Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Fit Furs Goethe-Zertifikat: A2 Book & CD
Fit Furs Goethe-Zertifikat: A2 Book & CD
by Frauke van der Werff

5.0 out of 5 stars Positive review, 29 July 2012
The review above this one is a reflection of the delivery service and not the book content. I can understand the purchasers frustration, but it is harsh on the actual text book & CD, which has not been seen. I find this a sound book and a very useful preparation aid for students planning to take the Goethe Institut exams at this level. It is also useful as a general recap book for students wishing to brush up their skills using modern and practical language extracts. I find the quality of the CD good and the range of vocabulary extensive and authentic.

I recommend this book

MINIRIG Portable rechargeable speaker
MINIRIG Portable rechargeable speaker
Offered by PASCE

5.0 out of 5 stars Different Quality, 21 Mar 2012
I use a portable speaker every day for my work as a language tutor. I have lost count of the number of poor quality speakers I have bought over the years. Often the clarity is not good enough or the build quality lets you down. Frequently the speakers simply don't perform well enough the fill a meeting room or office without a direct power source - usually located somewhere that a gymnast would have trouble reaching, such as two inches from the ground behind a filing cabinet. I have had a minirig for a couple of months - it succeeds on all levels so far. The sound quality is there. It holds its charge well. If it also proves to be robust, and only time will tell, then it will the best small piece of kit I have ever bought. CONGRATULATIONS to the designers and mnaufacturers. I would describe this as a professional level of compact portable speaker. Now please bring out a quality carry case to protect it.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 23, 2012 10:23 AM GMT

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Updating a review, 19 Mar 2012
I bought these goggles as I have a latex allergy and was advised by Speedo that these would present no problem. However, the strap broke whilst trying to adjust it before wearing the goggles for the first time. I am not strong and was not using undue force, so I feel that the product is to be avoided - it seems remarkably weak.

A week later....
The supplier was proactive in contacting me and immediately sent a replacement strap. Sometimes products disappoint, but the customer can ask no more than have the matter dealt with well and professionally by the seller. This has happened in this case and I was impressed by the company's enthusiasm to address my issue with the product. I have therefore revised my score and now have a good product.

Aftermath [DVD]
Aftermath [DVD]
Dvd ~ Sofie Gråbøl

3.0 out of 5 stars Another Danish film.., 19 Feb 2012
This review is from: Aftermath [DVD] (DVD)
I came to this film via the actors. As with other Danish films, I found the quality of the filming and the capability of the acting high. The viewer is very aware of facial expressions and they make powerful use of expression, sweating and minute body detail, which gives a sense of reality, which makes the pain more poignant. This style does help to make the people seem real. This combined with the concentration and focus required when watching a film with subtitles does make the viewer feel very involved. On the other hand I found the film to be almost like a draft version of a film, perhaps a dress rehearsal and there was a certain lack of depth, although the rawness of feeling of the characters was well illustrated. Plus point - thank you for not producing the Hollywood 'happy ever after ending'. Minus point: somehow it failed to captivate overall although there were some very good scenes.

Happy Soup
Happy Soup
Offered by positivenoise

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoy the feast, 21 Oct 2011
This review is from: Happy Soup (Audio CD)
This is a good, fun CD, which has you singing along to it with its simple lyrics. It has good rhythm and, whilst reminiscent of his father, he has carved out his own style. It is not a CD to be left in the car for a week - it is not background noise. You have to listen to it, hear and become involved with the music, whether it be foot tapping or singing along. As such it is a CD to listen to every so often and to remember that you have played it.

My only criticism is the lack of clarity on the higher notes in track 8. It seemed a little muffled in places within that one track. The bass is solid, but the higher notes have lost their sparkle.

Overall, a CD to buy and enjoy.

The Constant Pageant
The Constant Pageant
Offered by skyvo-direct

2.0 out of 5 stars Recording Quality, 3 April 2011
This review is from: The Constant Pageant (Audio CD)
I agree with most of the comments written about this CD. I too read a very positive revue in the press and as a consequence sought out the music on the web. The clips which I listened to were very promising. I have, however, been rather disappointed by the actual CD as I find that even in the car it sounds as though it has been recorded in .mp3 format or is digitally remastered from an analogue recording from thirty years ago. In the house on better equipment the music sounds very thin indeed to me. It is disappointing and I cannot imagine I will listen to it much - the sounds are not well differentiated.

The problem lies with the quality of the recording and not with the musicians or the tracks. I would listen to them live. I might even buy another CD by them, but had I heard this one before I bought it then I would would have put it back on the shelf. Sorry.

Page: 1 | 2