Profile for Mr. M. Beebeejaun > Reviews

Content by Mr. M. Beebeejaun

Mr. M. Beebeejaun (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
The Symphony Edition (DG box set)
The Symphony Edition (DG box set)

5.0 out of 5 stars Catch it if you can, 17 Aug 2014
It is must to buy box set and you will be amazed at the crystal sound of the symphonies of Mahler and Bruckner.Some critics say that his symphonies of Bruckner are romantic so what after listening to Abbado Bruckner symphonies I have come to appreciate Bruckner.The sound is clear without so loud trumpet blowing to the wall.The solo of individual instrument blend very with the orchestra. sound crystal clear ,detailed and broad when listening via headphone.The live recording is better than studio recording.If you find Bruckner r Mahler symphonies heavy going then set will lighten your journey.This box is a must and highly recommended.Buy this set on Amazon when the price is low as they tend to go like a yoyo.

Angela Hewitt plays Bach (Complete Solo Keyboard Recordings)
Angela Hewitt plays Bach (Complete Solo Keyboard Recordings)

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy if you do not like Bach keyboard music, 14 Aug 2014
In the past Bach keyboard works was a no go area and got tired listening to Schiff 12 cd box.Glen Gould awaken my interest.Hewit box of the complete keyboard box set is expensive when Hyperion is selling the box set at £47 including postage.I never tired of listening to these cd.The sound is crystal clear,better than slice bread and something to write home.For expletive listen to English suite 1-6 for example Suite no 4 second movement 1 and 2,it is beautiful that can even move a heart of stone.I could not believe that Bach keyboard works is so melodious and addictive to listen to.I spend a whole listening to some of the cd and find difficult to listen to other music.now I listen to one cd every 6 days or else I would listen to my vast collection of jazz,opera,heavy metal,bluegrass and especially Bob Dylan.This box set should be included in every collection of people who appreciate good much.Highly recommended.

Bruckner: Complete Symphonies
Bruckner: Complete Symphonies

5.0 out of 5 stars Bruckner is not a bore and long-windedly, 12 Aug 2014
Is Bruckner symphonies are geared for boring music lovers as they have noting to than waster their time in listening to symphonies such number 8 that over 75 minutes.Is his symphonies marmite as some say you either love or hate.The answer is a definite NO.In his so called modern world of instant coffee,a breakfast burger or no time mate I have to see the funeral director for a quick burial.I used to think like this.I have several complete version of Bruckner symphonies.Some version like Karajan will give tinnitus if you use headphone,some are too loud blowing the trumpets till the kingdom come. The last 3 weeks I have been listening to several version of Bruckner symphonies and the box set that I will take to desert island trip such as Bognor where it alway rain on Sunday and you have to wear overcoat in summer time is Tintner version.The sound is broad line cinerama screen and every thing is crystal clear and the trumpet does blow new door.For me to appreciate Bruckner symphonies,you need time,open mind and non judgemental and if you believe for One Bruckner symphony I could listen to 3 Mozart symphonies logic you will never appreciate Bruckner symphonies.A mature whisky is to sip but drink it like beer.Take time every one movement at time,then you will really appreciate Bruckner .This set is recommended to those who think foolishly that Bruckner is a I bore. Highly recommend. Please no negative feed back as the one I had on 100 great symphonies review.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 13, 2014 4:11 PM BST

Ferenc Fricsay: Complete Recordings on Deutsche Grammophon, Vol. 1, Orchestral Works

5.0 out of 5 stars Ferenc Fricsay... Who.I do not know who he is........, 22 July 2014
Fricsay who is he.I have heard of him.I bought this box set on the excellent and detailed review of ultra runner.When I received the box set,the 1st cd I played was Beethoven symphony Number 5.Yes it is one of the slowest and really enjoy it and I compare it with the highly recommended version of Carlos Kleiber which is just over 32 minutes but Feneric Frcsay last 40 minutes.I really enjoy it and it was slow and very melodious and not an irrational on the ears as I listen to CD via headphone.The mono CD is without hiss.I have listened to few cd and has not been disappointment.The Bartok music on 4 cd are beyond compare and they are benchmark recording.Listen to the 2nd and 3rd piano concert on on CD 1 and you will not believe what you are hearing. The timing of the CD are very generous.This is a box set to treasure.I will a detailed review later.Highly recommended and can you repeat Ferenc who you mean Ferenc Fricsay yes I have heard of him sound like Toscanni with better sound and more involved with the music he conduct.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 3, 2014 11:31 AM BST

