Profile for Nadia Phoenix > Reviews

Content by Nadia Phoenix

Nadia Phoenix "Nadia Phoenix" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and Assassin's Creed Revelations Double Pack (Xbox 360)
Price: 13.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved loved loved both of these!, 13 May 2014
The perfect 2 games to follow on from AC2. It was fun to play through Ezio's life. I would personally rate Brotherhood as the best game out of all of the ones in the AC series so far.

The graphics were incredible and the worlds were big enough to get lost in for weeks. I thought they would be much shorter than the main games in the series, but they weren't far off the same length.

AC3 hugely disappointed in comparrison.

Ace PIRATE Murder Mystery Game : A Case of Treasure and Treachery (8-10) A4+ box
Offered by The Mystery Shop
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars ACE have done it again - excellent game!, 13 May 2014
This is the second Murder Mystery I have bought from ACE and I have to say it didn't disappoint. Compared to others this is so colourful and clear and the animations are excellent.

Everyone turned up in incredible costumes to our event which made it even better. The dinner suggestion was helpful and we stuck to a Caribbean theme. We decided to serve the food before starting the game to make it less distracting, plus the game can be tricky to follow at times (particularly when people try to put on accents for their roles) so we got it out of the way and ploughed through.

The only thing we weren't sure of is the first track on the CD (to be played at selected intervals). It went on for ages when we were desperate to get going, but the rest of the tracks were short and helpful in comparison.

The story throughout the game was great and we enjoyed the various twists. None of us guessed the murderer!

I would strongly recommend the game and any others in the ACE series.

Point Pleasant: The Complete Series [DVD] [2005]
Point Pleasant: The Complete Series [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Elisabeth Harnois
Price: 19.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Such a shame they cancelled it!, 28 Jan 2014
I was really getting into this series when it was suddenly and abruptly cancelled. I had to buy the DVD box set to view the last few episodes which are quite rushed.

Still worth watching despite this!

Dragon Age: Origins (PC)
Dragon Age: Origins (PC)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 4.98

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing open world game, but the fighting is a bit weird!!!, 28 Jan 2014
Really, really enjoyed this game. I'm a huge fan of open world games anyway and this didn't disappoint.

You can develop your relationship with your followers - even to the point where you can enjoy some intimacy with both sexes.

My only critisism is that the fighting is strange... It's almost like the moment you begin to fight, the character starts doing the rest on its own accord. I found that very frustrating as I like to fight my own way!

However, if you can get past that (which I did) you'll not be disappointed. A huge, beautiful world ready to be explored!

Grunwerg Salt & Pepper Mill, Stainless Steel
Grunwerg Salt & Pepper Mill, Stainless Steel
Offered by Emporium Cookshop & Homewares
Price: 10.50

3.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, but it broke after a short time, 28 Jan 2014
We loved the idea of having a 2 in one salt & pepper mill, especially as this one looks so modern and take sup such little space.

However, it didn't last more than a few weeks before it stopped grinding properly and got stuck.

Lost: Season 1-6 [DVD]
Lost: Season 1-6 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Evangeline Lily
Price: 44.00

5.0 out of 5 stars It helps if you are well read!!, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Lost: Season 1-6 [DVD] (DVD)
A lot of people didn't understand Lost and gave up on it... But that's because most of them missed the beauty hidden within each story!!

If you are well read, you will soon start to discover that Lost incorporates a lot of literary works in its storylines, like Alice in Wonderland, Wizard of Oz, Chronicles of Narnia, etc. The characters names are even head nods to famous philosophers (John Locke), writers (CS Lewis) and clues to their roles within the show (Christian Shephard). There is also a lot of Biblical and Egyptian Mythology. To be honest, my knowledge is weak on the latter, so I often joined forums where I could read other viewers' opinions on which stories in mythology were being represented within an episode.

I personally found Lost to be a masterpiece. The second time watching it all the way through was even more satisfying as I picked up on so many things I missed the first time round, such as the fact that every book being read by characters in the episodes are clues to what is going on, not just props.

Admittedly, like many people I found the last ever episode confusing, but once I entered some forums, read what was going on and then rewatched it I was blown away and openly cried :)

I hope you get the same experinece from the show as I did.

3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug to 3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug 1.2M
3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug to 3.5mm Stereo Jack Plug 1.2M
Offered by zestyle2013
Price: 0.66

4.0 out of 5 stars No problems, 28 Jan 2014
The wire is very long and sometimes gets in my way (I use it to connect my iPod to my car stereo) but I don't have problems with sound and find it to be greta value.

Fallout 3: Game Add-On Pack - Broken Steel and Point Lookout (Xbox 360)
Fallout 3: Game Add-On Pack - Broken Steel and Point Lookout (Xbox 360)

5.0 out of 5 stars You won't be seen for weeks..., 28 Jan 2014
Having not played the previous 2 Fallout games, I didn't know what to expect with this one. At first I found it really difficult - like I was a little girl in a big, scary world... but once I began strengthening my character through building on her abilities, I discovered just how brilliant, addictive and exciting this game was!

You could spend hundreds of hours completing every single side mission and exploring this enormous world. I'm a huge fan of open-world games and this didn't disappoint.

The Add On pack was harddddd. You need to be a high level before you play those quests. I think my character was on a high level when I started but I still found it difficult, yet still very enjoyable.

If you enjoyed this then follow it up with New Vegas to continue on your adventures!

Rhythm Of Love (Album Version)
Rhythm Of Love (Album Version)
Price: 0.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Hair Ballad!, 28 Jan 2014
Want a song to sing from the rooftops?

Want to feel 80s hair metal corsing through your veins?

Look no further... and enjoy.

Dishonored (Xbox 360)
Dishonored (Xbox 360)
Price: 15.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly addictive, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Dishonored (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I bought this game on a recommendation and put off playing it for a while thinking I wouldn't be into it. But I was wrong.

The open world element really gives you a chance to explore the world and experiment with your powers.

I LOVED the fact that you can temporarily morph into animals... I found some very inventive ways to sneaking into carefully guarded buildings using this method.

Despite the fact that I'm clearly rubbish at sneaking as my wanted level was constantly on high meaning there were extra 'baddies' about, I thoroughly enjoyed jumping about on roofs, scaling walls, scurrying through drain pipes and swimming in canals to achieve my mission objectives.

This dark and freaky world had me reluctant to put my controller down for days. I may have even felt depressed when I completed the final mission!

Highly recommend. Hope they make another one!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3