ARRAY(0x992d0be8)

Profile for L. Woolridge > Reviews

Content by L. Woolridge
Top Reviewer Ranking: 296

L. Woolridge "Leewoo" (Stoke-On-Trent)
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11
TP-Link TL-WA750RE 150Mbps Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender/Wi-Fi Booster (WPS function,Easy Configuration)
Price: 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, cheap little device, 26 July 2013
One of the best purchases I've gotten in a long time.
Literally all I wanted was for my Living room to get better wifi and for my Sky box to be able to access the Internet without having to purchase Skys' own wifi adapter for the Sky HD box.
This has answered all of my prayers. Setup took about 5 minutes but that was only because my Router didn't want to play ball with the simple WPS setup (pressing the buttons on the router and the extender to pair them up) So instead I did it the other way, via the web browser.
If I'm honest that is almost as easy.
Literally power up a laptop or desktop, plug the provided Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port on your laptop/PC and plug your TP-Link Wifi extender into a UK 3-Pink wall socket. Next you will notice a little yellow triangle where your wifi/internet connection is, all that means is there is no internet. Then you load up any web browser you have installed, Internet explorer/Opera/Google chrome etc and it will do one of two thing, it will automatically ask you for the username and password (which is admin/admin) or you can type in the website that is provided in the setup guide manual and then enter the username and password. It will then take you to the setup page which searches for your router, you select it and enter the regular network/WiFi password/Key and leave it for one minute.
You will know it is working when the RE light is solid and the WiFi bars on the right hand side of the Extender are lit up. You can then move it else where in the house and enjoy your Wifi.
My sky box is now getting a Wired connection from the Wifi Extender and my entire living room now gets 4 bars instead of 1-2.

Very pleased with the aesthetics of the Extender as wlel, it does not look an eye-saw, is small and neat and gets the job done!

Hori Officially Licensed 3DS Game Card Case 24 (Blue) (Nintendo 3DS/DSi/DSL)
Hori Officially Licensed 3DS Game Card Case 24 (Blue) (Nintendo 3DS/DSi/DSL)
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Much needed accesory, 15 Jun 2013
After purchasing this it makes me wonder why I didn't get one sooner! The clips that hold the Games in are sturdy and there is no movement in them at all. The fat that it comes with an SD adapter to keep an SD card safe is a great addition. Now the only problem I have is...I think I may need to buy another one! The price is great considering it keeps all your games safe in one little box...now I will never need to hunt around my room for a specific game.

Bleach: The Movie 4 - Hell Verse [Blu-ray]
Bleach: The Movie 4 - Hell Verse [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Fumiko Orikasa
Price: 15.92

4.0 out of 5 stars A pleasing viewing experience, 28 Feb 2013
First of all I just wanted to say how amazing this was in Blu Ray. If you truly want to appreciate the quality, watch the first 5-10 minutes on blu ray then do the same with the DVD, the difference is such a nice thing to see.

Tite Kubo did a great job with the writing of this storyline/plot. admittedly it does start out a tad slow but it soon picks up after about 15 minutes and after that its just pure fighting and not like anything in the series. You don;t get the usual 1vs1 fights whilst the rest of the world is on hold, the fights are 1vs1 but they cross over other fights as the camera pans round, they knock into each other, and that's where you can truly tell the quality and effort put into this movie.

This is definitely one of my favourite Anime movies for the simple fact there is lots of fighting, told you it was a simple reason! I did like the fact that it felt like the film was coming to a slow and disappointing end but then *SPOILER* Ichigo rushes off and re-enters hell again to finish off the job he had started!

Overrall this is a must watch for any Bleach fan and if you have a blu ray player then you have got to get it in this format, I could not recommend it more based on how it looks.

