Profile for Ms. Georgina Instone > Reviews

Content by Ms. Georgina I...

Ms. Georgina Instone

Land Of Ghosts
Land Of Ghosts
by E.V. Seymour

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Tallis yet, 4 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Land Of Ghosts (Paperback)
I must admit I'm a Paul Tallis fan, and found this third book the best so far. I didn't know much about Chechnya before I read this, but it really brings the area and the people alive. Beautifully written. Plenty of action. Lots of twists, and be warned - Tallis's usual high body count!
A really enjoyable and well researched book. I loved it.

The Last Exile: 1 (MIRA)
The Last Exile: 1 (MIRA)
by E.V. Seymour

5.0 out of 5 stars Dramatic action-packed holiday read, 29 July 2008
The drama starts right on the first page of this action-packed crime thriller. A great way to get into a perfect "holiday read".

The events tie in well with recent current affairs and makes you wonder what really happens to the people caught up in news stories after the media circus moves on.

I also liked the fact that this book naturally breaks into a number of linked cases - each about the right length for a sun-bathing session on the beach (at my reading pace anyway). Perfect to then have a breather and work out what Tallis could do next, but I still didn't expect a couple of clever twists at the end.

I can't wait to see what happens to Tallis next - as the book seems set for a follow up...... I certainly hope so.