Profile for mum of a teenage lad! > Reviews

Content by mum of a teena...

mum of a teenage lad!

Doing it
Doing it
by Melvin Burgess

5.0 out of 5 stars naughty but very realistic!, 5 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Doing it (Hardcover)
My fourteen year old daughter asked me to purchase this book for her, as she enjoys reading books about teenage love stories and boys, so I wasn't at all shocked by the title 'doing it'. I was looking for an easy read and read the book after her telling me it was brilliant and I may actually like it. It throws you into the mindset of the three teenage boys straight away, and so you have to prepare yourself for the 'naughty language and details' throughout the whole book. Despite many people saying that it is a little too explicit, I think it is great! Yes, of course, there are some slightly 'cringey' uses of language in there, but it is realistic and lets face it- it is exactly the way a teenage boy thinks and acts. As a mother of two teenagers, one being a sixteen year old lad, I know that this book tells no lies about the mind of an adolescent male. I've often heard my son and his mates talking about girls with sometimes the most vile attitudes, and it takes a lot for me to not run in and tell them to stop being so disgusting, but that's just the way they are wether we like it or not. It certainly gave my daughter a clearer view of boys, but thankfully she wasn't too shocked as she said that most of the boys at her school are exactly the same!

A fantastic read! I would reccomend it for any teenager/young adult for an easy read and a bit of a giggle.