Profile for Vickyvee > Reviews

Content by Vickyvee

Vickyvee "vicky vee" (Manchester, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16
Out of Time (Nine Minutes Book 2)
Out of Time (Nine Minutes Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 superb stars, 29 July 2015
Waw! Ive spent the last 7 months trying to get over the first book. So I was all over this sequel as soon as it came out...Yep. Ive got it bad

So, did I get the answers I wanted? How the hell did Grizz end up being the way he is? [That is the baddest, scariest, sexiest guy ever] Why did he take Ginny all those years ago? How did/does he get away with all the crazy stuff he's done? Is it true about Grunt? What's his role in it all? And finally, of course.... is Grizz dead or alive?????

Well all those questions are answered. In fact, questions I never thought to ask are also answered, filling in all those obvious and not-so-obvious gaps in book one, proving what a great writer Beth is! However, it's not a surprise given there will be a book 3 that there are yet more things left 'hanging' now, and whilst some readers seem to be a little miffed at this, I couldnt be more excited by the prospect of more in this thrilling series.....

I'm not saying anything about the revelations in this book, it's just too good to spoil, and rather complicated to explain. I will say that, whilst some reviews ive read do point out how far-fetched some of it is, with huge-too-over-the-top-coincidences, I didnt feel this at all. I am bias though. I love Grizz that much that Beth could have explained it all as an alien abduction, or better yet, Grizz being an alien, and I honesty would not give a rats ass!

The writing was superb IMO, even with a noticeable change in POVs, sometimes within the same paragraph. Something which would normally annoy me, but, like Ive said. Beth can do no wrong as far as Im concerned.
The only bad thing about this book is that it was so bloody good that I read it much too fast and now I have to wait that bit longer for book 3

But, the good news.......there's going to be more on Grizz and Ginny.....and another surprise character too.....hmmmmm

......Oh, five stars by-the-way!

Finding Master Right (Masters Unleashed)
Finding Master Right (Masters Unleashed)

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 hot stars, 25 July 2015
4 stars....this was a pretty damn good read! The writing was great and the story was believable. This is probably one of the best bdsm novels that Ive read, most of which have too many eye-rolling moments (dont get me wrong, sometimes I love them) with the hero being some super-i-can-read-your-mind-and-body-language type-Dom. Banner (what a cool name!) wasnt like that, but he was still super sexy and very dominant!

Kate was also a great heroine, new to the whole bdsm scene so she was just getting to learn what she wants. She was bratty, but not in an annoying way at all. I could almost feel her struggle with letting go and giving up control versus her independent personality. Only done person can temper all that - Banner of course. But it took them awhile to finally get there, with lots of 'I dont want to be a mindless slave' to 'Im no good for you' to 'why did you give me away'.....yes, it was very frustrating at one one when neither of the two would admit are accept their feelings for each other. But eventually, they do.

Hot, sexy, sweet and sometimes funny too. A great book!

King
King

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 stars, 15 July 2015
This review is from: King (Kindle Edition)
Hmmmmmmm How to start this review.......this is definitely a book that is worthy of more than 4 stars, that's for sure. I put this on my TBR shelf after reading and 'feeling' all the hype over it from friends and friends-of-friends, plus this blurb did leave me intrigued. So was it good? Abso-freaking-lutely!

King, even for a young man, was a scary guy and the author did a great job of making me believe his 'power' in the dark underworld of drugs. Yet the story wasnt overly dark, at least not all the time. Sure there are moments that highlight King's reputation as a bad guy and the fact that is lives a very dangerous life, but they were balanced out with moments (albeit brief ones) that showed his caring side. This was helped by the fact it was written from dual POVs.

Doe. Aaahh Doe. She finds herself in a dire situation that forces her to make some horrible decisions, but again the writing was such that instead of feeling uncomfortable with her choices, I was almost rooting for her to be 'taken in' by King, or even Bear!

Bear, VP to an MC club, is definitely someone I want to know more about. That's a whole series in itself i imagine! The secondary characters were great.......Preppy......sigh......I wont say anymore about him....

This story was a rollercoaster of emotions......sad.....happy.....humour......horror......angst.....anger.....with some more sadness at the end and finished with some anticipation of the next book. Yes, its a cliffhanger, but Im not sorry that I read this one now.

