness. I do not mean that in an offensive way.

Natural
Natural

5.0 out of 5 stars Best album I have Bought in a Very Long time, 16 Sep 2014
This review is from: Natural (Audio CD)
This album beautiful just gets played and played and played. Portuguese I do not understand one bit. but Dose it matter? As I said before a couple of Times people listen to opera and do not understand a word of whats being sung and still enjoy it

Highly recommended from start to finish as stated by everyone.

pro's fabulous sound quality

con's only the Language if it bothers you

if you like this and want something else as good in quality and into your High end Hi fi I recommend Joyce Moremo her albums are super sound quality

Stealin' Home / Siamese Friends
Stealin' Home / Siamese Friends

2.0 out of 5 stars Not For Me, 20 Aug 2014
Nothing wrong With Ian Mathews But the guy Twiddling the knobs the band is so loud the singing to far back. My Hi Fi sytem hates it. Make my speakers sound like wooden boxes .

Pro: cant think of anything Except I like Ian Matthews

Cons; backing band to overbearing

Why did i buy this. i love the best of Matthew southern comfort CD gets played every other day. Was hoping this would join that wonderful album

The Very Best Of Albert Hammond
The Very Best Of Albert Hammond

3.0 out of 5 stars I think the buying the digital version of the song you want is a much better option especially on this album, 20 Aug 2014
Bought it For one track , The obvious one. "It never Rains " Which is a superb song superb chorus. The rest is just OK. I hope some of the other tracks will Grow on me. I think the buying the digital version of the song you want is a much better option especially on this album. I am an avid Cd Cd collector. It's nice to actually own the album.

Frontline Presents Dub
Frontline Presents Dub

3.0 out of 5 stars ok once in a while, 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: Frontline Presents Dub (Audio CD)
Its OK once in a while I am a Dub and reggae lover. But the politics of the compilation compilers Leave me cold sometimes. I always can think of better material they could have chosen. No high spots. My Favorite Dub album of all time is Scientist "The World Of The Curse Of The Vampires" That's what i compare all Dub albums too. There is nothing here you want to play every month let alone everyday. Compilations are hampered when there being compiled because there someones initial choice. You can not understand why they put crappy filler tracks on the album when you know there is much better material available from that label.

pro: OK once in a while. Nice to have it in a collection

cons: Nothing as good as this on it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edCYyc-Dvno

Grado SR80e Prestige Series Open Backed Headphone
Grado SR80e Prestige Series Open Backed Headphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 20 Aug 2014
I already own a pair of SR80's which I have enjoyed for four years. Theses sound superb as all Grado headphones do
I bought these for a secondary pair of headphones. If you already own. The SR80. not sure if your notice the difference to be honest. I would be interested to know how one compares two sets of quality headphones against each other.

With speakers if your amp has provision for two sets of speakers. A+B switch you can plug them all in and switch between them all day and play spot the difference. Can you see the problem in comparing two sets of headphones against each other. Without me explaining the obvious.

Summery

pros : Headphones are superb in every respect five stars for a first Grado buy . You wont be disappointed

cons . There open so everything you hear! Can be heard buy everyone around you even at a low volume.

Garmin eTrex 10 Outdoor Handheld GPS Unit
Garmin eTrex 10 Outdoor Handheld GPS Unit

5.0 out of 5 stars To Clever For Me, 20 Aug 2014
The most stupid Purchase I have ever made. far to clever for me. I do not understand it. Straight out the box for an idiot like me its very difficult to grasp. Why Did i buy it in the first place. This is where I show how stupid I am to the world. I bought it because I wanted to see how fast Trains i use perform on various parts of the journey. I did not realize at the time I could download a speedometer app for my samsung galaxy that do this free of charge using GPS. What a wombat I am. £80 wasted
Anyone want to buy a Garmin e trex cheap.. -:)

I given it Five stars because of the clever technology That must have gone into it must be a superb product for someone who knows what to do with it
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 13, 2014 11:05 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5