Profile for jomug > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Sunrise
The Sunrise

3.0 out of 5 stars Less good than her other novels., 14 Oct 2014
This review is from: The Sunrise (Kindle Edition)
This is a novel set in the era of the troubles in Famagusta in Cyprus in the 70s. It is similar to her other novels from that point of view. I found this less convincing though and the characters not very rounded. It holds the attention but is somehow a bit too pat and predictable.

Mountrose Toilet Seat
Mountrose Toilet Seat

2.0 out of 5 stars Incorrect dimensions given, 10 Oct 2014
Beware the stated dimensions. I needed an extra long seat for our loo so chose this as it said the depth is 48cm. It is not, it's only 40cm. That said, the return and refund were dealt with promptly.

Heritage Womens Sterling Silver and Amethyst Art Nouveau Necklace, 9203AM 18"
Heritage Womens Sterling Silver and Amethyst Art Nouveau Necklace, 9203AM 18"

5.0 out of 5 stars who absolutely loved it. Classy and good quality, 10 Oct 2014
Bought for my stepdaughter, who absolutely loved it. Classy and good quality.

Pack of 2 100% Cotton 1000 gsm Terry Towelling White Bath Mats - 55cm x 75cm
Pack of 2 100% Cotton 1000 gsm Terry Towelling White Bath Mats - 55cm x 75cm
Offered by 4Seasons Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, 30 Sep 2014
Excellent bath/shower mats. Mop it up and dry very quickly. Wash very well - very white.

Amello necklace ceramic wave black - size 20.1 inches - Woman necklaces - Stainless Steel necklace ESKX08S
Offered by Fit4Style silver jewellery

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice modern necklet, 20 July 2014
Lovely. Git it as a gift and the recipient loved it too. Quite nicely boxed too.

A Grief Observed (Faber Paperbacks)
A Grief Observed (Faber Paperbacks)

4.0 out of 5 stars A helpful read, 20 Jun 2014
i read this because Virginia Ironside alluded to it in her Book "You'll get over it". Having recently lost my father, I have been reading a few such books. This was brief and did not try to offer advice (which I appreciated). I also appreciated reading about some of his feelings - some a bit odd - that nevertheless chimed in with my own, making me understand a bit more about how grief affects us. I therefore found it a comfort to read.

Set of 6 Plain Round Raffia Table Mats 25cm 10"
Set of 6 Plain Round Raffia Table Mats 25cm 10"

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mats at reasonable price, 23 May 2014
I wanted raffia mats for better protection of the table without the hot plates sticking to them, as happens with other types. These are just the right size, clean easily and look smart.

The Unexpected Professor: An Oxford Life in Books
The Unexpected Professor: An Oxford Life in Books

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read for readers, 11 April 2014
I enjoyed both dimensions of this book: the autobiography itself of a man with an egalitarian spirit and the ongoing references to works of literature from which he quotes to exemplify his view of them. I feel as if I will want to go back to it simply to list all the books for which he has given me a taste.

Very Large Modern Flatweave Blue Rug in 160 x 230 cm (5'3" x 7'7") Carpet
Very Large Modern Flatweave Blue Rug in 160 x 230 cm (5'3" x 7'7") Carpet
Offered by Lord of Rugs

5.0 out of 5 stars Really lovely rug, 8 Nov 2013
I was delighted with this rug. I hadn't expected such good quality for the very reasonable price. It arrived promptly and is nice and heavy and the weave is very nice - not all fluffy. It sits well and is easy to clean because of the fabric. Looks nicer than the picture on the website.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely coaster, 4 Nov 2013
This was a silver wedding anniversary present. It was widely admired - unusual, classy and very heavy. The inner mat can be removed - very practical.

Page: 1 | 2