Profile for Mr. R. E. Mason > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. E. Mason

Mr. R. E. Mason (Brighton, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Michael McIntyre - Live & Laughing [DVD]
Michael McIntyre - Live & Laughing [DVD]
Dvd ~ Michael Mcintyre

5.0 out of 5 stars but have no reason to think it won't be perfect!: -), 17 Nov 2014
A1. (not tested the item yet since it's to be a present, but have no reason to think it won't be perfect ! :-)

Michael Mcintyre: The Complete Laughter Box [DVD] [2013]
Michael Mcintyre: The Complete Laughter Box [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Michael Micintyre

5.0 out of 5 stars but have no reason to think they won't be perfect!: -), 17 Nov 2014
A1. (not tested the items yet since they're to be a present, but have no reason to think they won't be perfect ! :-)

Spanish: Stage 1 (Collins Easy Learning Audio Course)
Spanish: Stage 1 (Collins Easy Learning Audio Course)
by Carmen García delRío
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money, 5 Oct 2014
An excellent introduction, especially in gaining confidence regarding How one's speech should *sound*. For me personally, I prefer to add to this course by studying a more formal 'grammar' book too. However, this audio course is absolutely excellent value for money, and worthwhile getting as a beginner.

Songmics Cosmetic Mirror Foldable Extendable Makeup Mirror Double-side Normal + 5x Magnification, 20 cm Diameter Brass Frame BBM513
Offered by Songmics

5.0 out of 5 stars All's well...; ++value, 28 Feb 2014
The first one we received had slight problems. Without hesitation, this was completely replaced by Sonmics; and was delivered with exceptional notification and time accuracy by PDP. The mirror is 'generously made' and classy; and excellent value for money.

Halcyon
Halcyon

4.0 out of 5 stars ...almost !, 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: Halcyon (Audio CD)
somehow preferred it when I heard it in the pub, and was sufficiently caught by what I refer to as '...makes you want to get up and dance' - to buy the CD [which is rare for me nowadays]. Adjusting the amplifier's bass etc. helps though !

Grace and Forgiveness
Grace and Forgiveness
by John Arnott

4.0 out of 5 stars 7/10, 'as expected', 30 Aug 2013
This review is from: Grace and Forgiveness (Paperback)
I'd give this 7 out of 10, and it was as expected in its content, style and delivery. It's good enough not to ignore, but not so fantastic that you'd be mortified if you hadn't read it. Some aspects of religiousness and some aspects of philosophy; can be thought provoking..

A Steroid Hit The Earth: A Celebration of Misprints, Typos and other Howlers
A Steroid Hit The Earth: A Celebration of Misprints, Typos and other Howlers
by Martin Toseland

5.0 out of 5 stars very funny, 9 Jan 2013
quite often with this sort of collection of amusing quotes/anecdotes, I find my 'laughter button' becoming more insensitive as I read on through bits here and there [thence eventually from start to finish]. But with this, I had no such diminution; - 90% of it made me giggle or laugh, and some of it was hilarious. Dispatch and delivery were both superb too.

Strictly Come Dancing - The Show Stoppers [DVD]
Strictly Come Dancing - The Show Stoppers [DVD]
Dvd ~ Len Goodman

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun, and Makes me want to dance, 27 Dec 2012
Whereas to truly rate something as five stars, for me, a DVD would virtually have to contain all the dances which scored 37 points or more, from all the series. However, given a little tolerance for 'imperfections' in this DVD's make up, I would still rate it at 5 stars. I found it fun; and many of the performances captured exactly what the dance about; the whole show made me not only Want to dance, but made me wish I'd started to learn 50 years ago !

(Speaking personally, I did not especially like what is commonly termed 'the fun' this DVD poked at Anne Widdicombe/Russell Grant and John Sergeant, but I do commend them for their effort to 'have a go' [and I would genuinely say to any lay person like myself - "no matter how many left feet you think you've got, Have a Go - it's quite possible you will discover great enjoyment].

I would have no hesitation in buying this DVD for someone as a present, and both my partner and I will watch this many times.

Acctim Stratus radio controlled wall clock with large LCD display showing tim...
Offered by The Friendly Lifestyle Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Does it..., 9 Oct 2012
'it' being 'tell the time clearly'. It must be satisfactory, because owing to a workman's clumsiness my previous one got smashed, and so I ordered exactly the same one again.

Wilt: (Wilt Series 1)
Wilt: (Wilt Series 1)
by Tom Sharpe

4.0 out of 5 stars 'Hilarious' prediction faltered, 28 Oct 2011
This review is from: Wilt: (Wilt Series 1) (Paperback)
This book was recommended to me as likely to be the most hilarious book I'll ever read ! And That was my problem...if no one had said anything before hand, I might have found it so; but as it was, I'm not sure that I can say that. It was nevertheless a lovely story, with a nice ending; and, ..imaginative. Also, it had insights into what I might call a 'truer reality perspective of life'. Altogether, I'm glad I read it.

Page: 1 | 2