Great writing....I'll be checking out other books by this author very soon!
4.5 stars....losing a half star because I was a little annoyed at some of the choices both MCs made...particularly King being a giant ass.

The Story of Son: A Dark Vampire Romance
The Story of Son: A Dark Vampire Romance

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 stars, 9 July 2015
4-4.5 stars

This was a great story! One that really pulled at my heart-strings and I was desperate for Claire and 'Son' to get their HEA. I just love the way Ms Ward writes.....shorts stories can often be hit or miss, but in this the story progressed in a believable way and I really liked both characters. Son or Michael......sigh. Just perfect!

Not a full 5 stars simply because I wanted more!

The Shadows: Number 13 in series (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series)
The Shadows: Number 13 in series (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series)

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 stars, 7 July 2015
3.5 stars

I was pretty well prepared for this one I think, having read several reviews beforehand, so i kinda guessed what was going to happen before I even started reading. I can only imagine how I would have felt if I had read this as soon as it was released and had no idea what was going to come of Trez and Selena.

Sigh. It's still very sad and I cant help but hope there is more to come for Trez and indeed iAm.

On the whole, it was a decent read. Not my favorite of the series, but still a good set up for future books. What the hell is going on with Rhage? And I desperately need Xcor and Layla's story!

Theirs To Take
Theirs To Take

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 stars, 15 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Theirs To Take (Kindle Edition)
3.5 stars

Again, not too shabby. Ive said that alot in recent reviews, which is not a bad thing. It was a good, quick read with a dark undertone to it, being a slave-capture kinda story but I would still class this as on the 'lighter'side of dark romances.

Plenty of hotness.....it certainly got my blood pumping. The ending was too rushed though, with a big jump in time and a sudden HEA, left it feeling alittle cheesy and far fetched.

A high 3 star rating from me

The Other Man
The Other Man

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 stars, 1 Jun. 2015
This review is from: The Other Man (Kindle Edition)
4.5 stars! I was onto this like white on rice when this finally finally came out. I was desperate for it after finishing the 'Wild side' series.....desperate to get more of Heath and see how his story with Lourdes would play out.

And I wasnt disappointed. Heath was every bit as scary and sexy as he'd been portrayed and Lourdes was a great heroine. The sex was off the charts, as expected. The only thing that prevented the full 5 stars was the rushed ending. It would have been nice to see exactly how things went down from Heath's POV towards the end, but still. A great story and I cant wait for Turner's book!

Silver Bastard (Silver Valley Book 1)
Silver Bastard (Silver Valley Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Four "You are my old-lady" stars, 28 May 2015
Another great book by this author. She sure does now how to write a sexy, brooding and very scary hero! This is every bit as gritty as the Reaper's books, which I love! The heroine - Becca - was great for the most part and there were some good 'Girl power' moments. However she did make some seriously bad decisions....like crazy decisions that had me shaking my head.

Still, a great read!

Hate F*@k:part one: romantic suspense serial (The Horus Group Book 1)
Hate F*@k:part one: romantic suspense serial (The Horus Group Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 stars, 30 April 2015
3.5 stars

Not too shabby. I nice quick read, with plenty of chemistry between the two MCs. Although I have to say that Cole's 'hot and cold' attitude towards Hayley was a little to much, I couldnt keep up. That said, the ending has me very curious.......

Deep: (Stage Dive series 4)
Deep: (Stage Dive series 4)

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 stars, 18 April 2015
3 stars - this was an okay read. It wasnt as good as any of the others in the series (IMO) which was a bit of a disappointment - after the build up to the mystery that is Ben in the first three books. For me, there just wasnt any chemistry between the two MCs. Especially for the first 60% of the story were the two tried to play the 'let's be friends' game after everyone finds out that they spent a night together and as a result Lizzy ends up pregnant.
They spent far too much time pussy-footing around each other, with Ben trying to show that he cares (via text messages asking if she is ok) and Lizzy trying to hide her feelings from him. Eventually though they do get there arses in gear and try to make a go of it.
Sigh. I really wanted to love this one, but it just fell flat.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-16