Profile for Midlandgirl > Reviews

Content by Midlandgirl

Midlandgirl (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Solitaire VegasTM - Download and play the best classic Casino Style card game app for free.  New for 2015! (no internet needed)
Solitaire VegasTM - Download and play the best classic Casino Style card game app for free. New for 2015! (no internet needed)

5.0 out of 5 stars a good time passer, 16 Jan. 2015
Visually a really easy to follow layout, very clear and bright. A good game which I access daily.

The End of Winter:  A Crime Thriller
The End of Winter: A Crime Thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars Really excellent read, 5 Jan. 2015
This was a book I really enjoyed reading I found myself really looking forward to picking it up again after I had to put it down for some reason. I liked the characters and found them believable .

CHAMPAGNE CHIC LEMONADE MONEY (Sewing, Knitting & Baking series Book 4)
CHAMPAGNE CHIC LEMONADE MONEY (Sewing, Knitting & Baking series Book 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK..., 27 Nov. 2014
This is a the book to choose if you are looking for an easy, light read with mild romance.

The story seems to lose its way slightly by trying to inject some menace into what is otherwise gentle plots about ladies in a dress shop. This didn't feel comfortable and I still don't understand why the 'bad guy' was needed at all and what his problem/s were anyway? Apart from him having cold blue eyes and a chilling air of menace nothing really emerged about him anyway. It all felt a bit tacked on and didn't flow naturally to be truthful.

A world record must have been broken somewhere in the overuse of the word 'vintage', which became a major irritation for me very early on in the story. I reluctantly accepted that the author felt we might all possess a goldfish type memory and need constant reminders regarding the type of clothes thatwere being designed and sold in the shop and so constant but the kindle nearly went out of the window in exasperation, when she felt it necessary to use again to describe the Christmas decorations too!

The plus point was it was a free read and passed an evening for me.

Edge® Fitness PTS450G Toning Sticks. Simply The Best 'No Gimmicks' Take It To The Limit...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 18 Dec. 2013
Arrived quickly and well packaged. Good design and well balanced. They exactly the same as pictured and were just what I was expecting. Very pleased with my purchase.

Casdon Supermarket Till
Casdon Supermarket Till

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of play value, 18 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Casdon Supermarket Till (Toy)
Granddaughter delighted with this replacement for her old till that was no longer working. Now plays 'shops' with enthusiasm and loves the supermarket till. Excellent play value and good price.

Melissa & Doug Lacing Shoe
Melissa & Doug Lacing Shoe

5.0 out of 5 stars Did its job well, 18 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Melissa & Doug Lacing Shoe (Toy)
My 5-year old granddaughter struggled to learn this skill, but having the lacing shoe made it so much easier. It still took her a little while to master it but when she got frustrated she could just put it to one side and pick it up later and start again. The look on her face when she finally mastered it was priceless! An excellent learning tool.

Flexitol Heel Balm (56g for cracked dry feet)
Flexitol Heel Balm (56g for cracked dry feet)
Offered by Body And Base Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 17 April 2012
This product is a lifesaver for feet. It doesn't pretend to be what it's not and just does 'what it says on the tin'as the advert goes. Really pleased.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 18, 2012 7:53 AM BST

Lonsdale Mexican Style Headguard, Size- M
Lonsdale Mexican Style Headguard, Size- M

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose, 17 April 2012
Very pleased with the headguard. Ordered it for son who pronounced it just the job. Arrived well packaged and quickly.

Andrew James 1000 WATT Electric Silver Food Stand Mixer With Splash Guard and 5.2 Litre Bowl + Spatula + 128 Page Food Mixer Cookbook

3.0 out of 5 stars Its OK, 2 April 2012
It is a good price for a solid, (it's heavy!), piece of kitchen equipment. Personally I think it might not be for me and I might have been unrealistic in my expectations - I just prefer the more instant results from my wonderful food processor. When I used it I seemed to be forever scraping mixture from the sides of the bowl and it restarting the machine, which I found extremely time consuming. That said, the cake I did make, (eventually), was very light in texture and a good flavour. Andrew James 1000 WATT Electric Food Stand Mixer With Splash Guard and 5.2 Litre Bowl + FREE Spatula + FREE 128 Page Food Mixer Cookbook

Kenwood CM024 kMix Coffee Maker - Peppercorn Black
Kenwood CM024 kMix Coffee Maker - Peppercorn Black

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb machine, 1 Jan. 2012
I purchased this machine for my son as a Christmas present. It was delivered very quickly, it was easy to set up and use and the coffee was superb. My son and his girlfriend were thrilled with it and in fact it was so good that I am going to get one for myself! Thank you Kenwood.

Page: 1 | 2