You can watch this in both english dubbed or in its original state with english subtitles

One thing I was disappointed with is the fact the blu ray/DVD combo box is listed as collectors edition which made me hope there might be a few extras on the blu ray disk, but alas nothing, just the film.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood 4 OVA Blu-ray/DVD Combi with Digital Comic
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood 4 OVA Blu-ray/DVD Combi with Digital Comic
Dvd ~ Rie Kugimiya
Price: 16.12

4.0 out of 5 stars FMA - Great Anime, 23 Jan 2013
I really enjoyed this mini boxset (it truly is mini) as it bought back all of the memories of the original series and made me want to rewatch FMA from the first episode again. I was a little bit disappointed about the lack of episodes and truly feel that these few episodes could have been thrown into the actual series, and it feels a bit of a cash in. I'm not saying these episodes weren't good, I had just hoped that there might have been maybe 7 or 8 episodes that could have been really great and one in particular just felt like a super-filler episode.

All in all I enjoyed watching this OVA but just wish there had been a couple mre episodes for me to enjoy.

Asus SABERTOOTH Z77 Motherboard (Socket 1155, 32GB DDR3 Support, Intel Z77 Express, ATX, PCI-E 3.0, USB 3.0, Quad GPU AMD CrossfireX, Supports HDMI 1.4a)

5.0 out of 5 stars Asus - reliable as ever!, 23 Jan 2013
I got one of these on Monday and I can say that Asus have done it yet again and have produced an A Class Motherboard. I have been using asus motherboars for about 4 years now ever since i got an Asus croshair iii, then Asus sabertooth 990FX, and now this. The aesthetics of this board are great but it isn't just for looks, the TUF armour really does help disperse the heat, and the two mini fans dispense the heat out and across the board meaning the motherboard doesnt overheat new the GP, RAM or CPU.

As always the connections on the board have been thoroughly thought about and have been placed in ideal locations for a tidy gamers build. One thing I'm a touch gutted about is the fact it only has two SATA 3 6GBps sockets but it's fine as there are 6 SATA 2 that I can use for standard storage drives instead of SSDs. The setup was easy enough (but please be sure to remove the plastic sticker from the ethernet connection or you will struggle!) it fitted nicely into my CM Storm Scout case. I paired this Board up with an i5 3570K and a Corsair H60 watercooler and once again everything went smoothly.

Bootup times were fantastic, from power on, through a full installation and into the desktop (using windows 7 64-bit) it took 11 minutes (using a Crucial M4 256GB). The drivers were very straight forward, and some of the software is very nice, mainly the AI suite that is provided on the disk as it contains the motherboard temps, fan controllers etc. When fitting the watercooler to the motherboard i fitted the fan to the CPU socket and the waterpump to the CPU OPT socket. This is where things get a little awkward because the AI suite software doesn;t allow you to change the fan speeds of the CPU OPT socket which i was a little bewildered by to be honest. Because of this I swapped it to the chassis fan 3 socket and was able to alter the fan RPM but this caused further problems as i put it at 3643RPM and it ran super quiet but after 10 minutes playing guild wars 2 it Blue screened on me. I went into research mode and found a lot of people have problems with the H60 on chassis fan sockets and can cause multiple blue screens thus i have swapped it back to the CPU OPT which automatically runs at approx 4200RPM which is very high and does make the pump louder than i wanted, but at least it doesn't blue screen!

To finish off I woud just like to say how neat and tidy this m'board is, it just looks the business, I can recommend it to anyone who is thinking about a new Z77 build. Be aware that I am writing this as an AMD fan for 10 years and since having this new setup I will never go back to AMD unless they create something that blows Intel out of the water!

Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K CPU (4 x 3.40GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 6Mb L3 Cache, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)
Price: 162.90

5.0 out of 5 stars My view has been changed, 22 Jan 2013
Ever since my first build I have always gone with AMD due to cost, but still (supposedly) pretty close gaming performance. Prior to this Processor I was running an AMD Phenom 1100T BE overclocked @ 4.12GHz on an Asus Sabertooth 990FX motherboard. I felt that my FPS is certain games wasn't quite up to where it should have been and couldn't quite figure out where my bottleneck was.

