ARRAY(0xa5e6eec4)

Walking Dead, The 2014 Wall
by Sellers
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic calendar for fans of The Walking Dead., 4 Nov 2013
I'm a huge fan of the series so this was a must buy for me. I'm really impressed with the quality of the calendar, it looks fantastic. The photos and colours are excellent and it's the perfect size for displaying proudly on the wall. The 12 monthly photos are mostly taken from season 3 with a couple from season 2 thrown in. As well as the main photos you also get a smaller photo each month alongside the days, further adding to the quality. The boxes for the days are also a decent size to be able to write in important events such as appointments and birthdays. Perfect for surviving the year.

Overall, fully recommended. It would make a great gift for any fan of The Walking Dead and I can't wait for the new year so I can put mine up.

Woodworm Golf Tour Towel
Woodworm Golf Tour Towel
Offered by The Sports HQ
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Style as well as substance, 21 May 2013
This review is from: Woodworm Golf Tour Towel (Misc.)
I bought this towel to clip onto my green Woodworm golf bag. I love the worm design and it goes brilliantly with my set of Woodworm clubs. The towel has two contrasting sides. The black side is made from shorter softer thread and is ideal for drying my hands and golf balls when conditions are damp, which they often are where I live. The reverse side is red and contrasts with the front (black worm and brand name) and is made from longer thicker thread so is ideal for getting into the grooves of club heads to clean the mud off. The large metal carabiner clip is superb. One of the best quality clips I've seen and is big enough to allow me to attach additional items onto my bag as well - such as a cap, cleaning brush, course ticket etc. The clip is positioned half-way up the towel so that the towel doesn't drag along the ground when my bag is in its standing position. A small but very important design point!

Well worth the price for me and highly recommended, whether or not you have a Woodworm golf bag.

Woodworm Golf TOUR Mens Golf Shoes
Woodworm Golf TOUR Mens Golf Shoes
Offered by The Sports HQ
Price: 79.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointingly not waterproof, 19 Feb 2013
I saw the mixed reviews on these golf shoes before buying but decided to give them a go anyway because of the great price.

I was a little disappointed on receipt because the quality seemed to be below par with several loose threads on the stitching and some excess glue around the heel. Despite that they still looked very stylish and they did prove to be very comfortable and fit true to size (I ordered size 10.5).

However, once on the course I found out that they were not waterproof at all. This was on a damp rather than soaking wet course too and I only ventured into the rough once or twice. Water seeped in around the toes and the side leaving me with very wet socks at the end of the round (my wet socks were noticeable after only 4 or 5 holes but I persevered until the end).

Sports HQ were very helpful when I contacted them and they promptly sent me a replacement pair which unfortunately also leaked on their first outing. I can only assume that the quality of manufacture on some pairs are not the same as others because the two pairs I received were completely hopeless in damp conditions. I happily received a refund after the replacement pair also failed but definitely cannot recommend purchasing these golf shoes.

It looks like I'm going to have to spend more than I had hoped for a pair of waterproof golf shoes. Such a shame because they are comfortable and look very nice.

The Photo Album Company PELA4-BLK Premium Easy Loader A4 Frame with Mount
The Photo Album Company PELA4-BLK Premium Easy Loader A4 Frame with Mount
Price: 10.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value certificate frame!, 15 Sep 2011
I got this frame to put my A4 certificate in and I am not disappointed in the slightest. It looks much more expensive than the price suggests and is very good quality. It feels sturdy and well made. The black and silver effect frame works very well as a certificate frame but I'm sure it would look just as good with a photo.
I did have minor difficulty in attaching this frame to my wall because the nail head has to fit through one of the fastenings for holding the back of the frame on and this is a tight fit but not impossible.
Also worth noting is that this is not a glass frame, it is some form of plastic but this makes it lighter and was what I wanted.
I would definitely recommend this frame as a cheap but very good quality solution to displaying your certificate or photo.

Ghostbusters - LOGO Mug
Ghostbusters - LOGO Mug
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Mug!!, 25 July 2011
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Ghostbusters - LOGO Mug (Toy)
Being a Ghostbusters fan I was immediately clicking 'add to basket' when I saw this mug (despite having a plethora of drinking vessels to my name already). It feels a good strong mug, not one of these flimsy affairs you get from the pound shop that either loses handle or base before your second brew. The logo is printed on both sides of the outside of the mug and there is also a smaller logo on the underside base. I've been using it for a couple of months now and the finish/logo has shown no signs of fading or wearing away. It's a decent size too - without being too scientific I'd say it is a normal sized mug.

Although a little on the pricey side I'd definitely recommend this mug. You'll find it hard to prevent yourself from humming the Ghostbusters tune whilst waiting for your tea to brew...(Although I'm sure it will work fine with coffee too!)

H & L Russel Duvet Chest Soft Touch, Navy Blue, 57 x 30 x 50 cm
H & L Russel Duvet Chest Soft Touch, Navy Blue, 57 x 30 x 50 cm
Offered by SelectiveGoods
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value storage, 31 Oct 2009
A Great value storage solution.

I have managed to get a single duvet, 4 full sets of bed sheets and a blanket in mine and there is still room for more. I would however say that these are not designed to be carried or moved whilst full. It can be quite a challenge as they do get heavy when full and are awkward to lift. That said, you could easily use one of these to transport a double duvet as I have done.

