Profile for jomug > Reviews

Content by jomug

jomug

Page: 1 | 2
Amello necklace ceramic wave black - size 20.1 inches - Woman necklaces - Stainless Steel necklace ESKX08S
Offered by Fit4Style silver jewellery

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice modern necklet, 20 July 2014
Lovely. Git it as a gift and the recipient loved it too. Quite nicely boxed too.

A Grief Observed (Faber Paperbacks)
A Grief Observed (Faber Paperbacks)

4.0 out of 5 stars A helpful read, 20 Jun 2014
i read this because Virginia Ironside alluded to it in her Book "You'll get over it". Having recently lost my father, I have been reading a few such books. This was brief and did not try to offer advice (which I appreciated). I also appreciated reading about some of his feelings - some a bit odd - that nevertheless chimed in with my own, making me understand a bit more about how grief affects us. I therefore found it a comfort to read.

Set of 6 Plain Round Raffia Table Mats 25cm 10"
Set of 6 Plain Round Raffia Table Mats 25cm 10"

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent mats at reasonable price, 23 May 2014
I wanted raffia mats for better protection of the table without the hot plates sticking to them, as happens with other types. These are just the right size, clean easily and look smart.

The Unexpected Professor: An Oxford Life in Books
The Unexpected Professor: An Oxford Life in Books

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read for readers, 11 April 2014
I enjoyed both dimensions of this book: the autobiography itself of a man with an egalitarian spirit and the ongoing references to works of literature from which he quotes to exemplify his view of them. I feel as if I will want to go back to it simply to list all the books for which he has given me a taste.

Very Large Modern Flatweave Blue Rug in 160 x 230 cm (5'3" x 7'7") Carpet
Very Large Modern Flatweave Blue Rug in 160 x 230 cm (5'3" x 7'7") Carpet
Offered by Lord of Rugs

5.0 out of 5 stars Really lovely rug, 8 Nov 2013
I was delighted with this rug. I hadn't expected such good quality for the very reasonable price. It arrived promptly and is nice and heavy and the weave is very nice - not all fluffy. It sits well and is easy to clean because of the fabric. Looks nicer than the picture on the website.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely coaster, 4 Nov 2013
This was a silver wedding anniversary present. It was widely admired - unusual, classy and very heavy. The inner mat can be removed - very practical.

As Green as Grass: Growing Up Before, During & After the Second World War
As Green as Grass: Growing Up Before, During & After the Second World War

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but exasperating, 8 Sep 2013
I read this because I heard Emma Smith interviewed on radio 4 and I thought she sounded interesting. The account of living through the war was indeed interesting. However, the writing was a little flat and there were numerous spelling errors (particularly when quoting French) - I found this exasperating.

Klarstein B-50 Wine Cooler Fridge (16 bottles, 50 Litres & LCD Display) - Black / Glass

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service, 19 Jun 2013
This is a lovely attractive and practical wine cooler. Unfortunately I had not appreciated that it would not CHILL the wine to very cool so I returned it. The return was accepted courteously and helpfully and my money promptly refunded. As long as you don't want your wine refrigerated, it is a very good item.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely chair, 17 Feb 2013
I bought this chair for a new conservatory. It is lovely, solid and stylish. My Mum has arthritis and can only get comfortable in certain chairs - she loves this one.

8x6" Rustic Wood Effect Photo Frame With Mount & Glass Window (Width 3cm)
8x6" Rustic Wood Effect Photo Frame With Mount & Glass Window (Width 3cm)
Offered by Photo Frames & Art 2 u

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, tasteful frame, 13 Feb 2013
I was delighted with this frame. It is "rustic" but does not look cheap (but IS a very reasonable price). It all fits very well and the inner mount for the photos is perfect. I ordered three but am now going to order some more!

Page: 1 | 2