My build prior to this was

AMD Phenom 1100T BE @ 4.12GHz
Asus Sabertooth 990FX
G-skill 16GB 1600MHz
V8 Aircooler
Asus GTX 560Ti SLI
Crucial M4 256GB SSD

Since the upgrade I now run

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz
Asus Sabertooth Z77
G-skill 16GB 1600MHz
Corsair H60
Asus GTX 560Ti SLI
Crucial M4 256GB SSD

The upgrade of my motherboard and processor has made a HUGE difference. Using guildwars 2 as an example, my FPS shot up from approximately 50fps average and occasional stuttering here and there whilst using the 1100T setup, has shot up to 65fps minimum to 219fps in open world, so clearly my motherboard and processor were restricting my whole build on gaming performance.

I did a lot of research in comparing the 100T and 3570K and intel came out on top, but i didn't quite expect it to walk all over my old processor to that extent.

I must also recommend pairing it up with the asus Sabertooth Z77 because to be honest its possibly the best board ive ever had, it compliments the processor so well and off various reviews and benchmarks its one of the best Z77 boards you can get.

I could rant and rave more about how amazing this processor is, how its sped everything up from boot times, to game installations, memory bandwidth increased but I'll just say...Brilliant!

Lg Nb3520A Sound Bar
Lg Nb3520A Sound Bar

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Soundbar!, 16 Jan 2013
This review is from: Lg Nb3520A Sound Bar (Electronics)
I purchased this on the 7th of January 2013 whilst browsing through the local curry's. I had a look at all of their soundbars, compared their wattage, theirinput types and sub woofer types and this one just jumped out at me. I had the guy there plug me a usb in to it and play me some music, which hapened to be the intro music from batman and iron man and it just sounded great, it filled the entire building with clear, crisp sound.

The reason i went for a sounbar over 5.1 surround sound is because it has gone into the bedroom which is only a small room and I have no space to put all of the speakers which come with 5.1 sets. The soundbar isn't the smallest piece of kit but it is smaller in width than my LG 50" plasma TV and it looks the business. One great thing is that the subwoofer is wireless which means you can put it anywhere in the same room without having any trailing cables, the subwoofer for me was already automatically linked to the soundbar making the setup that much easier. One of the great pull-ins for me about this soundbar is the bluetooth capabilities, no need to buy an adapter, its built in! I easily linked up my phone and samsung galaxy Note 10.1 tablet and it works brilliantly, automatically cutting the audio off from the devices and only feeding it through the sounbar and subwoofer.

The different modes aren't the greatest that i've seen, you can have normal, bass, voice, loudness and a few others. I had a play around with them and the normal tends to be fine with everything whether it be music or a film. There is also 3D mode and dolby digital mode too. I had worried about the volume/quality of this once i'd got it home but im beyond happy with it, it bounces round my room perfectly.

Inside the (oversized) box you get the subwoofer, the soundbar, one 1m optical cable, the remote with batteries and all the booklets etc. I actually really like the remote because it linked up to my TV automatically which means i can change the volume on both the tv and sounbar, alternate through the inputs, mute either/both, and change all the settings i want, i no longer need my regular tv remote which is one less thing cluttering up the place!

All in all, i can recommend this to anyone who doesn't want to spend crazy money on 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound (excluding the cheaper ones) as it it's very neat, does the job very well and the sound quality is great, fantastic product!

Lipsy DR06567 Shirt Women's Dress
Lipsy DR06567 Shirt Women's Dress

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas gift for the Mrs, 4 Jan 2013
I was browsing various different wenstes for a nice top/dress etc for my Fiance for christmas when i suddenly remembered she adored the lipsy brand name. I browsed the entirity of Amazon for something that I myself thought looked really nice but perhaps she herself wouldn't normally chose and this shirt dress is what I went for.

