Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2
Tuesdays With Morrie: An old man, a young man, and life's greatest lesson
Tuesdays With Morrie: An old man, a young man, and life's greatest lesson

3.0 out of 5 stars Had some interesting elements and the topic was engaging. ..., 28 Jun. 2014
Had some interesting elements and the topic was engaging. However the characters came across as types rather than full characters and there was a certain lack of depth, which was disappointing and trivialised the theme to some extent. I found many aspects were dealt with in a superficial manner.

Defending Jacob
Defending Jacob

4.0 out of 5 stars Compulsive reading, 14 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Defending Jacob (Kindle Edition)
The writing style was relatively simple and that meant it was a book which could be read at a pace. It provoked some challenging thoughts, whilst being a simple structure of book. I am planning to recommend it as a read for a book club I attend as I think that it will provoke some heated and engaged discussion.

iClever® 19V 2.1A Replacement Samsung Laptop / Netbook AC - DC Adapter / Charger FOR SAMSUNG NP-ND10 NP-NC10 N110 N130 N140 N150

4.0 out of 5 stars Replacement netbook charger, 24 April 2013
Good price. Works fine and has given new life back to my netbook. I find the cable a little on the short side, but this is a not a major problem. The product is actually slightly more compact than the original which is a bonus as it fits better into my work bag. Overall I am very satisfied with the product and the speed of delivery.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 16, 2013 12:38 AM GMT

Hama Xavax Fridge/ Freezer Thermometer
Hama Xavax Fridge/ Freezer Thermometer

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, 25 Mar. 2013
Works well and there are no negatives with this product. It is clear and easy to read at a glance

Embossed Monkey Design Rectangular Soap Dish Case Box Yellow
Embossed Monkey Design Rectangular Soap Dish Case Box Yellow

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and works, 25 Mar. 2013
This product is very cheap. It is fine. There is no problem with it - although its owner still managed to lose it within a couple weeks - I had hoped that it looked unusual enough that he would get it back.

Fit Furs Zertifikat Deutsch: Tipps Und Ubungen
Fit Furs Zertifikat Deutsch: Tipps Und Ubungen
by Sabine Dinsel

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 25 Mar. 2013
Good book, but do note that the exact exam this is focussed on will soon be replaced, so this book does not now have longevity for exam preparation. The materials are still useful.

Schritt Fur Schritt Ins Grammatikland: Grammatik Fur Kinder Und Jugendliche
Schritt Fur Schritt Ins Grammatikland: Grammatik Fur Kinder Und Jugendliche
by Eleni Frangou

4.0 out of 5 stars Good teaching book, 26 Feb. 2013
When I bought this book I was intitially a little reluctant to use it with adult students as I found that it looked a little childish. I had bought it without seeing it and actually holding it in my hands. It sat on one side, hardly used for some time.

Then I had a need for one section in the book and I realised that the student found it challenging, thorough and fun. It works as a book for consolidating on topics which need more attention than is often provided in the course book being used with a student/class. I have revised my opinion and feel that it has brought to life some topics which can be very dry and tedious for the student

Apple iPad, Tablet Stylus, STM Tracer Deluxe with Pen, Black, Rubber
Apple iPad, Tablet Stylus, STM Tracer Deluxe with Pen, Black, Rubber

1.0 out of 5 stars Good design - poorly executed, 23 Feb. 2013
The quality of the ball point pens is not what I expected -neither colour works well. Regret buying this pen. I only use it for the tablet PC - which makes it rather an expensive luxury.

6 Crystal Clear Suit Covers - 100cm - with mixed trim colours - Quality Assured
6 Crystal Clear Suit Covers - 100cm - with mixed trim colours - Quality Assured
Offered by Hangerworld

3.0 out of 5 stars Positive and negative, 2 Feb. 2013
It really is so useful to have clear clothes covers. It makes it so much easier to see where things are and what is contained within the protective cover. The price was cheap, but I chose to buy these because of the 'clear' element. I did not expect high quality at the price, but I was disappointed by the poor quality of the zips. I could not use one of the covers and the others will not take much use. Nevertheless the serve a purpose, but I would not want to open them up very often.

Barbara [DVD]
Barbara [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nina Hoss

2.0 out of 5 stars DDR - Barbara, 11 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Barbara [DVD] (DVD)
I went to see this film full of anticipation. I was actually very disappointed. I found the story line to be very predictable. That in itsself is not an issue. I would, however, have expected more depth and development of character. I found the film superficial and not captivating. It is very dependent on close up filming and photograpy and the mains actors did their job well. I was reminded of the difference which often occurs in literature between a many a short story and a novel. Silence was made to gain importance. The Petzold (director)/Hoss (main role) is a well trodden path. There has been an attempt here to accentuate the acting strengths of Nina Hoss - the expressive eyes and the curl of the lips. There just was not enough substance here to make the film a success in the long term. I am sure many people will disagree with my view point on this film, but my guess is that within six months of this film becoming available with English subtitles it will appear on Amazon Marketplace at very low prices indeed. I would recommend that you wait and watch it cheaply. The topic area is certainly an interesting one, but I cannot imagine watching the film a second time. For those who want a Petzold / Hoss fix, perhaps pick up a copy of Yella instead. Now I have watched that film more than once.

Page: 1 | 2