Profile for Kindle Customer > Reviews

Content by Kindle Customer

Kindle Customer (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Neewer® 1200W(400W x 3) Professional Photography Studio Strobe Flash Light Monolight Lighting Kit for Portrait Photography, Studio and Video Shoots (MT-400AM)
Offered by standbyonglobal

3.0 out of 5 stars Good lights, a shame about the trigger and lack of instructions, 7 April 2016
I have owned these for a few months now as I like to really test things (and give them enough chance to break if they are likely to!) before I recommend them to others.
So would I recommend these? To beginners or amateurs looking for their first set of lights I would. In my little home studio 1 of these with a softbox set on the lowest setting (as you can adjust the brightness of the lights) provides more than ample light for my photographs. I was sceptical before ordering with these being cheap in comparison to others, but for the price I really can't fault the lights, they do the job I want them to!
HOWEVER, they don't come with instructions to be prepared for some trial and error if you're like me and they're your first lights. But once you get the hang of it they're pretty quick and simple to set up and pack away, and they have a decent enough bag to pack them away into.
Also, be prepared to replace the trigger. The part to fit the camera was very tight to begin with on my Nikon D3300 and took a lot of loosening to get to fit. Also within 3 uses the adapter between the trigger and light itself was temperamental (caused a lot I feel by the fact that you put the trigger in and it just dangles down with nowhere to put it!) I've now invested in a new trigger and some velcro pads to attach it to the plastic at the top on the back of the light so hopefully the problem won't repeat itself. Hence 3 stars as I don't usually buy things expecting to have to replace parts so quickly! However, for the money I'd still buy them again just be prepared to buy a better quality trigger.

Letter To My Daughter
Letter To My Daughter

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 2 Jan. 2015
There were some parts of the book that I thought were quite inspiring hence the 2 stars rather than one. I wouldn't however recommend this book.

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 2 Jan. 2015
A real page turner. So many twists and turns and so many different adventures that it really is difficult to see what is coming next. I would definitely recommend this book!

The Woman who Went to Bed for a Year
The Woman who Went to Bed for a Year
by Sue Townsend

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, couldn't put it down., 14 April 2013
A great, easy read. Really funny with lots of laugh out loud points throughout. I couldn't put it down. Would definitely recommend this book to other people and, having not read any of Sue Townsend's works before, it will definitely make me read some of her other books.

Disney's Karaoke Series: Duets
Disney's Karaoke Series: Duets
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice CD, 1 Aug. 2010
Nice CD. With the full version and karaoke version of each song on the CD.

Disney's Karaoke: Disney's G.H
Disney's Karaoke: Disney's G.H

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice CD, 1 Aug. 2010
Nice CD. Nice songs with the full version and karaoke version of each song on the CD.

Disney's Karaoke: Disney Princess CD+G
Disney's Karaoke: Disney Princess CD+G
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice CD, 1 Aug. 2010
I like this CD. Nice songs, with both the full version and the karaoke version contained on the CD.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 10, 2012 10:10 PM GMT

Disney Karaoke Series: Vol. 1-Karaoke
Disney Karaoke Series: Vol. 1-Karaoke
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice CD, 1 Aug. 2010
I like this CD, contains some nice Disney songs, both the full version and karaoke version of each book are on the CD.

Contract Law
Contract Law
by Mary Charman

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, 1 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Contract Law (Paperback)
This book is great, it explains everything really well and clearly so that even without any prior knowledge of contract law it is understandable. Used for A level law and also alongside more in-depth textbooks for an undergraduate law degree and I referred to this book the whole way through. Some other textbooks can make principles seem a lot more complicated than they need to be but this one clarifies things well. It turned into a bit of a contract law bible!

A Level Study Guide: Law
A Level Study Guide: Law
by Mary Charman

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 1 Aug. 2010
To be honest, I don't see the point in GCSE and A level revision/study guides, as they never really provide any detail, they're just the very basics...enough to get you a pass but you'd struggle to get a decent grade from these alone. Everything covered in this book would be in your textbook or notes in much more detail anyway so a bit of a waste of money. If you really must buy one though this one is an OK book, it covers all the basics.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3