Glenn Gould Bach Edition
Glenn Gould Bach Edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended to those who are allergic to Bach, 18 July 2014
Bach keyboard ,I would touch it with a barge pole .I bought the 12 CD box set by Andras Schiff for donkey years and to be truthful it was before the donkey.Many times I tried to listen to the Goldberg Variations and The well tempered claviers but got bored and the box set was and still gathering dust in my collection.Glen Gould back,no way after the negative reviewers from the professional in well known Magazine and reviewers that he hum and you can actually hears the cracking noise of the antique granny chair and I do not know whether he pass gas at both ends during recording,I decided to buy his Bach complete recordings and I still wonder why this box include Beethoven piano concerto whe it is Bach complete recording.Since I got this box set I have been playing the CD for over a week and never get bored.There is slight noise of humming via headphone but nothing to wire home about.I never got bored and tried to hang myself after listening to the two version of The Goldberg variation.This is a box set to treasure and to Enjoy Bach keyboard music,I mean enjoy with a capital e. Buy this box set as it is cheapest price on Amazon and once it is gone it is gone.Forget about those expert reviewers and if it was for them I would appreciate and enjoy the master tunesmith and highly recommended without any reservation. And this is Bach for a lifetime and for me for me is few years as I am already over the hill.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 22, 2014 2:46 AM BST

The Complete RCA And Sony Album Collection
The Complete RCA And Sony Album Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars When will they learn., 15 July 2014
Sony has the habit of cutting so that they can more box instead of doing justice to one of the world greatest conductor.The booklet contain nothing about the music,gone that far the CD has number to locate n the box set and no libretto and translation.Sony expect the potential purchasers to understand Russian and drink Vodka,eat caviar and smoke Cuban cigar.I am sure that many would prefer text and translation and pay increase price.The best Sony muse 30 years out in of music.As the music contained in the box set there is no complain listen to Mussorgsky St.John on the bare mountain version Bass-baritone on CD 12and compare it original version on CD 14track 6 and if you are not impressed then I will eat my hat without salt and peeper.The first cd track 1 is the starter to listen excellent music to local shop.Ultrarunner give an excellent review of this box set 5 stars for music and one star for all those involved in marketing this box set.An excellent tea in a cracked mug wit lipstick in the corner is the only way I can describe this box.Highly recoomended.........for the music.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 19, 2014 11:40 AM BST

Byron Janis:  The Complete RCA Collection
Byron Janis: The Complete RCA Collection
Offered by UKPaperbackshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Too good to be true, 12 July 2014
I have ordered this box set and it is a bargain that can not be missed and this price you can buy 2 Naxos cd.I am sure I will enjoy it when he box set arrive.Can you tell any bargain on Amazon. I have received this box set this and played 6CD already.I am impressed with the sound and quality of the recording.My recommendation is play the DVD first and you will appreciate he talent of Bryon Janis and never knew hat he married the daughter of Garry Cooper.The Rachmaninov 3 piano concerto will my first choice and the melodious music of Chopin.I aware the timing of the CD is short and bonus CD is only 15minutes but who care because you do need a howl of appreciate it but all the CD are like caviar and need time to appreciate his talent.Highly recommended box set but it is a pity that Amazon has increased the price as I I only bought it for less than£11.

James Galway - 60 Years (60 Flute Masterpieces)
James Galway - 60 Years (60 Flute Masterpieces)

1.0 out of 5 stars What a cheek at such a price, 12 July 2014
Why not making a killing at Broadway this miserable box set of 15 cd at such ridiculous price.I have pre-.ordered thr complete RCA recording at £86 and just count the number of cd.You who profit and rip other off you days will be soon over when this new book set will be released.Sell you box set now at less than £30 pounds before it will remain on your self or sell it to customers in Japan.

Vivarte Collection
Vivarte Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars For ......sake buy it now., 11 July 2014
This review is from: Vivarte Collection (Audio CD)
This must be a bargain at £29.50 for 60 CD in comparison with Presto and MDT.This a steal with a booklet that has extensive notes of each CD.The sound is excellent and no complain.The quality of playing by individual and orchestra is fanatic.listen to Bach cello sonata and I never heard play like this and really enjoyed it.There is no need to write an extensive review as I am sure Ultrarunner will do an excellent job.have one complain about Amazon as I am buying too much classical box set at at give away price.i am buying any cd from record shop as they are expensive.
.This box set at Presto is over £100.Highly recommended and buy it before the price goes up.This is a bargain of any century
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 25, 2014 10:26 PM BST

Edition
Edition

1.0 out of 5 stars Give it a miss, 2 July 2014
This review is from: Edition (Audio CD)
Too expensive for 38 cd even if it is an export edition.This box set is for those who have more money than brain.How many copies can you buy of Bruno Walter the symphonies edition.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9