Profile for jomug > Reviews

Yabbyou Vintage Small Solid Oak Lamp/Side Table 31cm High
Yabbyou Vintage Small Solid Oak Lamp/Side Table 31cm High
Offered by Yabbyou

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous quality table and excellent service, 17 May 2016
I bought one of these last week and loved it - solid wood and beautifully made. It is all smooth and feels solid and lovely. A great size for just a book and a glass or mug. I loved it so much, I then ordered another. Delivery was ahead of time with both, and the seller contacted me with regular updates on delivery - excellent service!

Starhide Designer Soft Leather Fan Concertina Multi Credit Card Holder Palm Wallet Purse (PINK)
Offered by WALLETS KING

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to handle, 14 Sept. 2015
Having struggled at the checkout to pull cards from some card holders I have had, I looked specifically for one that might be easier. This fits the bill. It is really easy and holds all the cards I need without seeming overstuffed. It is just a little larger than some but that is not a problem for me. Nice soft leather and quick and easy to zip open.

Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery
Do No Harm: Stories of Life, Death and Brain Surgery

5.0 out of 5 stars A very human and humane book, 6 Aug. 2015
This book is a series of stories of neurosurgery undertaken by Henry Marsh crafted into a whole by his very human instincts and attitudes. He is astonishingly honest about his mistakes and equally compassionate about them. I would not have expected to find this such a good read but, having heard Henry interviewed on Radio 4, i was tempted. I was not disappointed. I am impatient with poor expression or grammar and this book has none of those faults. Thoroughly recommended.

Campagne Table Linen 4 Napkins, Sand
Campagne Table Linen 4 Napkins, Sand

2.0 out of 5 stars Creased looking, 9 April 2015
These napkins looked great when i received them - just what I wanted. However, they do not wash very well. However, I try it, they come up looking creased. I have tried steam ironing, ironing the while still wet but they do not look good any more.

The Next Step in the Dance
The Next Step in the Dance
by Tim Gautreaux

5.0 out of 5 stars Unusual and a "good read", 14 Feb. 2015
Arrived promptly and well packed. I had already bought this book at a bookshop, as it looked unusual. The publishers tend to re-issue books that did not get their rightful recognition the first time round. It was unusual but I loved it. I passed the first to a reader friend and then got his one for another friend, I liked it so much.

Betron B550s Noise Isolating in Ear Canal Headphones Earphones with Pure Sound and Powerful Bass for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung, Nokia, HTC , Mp3 Players etc (Black)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best earphones my husband has had, 13 Feb. 2015
I bought these for my husband who listens to the radio in bed. others have fallen to bits. These are neat, robust and my husband says the sound is very good. I am pleased to say that even so, I do not hear a thing from them!

Intimate Portal Women's All Over Lace Full Coverage Non-wired Leisure Bra
Intimate Portal Women's All Over Lace Full Coverage Non-wired Leisure Bra
Offered by Intimate Portal UK

5.0 out of 5 stars At last a comfortable bra my Mum can manage., 27 Jan. 2015
I bought one of these for my Mum who is temporarily in a nursing home due to a broken ankle and even less mobile than usual. She has arthritis in her arms and has always found bras difficult. She finds this much easier and also much more comfortable. It is very pretty and lots of the care staff have commented on how lovely it is. I have now bought another one!

Cast Iron Tagine Size: 22 cm H x 30 cm W x 30 cm D
Cast Iron Tagine Size: 22 cm H x 30 cm W x 30 cm D

5.0 out of 5 stars as there is a ridge around that base with which you can lift it easily. Perfect size for ordinary sized meals and the ..., 14 Jan. 2015
I chose this a couple of months ago as a present from my Mum to me for Christmas. Some people may wish to know that it does not have an escape hole at the top. I wondered about this when it arrived but it is not a problem - far from it. The science suggests that you cook in a tagine so that the steam circulates WITHOUT evaporating and the moisture stays in making food succulent. So why have a hole?! And although it does not have handles, it does not matter, as there is a ridge around that base with which you can lift it easily. Perfect size for ordinary sized meals and the base is nice and deep without it being huge. It is lovely quality and attractive. I love it.

Medium Delux, Classic Round Wicker Log Basket,. Hessian lined with lifting handles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, practical basket, 3 Dec. 2014
This basket arrived far quicker than the schedule, well packed. It is great - just the right size to hols plenty of logs but not take up lots of floor space. The lining is very helpful to avoid mess. The sides are straight, which is so practical for packing the logs in. Other baskets I've had have been tapered so less easy. It is very robust and attractive and I love it.

Village of Secrets: Defying the Nazis in Vichy France
Village of Secrets: Defying the Nazis in Vichy France

4.0 out of 5 stars An absorbing read, 18 Nov. 2014
This very detailed and thoroughly researched story of an area of France around Le Chambon sur Lignon during the Second World War is extremely interesting. To read what real individuals did and sacrificed is very moving, and reminds one of what it was like to live in both occupied and unoccupied France at that time. It is well written and objective - neither a dry history nor a page-turning novelette. The people do come alive though and the book follows their fates after the war...if indeed they were still alive by then.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2014 6:43 PM GMT

Page: 1 | 2 | 3