Profile for Jason > Reviews

Stop Overeating: The 28-day plan to end emotional eating
Stop Overeating: The 28-day plan to end emotional eating
by Dr. Jane McCartney

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the wait! Excellent read, 26 Jun 2014
Over the years as a sad and overweight man I have tried every diet going from practically starvation to stuffing myself on a particular food type, nothing has ever really worked, I have lost a few pounds here and there but it all soon piles back on. I know my overeating + weight problems are to do with the psychological side of things not just eating more than I need but I have never known what to do about it as I can’t afford private therapy and as for the NHS well a six month wait to be offered group therapy for a few weeks!
When I saw this book I have to admit I had my doubts, who puts an opened packet of biscuits on the front cover of a weight lose book! But that aside I thought I’d give it a go I’ve spent so much time, effort and money getting nowhere I really didn’t have much to lose. I’m so glad I did, I’ve only had the book for a few weeks and yes as the author says, it’s not going to be easy but things worth the effort often are.
As you go through the book it’s a bit like having your own therapy you really start to uncover the reasons why you eat, opportunity, habit, sometimes real hunger, but it’s the emotional reasons which I have not been dealing with for the past 20 odd years which are the real reasons I’ve been eating too much for too long. So once you start doing some proper work on this only then can you even begin to have a chance to stop yourself over eating.
As I said it’s not going to be a walk in the park, but what proper diet ever is? But by sticking to the principles mostly following the food plan that is included I moved a few things on it around as I’m not a huge fan of anything too spicy but there are plenty of other alternatives meals I can have.
I have already lost 9lbs and yes there’s times I’ve been fed up + hungry but now I can apply the stop overeating principles, finding out what and often in my case the who, is behind my emotional need to eat, and what I can do to stop it. My only regret , (yes I do miss some of the food I know caused my weight gain over the years) is that this book wasn’t around 20 years ago I think it would have saved me so much heartache, Brilliant book highly recommended it to anyone struggling to lose weight.