Profile for causerino > Reviews

Content by causerino

causerino

Canon EOS 600D Digital SLR Camera (inc. 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens Kit)
Canon EOS 600D Digital SLR Camera (inc. 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens Kit)
Offered by Staraxe Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Amatuer user / 1st time DSLR buyer, 6 May 2012
So this was my first step to taking my photography to a hobby level, instead of just my touristy point and click at everything mentality. I was moving from a Sony Nex 5, which I had used for around a year in total. That had taught me a few things about photography but it just didn't cut for me if I wanted to be able to take better photos. So I bought the 600D.

I had been looking at the few other cameras around this price range, including the Nikon D5100 and the Sony SLT A55, but I felt that the features the 600D had and the lenses available to purchase were more appealing.

I have been using the camera on both manual and automatic modes and it can produce some excellent results. The automatic options include an a range of modes from sports to creative auto. The creative auto gives you the control over the depth of field and other options. These are great if you just want to fire of some shots without having to worry about the light settings.

The manual settings are just as easy to work around and you will find yourself using them more and more. This is partly due to the easy menu options and the placement of the manual buttons around the camera. You can quickly change the ISO and many other settings from the click of the finger and the scroll wheel above the grip.

The autofocus works great and is extremely fast, I have compared this against a friends Nikon D7000 and the 600D is always quicker and more responsive. Manual focus is easily turned on by a flick of the switch on the lens.

Many people say they don't think the articulated screen is much to sing and dance about, but I love it. It is great to use when you want to get a funny angle or hard to reach shot. It also provides protection for the screen when you have the camera in your bag as you can turn the screen inwards. The screen itself is lovely and sharp, with great colours, so you really know what the photo looks like when you review it afterwards.

If you are looking to take your photography that little bit further when you are a beginner like me, then I fully recommend this camera.

I currently have the 600D, 18-55mm lens, 55-250mm lens, and 50mm lens. These cover all the situations I have come up against so far and all at great price. I do fancy some of the higher end lenses, but they start getting very expensive.

Tenn Mens Bib Front Cycling Shorts with Moulded Pad - Black/Grey XL
Tenn Mens Bib Front Cycling Shorts with Moulded Pad - Black/Grey XL

4.0 out of 5 stars 1st time bib user, 6 May 2012
I bought these as I had gone on a few short rides and noticed quite quickly how much it hurt my rear end! After talking to a few guys in my office who cycle a lot, they suggested getting some padded shorts. I opted for these bib shorts instead as I liked having the back being fully covered in case your top rides up.

These fit me very well, and they feel well built. I have only been out in these twice so far, so I will have to see how they hold up with a bit more wear and tear.

The padded area is not removable which is a slight pain, as if it doesn't keep it's shape it means I will need to buy new ones.

I could notice the difference straight away when I was out on a ride, and after 4 miles it was still very comfy. I wore these under a pair of normal cargo shorts, but I would be happy wearing them on their own if the weather was hotter.

Very comfortable and would recommend if you want to try them out at the price.

Pink Pig black A3 sketchbook 150gsm acid free white paper 70 pages (35 leaves)
Pink Pig black A3 sketchbook 150gsm acid free white paper 70 pages (35 leaves)

4.0 out of 5 stars Sketch Book, 6 May 2012
Purchased this for my sister and she was very pleased with it. The paper is nice and strong so wont tear easily if you make a mistake and need to use a rubber. The covers are nice and sturdy so if you are just resting the pad on your knees or some other awkward position, you can still draw easily.

Jodie Rose 'Amethyst' Colour Crystal Exotic Bird Brooch
Jodie Rose 'Amethyst' Colour Crystal Exotic Bird Brooch

4.0 out of 5 stars Exotic Bird Brooch, 6 May 2012
This was purchased as a gift for the girlfriend.

The presentation box wasn't the greatest, but the item itself was beautiful. Very well designed and the colour of it was gorgeous. The item was larger then I expected for the price, which was a bonus as I didn't want it to be that small, around 2inchs in length.

The pin clip was very sturdy and also the feather effects were also very strong, so they won't get broken off easily by getting caught in a jacket or cardigan.

Highly recommended if you like this type of thing.

Master Class Non-Stick Mini Twenty-Four Hole Tart / Canapé Pan
Master Class Non-Stick Mini Twenty-Four Hole Tart / Canapé Pan

4.0 out of 5 stars Mini Hole Pan, 6 May 2012
I bought this pan with one thing in mind, and that was to make omelette muffins.

The pan is good and weighty and didn't deform under high heat. The non stick coating worked as planned and the muffins were easily picked out the holes with no residue left in. I didn't get to test the pastry tool as I didn't need it, but it looks as if it fits the shape of the pan perfectly.

All in all, a very well made pan which was very well priced.

Beto Track Pump Steel Tripod Legs With Gauge - Varied Colours
Beto Track Pump Steel Tripod Legs With Gauge - Varied Colours

4.0 out of 5 stars Beto Track Pump, 6 May 2012
This is my first floor standing pump and I am very impressed overall. It was easy to use, and within 6-7 pumps tyre pressure was up to 115psi (the gauge is nice and easy to view as well.

A major benefit of this specific pump is that because the foot stand is at the front of the tube, rather then the sides, your knees don't get in the way when pumping.

It has a dual valve head so you can use it on standard and road bike valves (schrader and presta valves) and it is easy to switch between them both.

I would recommend this for anyone looking to get a decent pump to keep in the car/garage.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 7, 2014 1:21 PM BST