Profile for C. Tomkinson > Reviews

Content by C. Tomkinson

C. Tomkinson (UK)

Gents Seiko Kinetic Stainless Steel Divers 200M Water Resistant Watch on Bracelet, with Date. Ref SKA369P1

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Watch!, 28 July 2012
This watch is absolutely incredible value for the quality you get. It's a great looking piece - rather heavy, but it's a serious diver's watch and needs to be pretty substantial. I set the time a few days ago against my radio controlled G-Shock and it hasn't gained or lost a second - still bang on, which indicates it's likely to be the most accurate (non radio) watch I've ever owned and even exceeding the accuracy I've come to expect from Seiko.

Kinetic has to be the way to go, particularly with a dive watch where no regular battery replacements are necessary and the water proofing integrity of the watch is maintained. How trouble free do you want it? It may possibly need a new battery in 15-20 years - so will I probably by then! LOL.

Casio G-Shock  Men's Digital Watch GW-500E-1VER With Solar Powered Radio Controlled Resin Strap
Casio G-Shock Men's Digital Watch GW-500E-1VER With Solar Powered Radio Controlled Resin Strap

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Watch!, 14 July 2011
I've had this watch for 4 years and it's been totally reliable. I was concerned about the reliability of receiving the radio signal but it's turned out to be a non-issue - the watch connects to the Rugby (UK) time signal absolutely faultlessly regardless of where I am - even if I wear the watch in bed. Accurate time keeping is something you just take for granted with this watch, along with it's ability to automatically adjust for daylight saving, days in the month and leap years, in fact since setting the watch up when I first got it, I haven't had to touch the settings - I just wear it!

I'm particularly hard on watches, but the recessed glass on this watch is well protected from scratches and is totally unmarked as is the rest of the watch. Initial setup is a bit of a pain - the instruction manual could be a lot better written, but once you've set it up you'll probably never have to do it again anyway. The watch is an absolute bargain - I highly recommend it to anyone who wants totally accurate and trouble free timekeeping in a rugged watch.