Profile for W.N. > Reviews

Content by W.N.

W.N. (UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Auraglow 10W LED Low Energy Motion Activated PIR Sensor Security Floodlight Outdoor Wall Light - 150w EQV
Offered by Safield Dist. Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars couldn't recommend it enough. green, bright and saves you money, 21 Mar 2014
(Updated on 12/04 to correct some typos; initial write-up was messed up by auto-correct!)

Having read some negative reviews, I was a bit worried to use it instead of a traditional halogen one, but glad to say my suspicions were proven wrong.

It is quite bright, our garden is about 60' x 27' and it covers the entire width and almost all the way to the rear fence (mainly because we have 2 levels at 1/2m difference)

Installation is very straightforward as it comes wired with 2ft of wire. Only gripe is that if you have a line coming out of your wall, you'll need an in-line connector which is around £6 (from Amazon too).

The connector can be tucked above the bracket and won't look ugly.

The added benefit of a 3-way switch is very useful as you can select whether you want it off, on or PIR mode.

We use it in pir mode and whenever we need to see outside we just switch off and on from our inside switch and it turns on for the duration you set it to.

Just think of it that you can save 93% of electricity which is greener and more economic... Especially if you have outdoor pets which keep wandering about and cause it to switch on.

I have initially thought about putting two, but quite happy now with one

Everbuild Forever White Grout Reviver 200ml EVBFWREVIVE
Everbuild Forever White Grout Reviver 200ml EVBFWREVIVE
Offered by GoodsWholesaleUK

5.0 out of 5 stars new mould-free grout, 21 Mar 2014
Very easy to apply, whether on large tiles or tiny ones. We have both in our bathroom and I used it few months ago and grout is white and fresh.
Just make sure you wait till it cures before you wipe the excess otherwise you'll be removing your newly-applied grout.

Not so keen on the sponge applicator though, and it came off after half an hour of use... I used another sponge.

Planet Waves Lemon Oil
Planet Waves Lemon Oil

5.0 out of 5 stars fretboard saver, 21 Mar 2014
Cannot fault it. It revived my old strat , fretboard clean as new and no longer dry.

Plus, it's made by D'Addario, so, can trust it.
Will be using it soon on my ibanez S

COLT® AC Voltage Detector 90V~1000V Tester Pen Stick Probe
COLT® AC Voltage Detector 90V~1000V Tester Pen Stick Probe
Offered by MPB Trading International

4.0 out of 5 stars works quite well, but not first time, 21 Mar 2014
Used it many times and it's quite good so far.

Only warning and the reason for which I took one star off is that I have to use it at least twice to be sure there is/not power in the line.

Faithfull Mastic Gun 425MM
Faithfull Mastic Gun 425MM

2.0 out of 5 stars not for regular diy work, 3 Mar 2014
It broke after few metres of caulk.
I assume it'd be ok for light use.
If you need it for the occasional day then invest and pay a tenner for a more robust one.

SAMSUNG GALAXY S2 RUBBERISED HARD BACK COVER CASE / SHELL / SHIELD - SOLID BLACK PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE

5.0 out of 5 stars decent and protective, 2 Mar 2014
Surprisingly functional and fits nicely despite being not original.
Tried another one and fit was awful.

This one fits and protects. Got one for myself and one for the Mrs. Hers survived few months of constant beating and still going strong.

Long Life Lamp Company GU10 5 Watt Super Bright LED with New Chip Technology, Warm White 50w replacements
Offered by Strictly Lamps

5.0 out of 5 stars quite good. but not "dimmable" in case you wanted one, 2 Mar 2014
It is on the "cool" side of white, so not sure if it's everyone's cup of tea. I myself don't like "warm" white, so this does the trick for me.

We have been using it quite constantly since we got it and it hasn't disappointed.

I'm using one with an adaptor to fit a standard bulb holder and one directly in a GU-10 holder. Both fine.

I'm getting more of these despite their price.
90% energy saving is something to think about.

B22 to GU10 Lamp Light Bulb Base Socket Converter Adaptor (singular item)
B22 to GU10 Lamp Light Bulb Base Socket Converter Adaptor (singular item)
Offered by BeautyMall(Shipped from HongKong)

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin, 2 Mar 2014
Used it for a GU 10 and does what it says, nothing wrong with it.

Not much to say about a converter, only functionality and solidity. Both good

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to cut and install and does a good job., 2 Mar 2014
Been seeing many similar items but eventually decided to go with this.
Very easy to install, just peel and stick.
Even if you need to adjust it, it comes off OK and can be re-applied.

Obviously it's not opaque, but it does work in terms of blurring things up.
Installed it on the side pane on my door and I can see the difference. Also put it on a bathroom window and results are good.

Can't judge how long it'll last though. Might update this in a couple of months.

Duronic ST8B - 8 Way 2 Metre surge Tower Extension Lead Socket - 2M - Engineered to tell you when its surge protected
Offered by DURONIC

5.0 out of 5 stars practical and well-priced, 2 Mar 2014
Stands up well despite the attached plugs and their stiff cables,
Green light and red light to show it has electricity and it's protected. Price very good too.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8