Profile for D. Court > Reviews

Content by D. Court

D. Court "Red Woman" (Northumberland England)

Unhooking the Moon
Unhooking the Moon
by Gregory Hughes

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a wonderful book. Magical, 13 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Unhooking the Moon (Paperback)
This is a wonderful book. Magical, moving. Rat is quirky, fearless. Her older brother Bob narrates their story. He is full of fear, especially for his sister as they go on a journey to New York in search of their Uncle. I felt just like Bob, but longed to be just like Rat. A really good story.

Complete Italian (Learn Italian with Teach Yourself): Enhanced eBook: New edition (Teach Yourself Audio eBooks)

3.0 out of 5 stars Great - except no sound on Kindle, 6 Feb. 2013
I emailed to check. Thought it must be my mistake. But no, the Kindle version I purchased did not have any sound on Kindle. So I couldn't check pronunciation - my reason for buying it on Kindle. Works well on my iphone.

The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking)
The Knife of Never Letting Go (Chaos Walking)
by Patrick Ness

5.0 out of 5 stars Just read it ..., 2 Mar. 2009
I hardly need to say how great this book is: so many people have already said so. I read a lot of books, for children and adults. This one is a great read, exciting, unexpected, nail biting and very brave. I don't want to over-promise: people's expectations go sky high and then they can be disappointed. A friend said this book is like marmite - you either love it or you hate it. So my advice is, don't expect anything, but make sure you read it. It's different, very different, the best children's novel I've read in a long time. It's not to be missed. I can't wait for Book 2.

Your Writing Coach: From Concept to Character, from Pitch to Publication - Everything You Need to Know About Writing Novels, Non-fiction, New Media, Scripts and Short Stories
by Jurgen Wolff

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear, practical, inspiring, 19 Aug. 2007
So many "help" books are little or no help, meandering about, but giving no real practical advice, just dangling carrots. Jurgen's book gives clear, inspiring, encouraging advice. His web link is invaluable - often I find I am reading books he has recommended, or following ideas he has suggested. And if you can get along to one of his workshops, in person he is just as friendly and helpful and encouraging. For beginners, get reading. And for every other writer this book offers new ideas, new ways of thinking. A jolly good read!