Profile for Suzanne > Reviews

Content by Suzanne

Suzanne "Avid reader, professional storyteller, wine aficionada, marine environmentalist, eternal experimenter..." (Innsbruck, Austria)

Anker® T310 2.4G Wireless Ultra Slim USB Mini Keyboard for Windows 8 7 XP Vista - Black
Offered by AnkerDirect

3.0 out of 5 stars Great for minimal use. Breaks if you use it for more than just email, and no spare parts, apparently., 15 July 2014
I loved this keyboard from the moment it arrived - perfect size, great keys, always worked, and then 2 months after purchasing, the spacebar started behaving erratically. Eventually it stopped working and partly came off. Stupidly thinking that this would be like a normal keyboard that snapped back on, I readjusted the "plastic" things under the spaced bar and tried to click it back into place.

No deal.

For two days I tried realigning and clipping, and eventually wrote to the Anker support team to ask for a new part. No reply.

Perhaps stupidly, I decided to give Anker another try and bought the Anker® T320 Ultrathin (4mm) Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard,. Sadly, this is nowhere as good in terms of a day-to-day wireless keyboard as this model is (often the keys just don't produce anything when I type, so I regularly have to turn on and off etc.), so I am now on the hunt for a small, wireless keyboard that doesn't break after such a short time, and that actually types when you press the keys.

Overall I think that this is a great keyboard if you only use it here and there to type the odd email.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2014 11:03 AM BST

No Destination: An Autobiography
No Destination: An Autobiography

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, 20 Mar 2014
Read this with my father as part of his preparation for a course. I felt that the first half of the book was interesting, although the writing was a bit jerky for my taste. The latter half of the book felt like it dragged a bit.

The Angels' Share
The Angels' Share
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars We enjoyed this, 20 Mar 2014
We were looking for something to make us smile and this did the trick. Easy to watch. We had great fun trying to understand some of the heavier Glaswegian accents and on occasion, only understood one word in ten, but it's good training for lazy ears!

The Unfinished Angel
The Unfinished Angel
by Sharon Creech

5.0 out of 5 stars Unfinished angels are a lot like us!, 1 May 2010
This review is from: The Unfinished Angel (Hardcover)
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. I was in search of some Spanish picture books to help my fledgling Spanish vocabulary and I came home with this. It was a delight to read and the idea is brilliant: our angel, who believes that he/ she has been sent to earth somewhat unfinished and he/ she isn't clear on his/ her mission or purpose, and his/ her collision with the spirited, somewhat bossy Zola who also appears to be a bit odd with her persistence in wearing several layers of clothing at once.

The angel's "puzzlement" about the "behaviours of peoples" is reinforced throughout the book as he/ she comments on what he/ she sees or has seen in his/ her life. The comments and musings are incredibly funny and from an adult perspective, made me wonder how odd adult behaviour must be to children and how odd we all must be from the perspective of a dog or alien (or indeed, someone from a completely different culture!).

The language is beautiful and because words are slightly "corrupted" when the angel speaks, staying focused is a must. The story of the friendship that develops between the angel and Zola is again funny but also raises important questions about whether "peoples" really do look after all "childrens", even those who have slipped across an invisible country border and are "illegal".

I can't recommend this book enough. It made me laugh and cry and I fully intend to read all Sharon Creech's books.

The Designing Brand Identity: A Complete Guide to Creating, Building, and Maintaining Strong Brands
by Alina Wheeler

4.0 out of 5 stars A valuable resource for marketing managers or brand consultants, 16 Feb 2007
Each brand consultant has a different approach to branding and I read this book to develop an approach that worked well for my business. It's packed with carefully illustrated processes and gives a thorough grounding in what branding is and how to help a client or your own business develop a brand with the potential for success.

The case studies section gives practical examples of how the branding process can lead to successful brand development or brand relaunches.

The layout of the book makes it easy to "dip in and out", or read it in a couple of sittings. I refer to this book often in order to keep myself on track and recommend it to anyone who is thinking about developing their own brand, or developing brands for others.