Profile for jomug > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Campagne Table Linen 4 Napkins, Sand
Campagne Table Linen 4 Napkins, Sand

2.0 out of 5 stars Creased looking, 9 April 2015
These napkins looked great when i received them - just what I wanted. However, they do not wash very well. However, I try it, they come up looking creased. I have tried steam ironing, ironing the while still wet but they do not look good any more.

The Next Step in the Dance
The Next Step in the Dance
by Tim Gautreaux

5.0 out of 5 stars Unusual and a "good read", 14 Feb. 2015
Arrived promptly and well packed. I had already bought this book at a bookshop, as it looked unusual. The publishers tend to re-issue books that did not get their rightful recognition the first time round. It was unusual but I loved it. I passed the first to a reader friend and then got his one for another friend, I liked it so much.

Betron B550s Noise Isolating in Ear Canal Headphones Earphones with Pure Sound and Powerful Bass for iPhone, iPad, iPod, Samsung, Nokia, HTC , Mp3 Players etc (Black)
Offered by Betron Limited ( VAT Registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best earphones my husband has had, 13 Feb. 2015
I bought these for my husband who listens to the radio in bed. others have fallen to bits. These are neat, robust and my husband says the sound is very good. I am pleased to say that even so, I do not hear a thing from them!

Intimate Portal Women's All Over Lace Full Coverage Non-wired Leisure Bra
Intimate Portal Women's All Over Lace Full Coverage Non-wired Leisure Bra
Offered by Intimate Portal UK

5.0 out of 5 stars At last a comfortable bra my Mum can manage., 27 Jan. 2015
I bought one of these for my Mum who is temporarily in a nursing home due to a broken ankle and even less mobile than usual. She has arthritis in her arms and has always found bras difficult. She finds this much easier and also much more comfortable. It is very pretty and lots of the care staff have commented on how lovely it is. I have now bought another one!

Cast Iron Tagine in Black Size: 22 cm H x 30 cm W x 30 cm D
Cast Iron Tagine in Black Size: 22 cm H x 30 cm W x 30 cm D
Offered by Wayfair

5.0 out of 5 stars as there is a ridge around that base with which you can lift it easily. Perfect size for ordinary sized meals and the ..., 14 Jan. 2015
I chose this a couple of months ago as a present from my Mum to me for Christmas. Some people may wish to know that it does not have an escape hole at the top. I wondered about this when it arrived but it is not a problem - far from it. The science suggests that you cook in a tagine so that the steam circulates WITHOUT evaporating and the moisture stays in making food succulent. So why have a hole?! And although it does not have handles, it does not matter, as there is a ridge around that base with which you can lift it easily. Perfect size for ordinary sized meals and the base is nice and deep without it being huge. It is lovely quality and attractive. I love it.

Medium Delux, Classic Round Wicker Log Basket,. Hessian lined with lifting handles.
Offered by MightyFine Websites Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Super, practical basket, 3 Dec. 2014
This basket arrived far quicker than the schedule, well packed. It is great - just the right size to hols plenty of logs but not take up lots of floor space. The lining is very helpful to avoid mess. The sides are straight, which is so practical for packing the logs in. Other baskets I've had have been tapered so less easy. It is very robust and attractive and I love it.

Village of Secrets: Defying the Nazis in Vichy France
Village of Secrets: Defying the Nazis in Vichy France

4.0 out of 5 stars An absorbing read, 18 Nov. 2014
This very detailed and thoroughly researched story of an area of France around Le Chambon sur Lignon during the Second World War is extremely interesting. To read what real individuals did and sacrificed is very moving, and reminds one of what it was like to live in both occupied and unoccupied France at that time. It is well written and objective - neither a dry history nor a page-turning novelette. The people do come alive though and the book follows their fates after the war...if indeed they were still alive by then.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 30, 2014 6:43 PM GMT

The Sunrise
The Sunrise

3.0 out of 5 stars Less good than her other novels., 14 Oct. 2014
This review is from: The Sunrise (Kindle Edition)
This is a novel set in the era of the troubles in Famagusta in Cyprus in the 70s. It is similar to her other novels from that point of view. I found this less convincing though and the characters not very rounded. It holds the attention but is somehow a bit too pat and predictable.

Mountrose Toilet Seat
Mountrose Toilet Seat

2.0 out of 5 stars Incorrect dimensions given, 10 Oct. 2014
Beware the stated dimensions. I needed an extra long seat for our loo so chose this as it said the depth is 48cm. It is not, it's only 40cm. That said, the return and refund were dealt with promptly.

Heritage Womens Sterling Silver and Amethyst Art Nouveau Necklace, 9203AM 18"
Heritage Womens Sterling Silver and Amethyst Art Nouveau Necklace, 9203AM 18"

5.0 out of 5 stars who absolutely loved it. Classy and good quality, 10 Oct. 2014
Bought for my stepdaughter, who absolutely loved it. Classy and good quality.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3