Profile for ADJR > Reviews

Sealskinz Men's Ultra Grip Gloves - Hi Vis Yellow, Large
Sealskinz Men's Ultra Grip Gloves - Hi Vis Yellow, Large
Offered by RunActive Sports Fitness

4.0 out of 5 stars Sealskinz Men's Ultra Grip Gloves - Hi Vis, 8 April 2014
I have worn these right through a Scottish winter. In my case they are a snug fit with good mobility and are certainly Hi Vis. They exhibit a curious phenomenon whereby at the start of a run for a few minutes they feel like they are not going to work. However, the rest of the time they have kept my hands toasty warm in all temperatures encountered so far (probably down to -5C). I try to avoid cycling in heavy rain but I did for the first time on Saturday and discovered like another reviewer that they don't seem to be waterproof at all.

LED Lenser H14 4 in 1 - 210 Lumens - Head torch
LED Lenser H14 4 in 1 - 210 Lumens - Head torch
Offered by Fashion LED

5.0 out of 5 stars LED Lenser H14, 8 April 2014
Very robust kit. Just the right balance of brightness to battery power and longivity. Feature packed with just two possible negatives when used as a headlamp: -The unit seems uncomfortably heavy for prolonged use unless you detach & relocate the battery pack. The light sticks out quite a bit at the front which could make it awkward in tight spaces. However, having used it almost every day for 7 months, I am very happy with this purchase.

Seven Classic Albums [Audio CD] George Russell
Seven Classic Albums [Audio CD] George Russell
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Seven Classic Albums [CD] George Russell, 8 April 2014
Brilliant unique jazz. AMAZING value which I would recommend to any George Russell fans. I particularly want to mention the audio quality as other reviews very nearly put me off buying these outstanding CDs by implying poor audio quality. On my £5000 system (2005 prices) Exposure CD & Amp + Castle speakers, the audio quality is above average for recordings of this period. Enjoy!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Powerhouse of a light at a third the price of of most of the competition, 24 Nov. 2012
Amazing for the price, very well built and wonderfully bright light.

On the two LED setting it must approach the brightness of some car headlights on main beam. Photographic testing shows that the three LED setting is significantly brighter across the beam than the two LED setting. However, I don't see the difference on the road.

Probably too bright for city roads on any setting other than the single steady LED. Flashing mode would probably make you enemies. As with every powerful bike light I know of, light spills out in all directions, so on dark roads it is a blinding hazard to oncoming traffic. I have a weaker backup light I use as a dipped headlight.

You get full output until the battery is depleted but then light dies totally and suddenly. This is alarming on unlit roads. You need either a backup battery or a backup light. I use my dipped headlight as backup and keep it on constantly.

The original battery received with the light had only about half the quoted 6400mAh capacity. The seller sent me a replacement which had the full capacity and runs for 2hrs+ on full power. However I ordered a backup from another Amazon seller and it also had almost exactly half the quoted 6400mAh capacity again. This leaves me pessimistic about availability of satisfactory batteries for this power hungry lamp.

ICERS Ultimate Heavy-Duty Ice Grippers for EXTREME conditions
ICERS Ultimate Heavy-Duty Ice Grippers for EXTREME conditions
Offered by Eskimo Agency

5.0 out of 5 stars Icers - Rolls Royce of Icegrips, 17 Dec. 2011
I have used Spikys and Yaktrax extensively and as far as grip is concerned, Icers blow them away in all conditions. I even helped push my sons skidding car up a hill on black ice last year without any slippage. (This week I fell just walking along a horizontal pavement on frozen slush wearing spikys.)

I haven't used them long enough to comment on their durability but they look like they will last a lifetime (with the aid of the replaceable studs). There was some faulty stitching on one of the velcro straps but that was dealt with very swiftly and satisfactorily by the supplier.

Icers are uncompromising and they do what they claim to do. This inevitably means that they are bulkier and heavier than most of the competition. The majority of other traction devices are much lighter and more portable which is their one strength because in areas where ice or snow cover is unpredictable and intermittent they are ideal for carrying around in winter.

However, when you need guaranteed 100% traction on ice or snow and bulk is no problem or, if you live somewhere that has snow / ice cover for long periods, Icers are the answer. They are the Rolls Royce of ice grips - Thoroughly recommended.