Profile for Ian > Reviews

Bowers & Wilkins P7 Over Ear Headphones
Bowers & Wilkins P7 Over Ear Headphones
Price: 329.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Best closed cup over the ears I have used, 31 Jan 2014
My day-to-day headphones are 900 custom IEMs from Heir Audio, the 8.A. I usually play these through an HRT microstreamer offboard DAC / headphone amp. I was looking for something with a relatively affordable price that I could use over the ear at home (sub 500, said price being relative to my 8.As as no doubt some would consider 329 anything but affordable) . I wanted something easy to get on and off my head - inserting and removing custom IEMs is not a 1 second operation. Anyway, needless to say, these P7s had some serious audiophile competition to live up to.

I'd listened to both the P3 and P5s. and frankly, they both suck. I was not impressed. I went to audition the P7s with my DAC and my Heir 8.As in hand and a whole bunch of FLACs. I was simply amazed by the clarity. The treble and mids are perfectly clear with no hint of harshness and the bass is tight and powerful. Overall presence and punch lacks a little by comparison to my 8.As but not a huge amount and I was alternating between the two to compare the sound on each track I played. Given the nature of my custom IEMs, I'd be very disappointed if they were not superior to the P7s. But, do the P7s lack 600 of quality? Hell no. These cans, despite costing north of 300, still punch way above their price range and are astounding for a closed cup design. And now having purchased them and listened to them for longer, my impression is only reinforced. Their sound is neutral and requires no EQ adjustment, the mark of a good pair of cans as far as I am concerned.

As an added bonus, they are so luxurious that wearing them feels positively decadent. Swathes of leather and stylish design coupled with hours-long comfort. You won't be disappointed if you opt for these.

Antiquax 200 ml Leather Cream, Transparent
Antiquax 200 ml Leather Cream, Transparent
Price: 6.28

1.0 out of 5 stars Old product?, 2 Jun 2013
The product I received did not look like the one in the photo or like the one I purchased in the retail store. Perhaps it is old stock? The cream itself looks different and smells strongly of solvent, unlike the product I purchased in retail. The consistency is more liquid and the colour is yellow. The bottle is shaped differently too

Moshi iVisor AG Screen Protector Protection for Samsung S3 S III i9300 Anti Glare, Blue
Price: 14.30

4.0 out of 5 stars Far and away the best Galaxy S3 matte anti-glare protector, 28 Nov 2012
I tried a lot of Galaxy S3 protectors. This one is head and shoulders above the rest. Extremely simple to fit, it is a precise match to the screen size. Unlike other reviewers, I have not had any issues with scratching. It will reduce contrast, yes, but it is a matte anti-glare screen. They all have this effect. I'm willing to live with it for the reduction in glare and the elimination of finger prints. The only reason it doesn't get 5 stars is the price, although given the manufacturing quality and the (obviously) more expensive materials, a price premium is justified, just perhaps not quite so much of a premium.

If you're looking for a matte, anti-glare screen, then look no further. You won't do better than this one.