Profile for Loell > Reviews

Content by Loell

Loell

Metaphysical Bible Dictionary (with linked TOC)
Metaphysical Bible Dictionary (with linked TOC)

5.0 out of 5 stars What you would expect, 25 Feb 2014
Offers a deep emotional understanding of key names, words, and spiritual virtues. I cannot believe I was reading my Bible without this. It is a must have not only for biblical study, but to grow as a person in a spiritual sense.

In Car Holder Mount for Latest LG Nexus 4 E960 / Nokia Lumia 920 / 820 / 800 / Blackberry Z10 / Bold 9900 / Curve 9300 / 8520 / HTC One X / One SV / One S / One V / Windows 8X / 8S / Desire S X HD Z
Offered by AVOCADO DEALS

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits my Nexus 5, 25 Feb 2014
Fits my Nexus 5 securely and is really easy to set up and take down. This is not flimsy at all and it is light and not bulky. Doesn't stick to my dashboard, only the windscreen, but that's fine. No complaints! Worth it.

Lost Books of the Bible and The Forgotten Books of Eden
Lost Books of the Bible and The Forgotten Books of Eden
by Thimann I.C.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like what I am reading so far, 25 Feb 2014
I have the Scofield Study Bible KJV and this aids my understanding of key stories. Right now I'm reading the books of Adam and Eve and they really help me to visualise the emotions that must have been prevalent after the expulsion from Eden. I would recommend this to open minded people that seek a greater metaphysical understanding of the words of the Bible.

The Scofield® Study Bible III, KJV
The Scofield® Study Bible III, KJV
by C I Scofield
Edition: Leather Bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Surpassed all expectations!, 25 Feb 2014
This bible is lovely and big. The cover looks and feels great, plus it keeps the pages flat. There is gold trimming on the edges of the pages and a long yellow ribbon attached to the bible to use as a bookmark.

My primary concerns when buying this bible blindly were the quality of the references, how easy the bible would be to understand in the KJV (which can be a challenge normally, when you consider non-study bibles) and the size (I didn't want a Bible that was pocket sized with tiny font and this sure isn't!). The references are very relevant and they help you to understand the circular nature of the Bible. It refers back to itself (both in locations before and after where you are reading), so understanding is built up quickly if you read the references. The version itself is pretty easy to follow because unfamiliar/old words are explained in the sidelines. Also when something happens, e.g. when a prophecy is fulfilled, there are references to take you back to the prophecy. So luckily, you don't have to depend on your memory with this Bible.

I am thrilled with this Bible. I don't see myself needing another after this purchase. The words of the Son are in red, and each book has an introduction with theme headings and the main events to be discussed. It helps to know what you are going to read before you delve into a new book. Complete with maps, research, historical and scientific evidence to back up scripture, as well as what critics say about some passages, I find myself not depending on much else to aid my understanding. I never have to Google things and dig for research because it is all here.

I cannot fault this Bible. I don't see what the more expensive versions could have that this doesn't.