Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

HTC One 32GB UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Silver (discontinued by manufacturer)
HTC One 32GB UK SIM-Free Smartphone - Silver (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost a Perfect Phone, 14 Jun. 2013
This phone is the closest I've come in my purchasing history for a phone to match the build quality of an iPhone. However the I've always been a big fan of Android and the balance Android has between beauty and functionality and so an iPhone has never been an option for me (widgets FTW).

This is a phone which feels beautiful in the hand. The speakers put every other phone I've owned to shame. The screen is gorgeous. And Sense 5 is Mostly Harmless; not everyone can be Elite.

but the downsides are...

Hardware buttons

For some people these are exactly what they want, however every time I rotate the phone to landscape I am reminded that the latest versions of Android have done away with the need for hardware buttons taking up precious space on the front of the phone but getting out of the way when appropriate. They look out of place in landscape.

The Logo on the front

The logo on the front of the phone screams to me that HTC have no confidence that the phone they have produced is the best that they can, that nobody would look at the phone and think "that's an HTC phone, it can't be from anybody else".

The hardware buttons take up valuable space and break the beautiful symmetry the rest of the phone has.

I know these are minor things but they always make me think that they are only a gnat's whisker away from having a design classic on their hands. And I think that every time I pick up the phone and really look at it.

And if you close your eyes and feel the phone it feels sleek and solid.

It's the best that Android has at the moment but it's almost the best out there.