When she first opened it she looked shocked because it is very unlike anything I would normally buy her but after she tried it on she thought it was stunning.

It is an impressive dress, very classy and smart.

Would recommend to anyone thinking of wanting to try something new or for any guy buying for his other half as a gift!

Samsung Galaxy S 8GB Wi-Fi MP3 Player with 4.2 inch Display - White
Samsung Galaxy S 8GB Wi-Fi MP3 Player with 4.2 inch Display - White

5.0 out of 5 stars Got this for the Fiance for Christmas, 29 Dec 2012
The other half wanted an Ipod Touch for christmas but as I am not an Apple fan myself i decided I would try something a little bit different, and this is the product that crept up. As she currently already uses a HTC One X I knew she would be used to the android layout and structure and for half of the price of an Ipod this was going to do the job perfectly (she smashed her old Ipod Touch)

Please note that after un-boxing the device, the back is attached but the battery has not already been inserted, so do this first!

I have read a few people commenting on how difficult it can be getting used to transferring music onto this device and In my opinion they couldn't be more wrong, you don't need to use the samsung kies software at all, its easier to just do it manually. All you need to do is plug the device in, select Disk Mode on the screen of the Samsung MP3 player, it will then install the drivers onto your computer (I'm using windows 7 64-bit) within seconds. After that it will pop up in the middle of the screen. Select open folder and it opens it just like a memory stick would. Inside here you will find a Folder listed as "DCIM" open that folder. Drag and drop all of the songs you want onto the device into this DCIM folder and wait for the transfer to finish, it took 4 minutes and 30 seconds to transfer 653 songs onto my device. After that just simply unplug the MP3 player, let the device acknowledge the Micro SD card inside of it, and just select music and its all there, ready to be played.

One thing that I love about having this device over an Ipod is the fact that you don't have to setup an apple account, proceed to register the device with the apple account, download and install itunes and begin transferring. I personally know someone who doesn't have an internet connection at home so they got their Ipod and had to visit a friends house to get it all set up even though all of their music was already on their laptop, it just seems to create a tound about way of doing something as easy as a file transfer.

The screen seems brilliant in the Samsung MP3 player, and I can understand what people are saying about the back feeling plasticcy, it is, but it does come with 3 interchangeable plastic backs inside of the box, which of course my Fiance instantly wanted the one with hearts on it! I feel it adds a nice little touch of customisation that the Ipod doesn't out of the box.

You will find, if you have never owned a samsung or HTC phone/tablet before, that you will have to set up a Gmail account to activate the device, but it takes 2 minutes to do so and away you go. Wifi setup is just as easy as any other MP3 player on the market.

To sum up, this is pretty much just like one of the samsung galaxy phones in every way, except the phone part, but as compensation you get a more up to date version of the android operating system.

Would recommend this to anyone looking for a new MP3 player but doesnt want to be spending the Ipod 115-230 price tag.

As an added note there is a micro SD card in the back of the device which i would imagine can be upgraded at any point to a 32GB card, lovely little extra touch if you needed it!
Comment Comments (31) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 3, 2013 1:38 AM BST

Cinderella - Diamond Edition [Blu-ray] [1950] [Region Free]
Cinderella - Diamond Edition [Blu-ray] [1950] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Wilfred Jackson
Offered by Bargain Games UK
Price: 12.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Got this for my Fiance as a gift, 28 Dec 2012
The quality of this is utterly brilliant. They have done a fantastic job of re-mastering the image of Cinderella. It surprised me that they did an even better job on this than they did on Lady and the Tramp. I do have one gripe about this, and that is that they weren't able to take it from 4:3 to 16:9 resolution which means it does not fill the screen nor does it put it into letterbox view, it sort of leaves 6 inches spare either side of the image (on a 50" TV)

Please don;t let this take away from what a fantastic film this is and I would recommend this to any Disney fan who wants to re-watch an old classic in new and improved quality!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11