Profile for GailD > Reviews

Content by GailD

GailD "GailD" (London UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Escentuals bareMinerals Redness Remedy and Brush
Escentuals bareMinerals Redness Remedy and Brush
Offered by Faith Cosmetics
Price: 25.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Less redness, 10 Jun 2014
This product certainly covers any redness when it's applied. I usually apply this first then my normal bare minerals powder. It is so light I cannot tell I'm wearing it. Whether it has lasting effects in reducing redness, I'm really not sure. But I'm happy applying it when I need to. Like all bare minerals makeup it leaves your skin soft too.

FitBit One Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker - Black
FitBit One Wireless Activity and Sleep Tracker - Black
Price: 67.12

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 10 Jun 2014
I decided I needed to walk more. First I tried an app, then I read about fitbit. I did quite a bit of research on the various fitbits and other makes and decided to plump for the fitbit one as it seemed to do a lot, simply.

I'm really pleased with it. I spent a week doing the same as normal and simply recording my steps. Now I'm gradually doing more each day to push that number up! It's very motivating. If you are the type of person who needs a buddy to motivate you, you can link to your friends who have a fitBit and motivate one another through the software.

I should add that I'm not a fitness freak - in fact I usually try to do as little exercise as possible so the fact that it's motivating me to do more is an outstanding achievement!

I read stories about these coming unclipped from clothes and being lost - either they've changed the clip or that person hadn't clipped it on properly because the clip is so strong you really have to push it on hard and tug at it to remove it - I can't believe it would ever fall of on its own. I clip it to my skirt waistband, bra strap or the pocket of trousers. The all work well.

Not much more to say... And I need to get on with walking now.......

Simple Solution Stain and Odour Remover for Dogs, 4 Litre
Simple Solution Stain and Odour Remover for Dogs, 4 Litre
Price: 13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product but arrived leaking - twice!!, 19 Jan 2014
This product is excellent. Not only does it remove any odour but because it also discourages the puppy from using the area again. BUT I've ordered this twice - the first time the bottle had started to leak on arrival, the second one it had leaked so badly that the courier company returned it on my behalf.

Prym 1 x 6-inch Universal Ruler with inch Scale
Prym 1 x 6-inch Universal Ruler with inch Scale
Offered by supermart USA
Price: 2.76

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute as a button... Or ruler, 18 July 2013
A lovely little ruler with clear markings. it's certainly not flimsy and a useful addition to the sewing box. Love it

Jumbo Plain Wooden Lollipop Sticks 100pk
Jumbo Plain Wooden Lollipop Sticks 100pk
Offered by Baby Craft
Price: 1.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 29 May 2013
I bought these to use as cheap plant labels at the allotment. I can write on them with a permanent Sharpie pen and it doesn't bleed and they look pretty cool. I'm very pleased with them.

Bridgedale Everyday Outdoors Coolmax Liner Women's Sock - Navy, 5-6.5
Bridgedale Everyday Outdoors Coolmax Liner Women's Sock - Navy, 5-6.5

5.0 out of 5 stars Great socks, 25 May 2013
I have been buying these socks for years. They are great under walking socks as intended but I wear the as normal socks with pumps too as they are comfortable and long lasting!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to apply and long lasting, 25 May 2013
This is so easy to apply. It does darken the colour slightly but on my boots it looks great. They have remained looking good for months and as I stepped in a stream by mistake last week I can guarantee they have remained waterproof ;)

The Colette Sewing Handbook: 5 Fundamentals for a Great Sewing Experience
The Colette Sewing Handbook: 5 Fundamentals for a Great Sewing Experience
by Sarai Mitnick
Edition: Hardcover-spiral
Price: 11.89

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value in all respects, 25 May 2013
I haven't yet tried the patterns but given the price of the regular (and gorgeous) Colette patterns it's clear from the offset that this book represents excellent value as it includes FIVE complete patterns on tissue! So it's a bargain right?

But that's not all .....

As the covers says, it covers determining your style, how to master a pattern, getting a good fit, how to choose the right fabric and how to get a great finish. Fantastic value then, right?

But that's not all...

It includes things like... Which machine needle size for which fabric, stabilising tricky fabric, the different types of interfacing, the different lining fabrics......

This book is amazing value, with clear photos, ring binder style so it lays flat and it's such a beautiful book. Of all my sewing books it's my favourite.

OLFA 45 mm 1-Piece Stainless Steel Blades, Pack of 10, Silver
OLFA 45 mm 1-Piece Stainless Steel Blades, Pack of 10, Silver
Offered by supermart USA
Price: 21.36

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 24 Mar 2013
Such a pain finding your blade blunt and you've run out of spares - I have little time to sew as Otis so this is soooo frustrating. I bought this pack of 10 and transferred two into an old pack. Now, I know I have plenty and when I get to the point of opening the pack containing two, I know it's time to order again. Never again will I run out at that crucial point in a project.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars So useful, 24 Mar 2013
I have found these so useful - holding pieces of a project together until I need them, instead of pinning eg when quilting or working with curtains etc. Not sure how I managed without them.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3