Profile for S. Holmes > Reviews

Content by S. Holmes

S. Holmes (Wales)

The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative for a Happier, Healthier Baby or Toddler
by Christine Gross-Loh
Price: 7.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good idea, more difficult to follow though, 29 July 2013
We started out from day one using the advice from this book. 9 months in we've had very few soiled nappies, although he's going through a stage of not using the potty now. Will read Again and get some revision.

Safari Friends Harry Baby Plush Rattle Comfort Blanket
Safari Friends Harry Baby Plush Rattle Comfort Blanket

5.0 out of 5 stars So good we bought two, 29 July 2013
This was the first toy our new son attached himself to. Kind of like a security balanket. Bought another to put away in case of emergencies.

Danny Rampling Love Groove Par
Danny Rampling Love Groove Par
Offered by marxwax
Price: 13.73

2.0 out of 5 stars Was looking for something to remind me of the heady day's of house in the 90's., 29 July 2013
Again this was not it,

But I remember someone having this CD in a house we used to visit before going out. They never listened to CD 2, in fact they just threw it out as no one was interested in taking it off them.

Defected Presents Def Mix Classics
Defected Presents Def Mix Classics
Offered by Mo's Music & Media
Price: 6.99

This was not it.

Don't think listenening to house mixes is really worth it. Used to stick a few on before leaving home, but being in the Club can never be replicated.

Honest to God - 50th anniversary edition
Honest to God - 50th anniversary edition
by John Robinson
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fed up of the old invisible man on a white cloud arguement from athiests., 27 July 2013
I'm not religious, certainly not a Christian, but I'm always dumbfounded by the language atheists use to ridicule Christian beliefs, as above, especially on Cif as it happens.

This is a very thought provoking and interesting book. Didn't bring me ant closer to being spiritual, but it did reinforce my belief that religion has lost it's way in spreading the message.

Atheists arguments based on men on clouds etc, now sound dumber than ever.

Football Manager 2013 (PC DVD)
Football Manager 2013 (PC DVD)
Offered by Gameline GmbH.
Price: 4.20

2.0 out of 5 stars Going in the wrong direction., 27 July 2013
Left it almost a year before buying, had been half heartedly playing with FM12, but started getting a little bored with it.

Gave up on it after a couple of months.

For me the main problems with FM13 is the wholesale changes to the look of it. If you have been playing this game for years it's a real pain to go searching for items that have become second nature over the years. Very frustrating. The match play is terrible. Little things like the player fitness bars that used to be a help are gone, or I just can't find them yet.......there's a lot more needless stats items put into the game. Which seem to have replaced important items that are more directly relevant to the game. The new training Facility is woeful, doesn't give you any real feel of control. When players are injured now they disappear and you have no real input to get them back to fitness.

It's a bit of a mess to be honest, I've been playing it for about 2 weeks now, and already getting a Little frustrated and bored. It is quite obvious to me now that the game has lost it's intuitive, compulsive and even addictiveness of the older versions which gave the feeling of a genuine sim steeped in football culture. Now it just feels like an over elaborate and rigid platform game. Ticking the right boxes to progress to the next level with no room for invention. And the realism has been lost. Just been playing Port Talbot Town AFC who are linked to Swansea City. Laudrup after a good first season loses 5 games in a row and then is sacked by the board (As if!) and is replaced by Harry Redknapp! (Come on?). And there's load of this uninformed appreciation of the real game. I always start in the Welsh premier league, as that's the league I've watched most of. And some teams have been given the flair of Barcelona, I don't want to see my LOW players doing tricks and overhead kicks, I would like some realism. It just doesn't wash. SI seem to have turned their back on grass roots level football. OK if you think football is all about the Premier League, Champions League, agents and the media.

Worst thing you could say for FM13, this version of the mighty game is easy to put Down.

I will be waiting to see what the reviews for FM14 are like before I part with my money again.

Hornby Airfix A12050 Scale Hawker Siddeley BAe Nimrod MR-2P 1:72 Military Aircraft Limited Edition Classic Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable journey down memory lane., 28 Dec 2011
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:5.0 out of 5 stars
Used to make a lot of airfix models when I was a kid. Bought this to see if it was still as enjoyable hobby to do as i remembered it. Was not disappointed.

Coleman Crestline Two Man Tent
Coleman Crestline Two Man Tent
Price: 48.22

5.0 out of 5 stars Good tent, little problems with condensation though, 27 Jun 2011
Bought bthis tent a couple of years back, but I've just been using it Again to sleep outside through the hot weather we've been having. Had surprise thunder storms the other night and got through it quite dry. The condensation is another matter though, tried all things but still damp through the night.