As a permanent storage item at the bottom of your bed or in your wardrobe these are great. Just what I needed to store my bed linen and summer duvet.

I have already bought two of these and would buy more if I hadn't fit everything I needed to in the first two. I have already recommened these to my family and have no hesitations in doing the same here.

Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer
Philips NT9110 Nose Hair Trimmer
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Search over - this one does the job and does it well, 22 Jan 2008
For those of you who have gone through a number of battery operated nasal hair trimmers and been disappointed on each occasion (me included) this one may just solve your problem.

Besides looking quite stylish it works very well and in around 1-2 minutes it will have done a good job of getting rid of all that unwanted nasal hair. Its angled design makes it easier to navigate your neb (and ears) and unlike other ones I have tried, this trimmer doesn't pull the hairs out (which can be quite painful) it simply clips them like a pair of scissors would.

It's easy to clean, just use the included small brush or rinse the end under the tap, and it comes with 2 eyebrow combs (one short, one long) which clip onto the trimmer to allow you to trim your eyebrows. These work quite well and do a decent job.
Also included is a plastic cover to protect the blades and an AA battery (which is always nice). One small problem I've experienced is that sometimes when you switch it on it doesn't start and you have to take the battery out and put it back in again. This isn't too big a nuisance and it only rarely needs doing.

The battery life itself is good - I'm still using the supplied battery after upwards of 20 uses.
In summary, this is probably the best battery operated trimmer available and you wont be disappointed if you buy it. I would fully recommend it if you can avoid the steep postage for this product ;)

UPDATE 05/02/2014

Since I wrote this review six years ago (which is quite a scary thought) I thought it would be helpful to update it somewhat.

Well, what can I say? I'm still using this trimmer and am still very happy with it. My original trimmer did stop working sometime last year, but since it lasted for over 5 years I was more than happy to order an identical replacement without hesitation (not much lasts for 5 years these days). Before it gave up, the Philips was still trimming extremely effectively and completely pain-free showing how good a device it really was.

My new model is, as expected, as superb as its predecessor. The only difference is that it now includes an image of a tap on the neck highlighting the ability, and the need, to rinse the head after use. From reading some of the other reviews on here several people seem to have an issue with the device ceasing to work soon after purchase. I suspect that the vast majority of these cases are simply where the head has become clogged up with hair. I rinse mine under the cold tap for a few seconds after every use and it has never failed me yet. So remember, RINSE AFTER USE! ;)

After six years of use I really cannot recommend this product highly enough and as long as they keep making them, I'll keep buying them.
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 25, 2012 1:55 PM GMT

BullGuard Internet Security 7 (3 User Licence) (PC)
BullGuard Internet Security 7 (3 User Licence) (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best antivirus money can buy, 13 Sep 2007
I have had this on my home computer for a while now and have had no problems with it since day 1. Installation was quick and easy (make you wonder why other antivirus software isn't this simple) and took about 5 minutes from putting the disc in. Once you have registered an account you can then install Bullguard on another computer and use your username and password to get the protection on that computer as well. You can protect up to 3 PC's with one subscription. I downloaded the vista-compatable software for my laptop and then used my current subscription to get antivirus on that as well. You can also update your subscription online, which only takes a few minutes.
You can set Bullguard to update as frequently or as little as you want and although your PC will slow down a bit when it does update, this only takes about 10-15 seconds.
The backup feature is a good bonus although I haven't needed to use this because I use a memory pen to back my files up. The firewall and everything else is excellent and has blocked anything that has threatened my computer. Bullguard can do a part or full scan of your PC which identifies infected files and then deletes/quarantines/disinfects or blocks them (whichever you choose).
This software is brilliant and hasn't caused any problems with my other software unlike past packages. It has user-friendly menus and is a joy to use. I can't recommend it enough.

Philips HQ8150 Philishave Speed XL Mains/Rechargeable Rotary Shaver
Philips HQ8150 Philishave Speed XL Mains/Rechargeable Rotary Shaver

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shaver, 7 Sep 2007
I suppose that different electric shavers work best for different people but this one has certainly not let me down. The closeness of the shave is good and depends on how much time you use it for. Although it isn't a close as a wet shave is it is excellent for when you don't have much time - I find 90 seconds is sufficient most mornings, expecially when in a rush. Overall I'd rate the closeness of the shave at 7/10.

When cleaning the shaver, all you have to do is flip open the top and rinse with hot water. The internals are sealed so the water will drip through the shaver and out the bottom (this is the recommended cleaning method). I've been using mine for about 10 months now and the blades are still sharp and effective.

The battery life is excellent. I find I only have to charge mine every 6 weeks using it every day. The shaver can be charged in the included base via mains connection and will charge fully in a few hours (quick charge available). A red light will flash when the shaver is in use (and for a few seconds after you switch it off) to show you that the battery is low.

It looks great and comes with a handy travel case and brush and can be stored in the bag or on the charge stand. It's not that quiet when in use but this isn't a problem and the noise level isn't too loud. The only problem I have with this is that a 2 pin plug adapter is not included so if you want to charge it via a standard 3 pin socket you will need to get one.

I haven't had any problems with it so far and expect to continue using it for a few years. 80 is a fair price for this but I bought it for around 69 so I would recommend it if the price goes down again.