Profile for Just My Opinion! > Reviews

Content by Just My Opinion!

Just My Opinion! (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Concept2 Model D Indoor Rower with PM3 - Black
Concept2 Model D Indoor Rower with PM3 - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Best purchase. Ever!, 5 Mar. 2015
(Purchased May 14)
I researched rowers for a few months. I didn't want a cheap machine, yet I didn't want to fork out for something expensive, and end up not using it!
After a lot of dithering, I went for this model, because I'd read such good reviews, and knew that I wouldn't be happy with anything less.
On arrival, it came in 2 boxes, and was incredibly quick and easy to set up. (My husband done it in about 15 minutes).
It's strong, stable and has a smooth movement. The fly wheel does whir a bit, but I don't notice it as I wear headphones. It comes with software to record workouts so you can track progress, and upload online.
You have the option of several different pre-loaded workouts and rowing games, as well as the choice to create your own.
There isn't much maintenance required. The chain needs greasing once or twice a year and the runners and bar need a wipe down after each use to remove any dirt. Depending where you house the rower, you may want to hoover inside the flywheel.

I have to say, I really, REALLY enjoy rowing now, and feel great afterwards. I thoroughly recommend it. I have arthritis in my back, and although dubious at first, rowing has actually made my back (and abdomen) stronger, so I have less pain overall. It's also less stress on my knees and shin splints than if I were to go running.

ORS Olive Oil Replenishingconditioner 360 ml
ORS Olive Oil Replenishingconditioner 360 ml
Offered by afrocosmetics4u

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a try, 5 Mar. 2015
This conditioner works quite well when left on the hair for the recommended time. I certainly get less breakage when used regularly.
The smell isn't great, but isn't really lasting, so it isn't an issue. It's a good price, and OK to use for now, but I am still on the lookout for something which ticks all the boxes.

Dork Diaries: Skating Sensation (Dork Diaries Series Book 4)
Dork Diaries: Skating Sensation (Dork Diaries Series Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Dork Diaries, 5 Mar. 2015
My 10yr old loves the books in this series, and recommends them to other girls her age.

BeSwitched, Paranormal Romance (The BeSwitched Series Book 1)
BeSwitched, Paranormal Romance (The BeSwitched Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable!, 5 Mar. 2015
Review by my 10yr old daughter: This was a really fun read, and very humerous. My favourite character was the cat!

Bex Carter 1: Aunt Jeanie's Revenge (The Bex Carter Series)
Bex Carter 1: Aunt Jeanie's Revenge (The Bex Carter Series)

5.0 out of 5 stars Humerous and a good read!, 5 Mar. 2015
My daughter is 10, and she liked this book because it was funny. She said she felt she had similarities to Bex. She liked the character Ava G, but her favourite was her Russian 'bestie'.

Metallic Earth 540 Piece Puzzleball
Metallic Earth 540 Piece Puzzleball

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational puzzle, 5 Mar. 2015
Well made and educational. I bought this for a 10 year old for Christmas. Aside from 1 or 2 slightly stiff pieces, it was easy to assemble overall. It comes with a handy stand that allows the globe to rotate and/or put on display.

Dr Foot's Sport Insoles - Small
Dr Foot's Sport Insoles - Small
Offered by Dr Foot

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 5 Mar. 2015
I have shin splints, and thought I'd try these out before seeing a Podiatrist. I wasn't keen on parting with £25 either, but decided to give them a go.
On opening the packet, I was really disappointed by the flimsy look and feel of the insoles. However.....once I walked on them I was very impressed.
I only needed to cut them down one graduation, and placed mine inside a pair of Converse Hi Tops (on top of the insole). I noticed an immediate small improvement on a short 10 minute walk. I found them cushioned, comfortable and supportive all at the same time.
Although my pain has not disappeared altogether, walking is much easier, and far less painful. So much so, I've been able to resume use of the gym, and hope to progress to running again in the next few months.

PetGear by Happy Pet Dog Seat Belt
PetGear by Happy Pet Dog Seat Belt

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 5 Mar. 2015
Works a treat, but not sure the dog (Polly pocket Chihuahua) likes it! She's so small, when she circles round to 'nest' it wraps round her....
However, it does what it's supposed to do, and clips in easily to a Fiat 500 sport, and a Peugot van.

Palmer's Olive Oil Formula Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner 473ml
Palmer's Olive Oil Formula Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner 473ml
Offered by E.T. Browne UK Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Cleanser, 5 Mar. 2015
This is a nice gentle cleansing shampoo without all the baddies. It smells OK (but could be better). The consistency is light and creamy. I like to wash, rinse, wash, comb through, leave on for a while, then rinse again. I also use some as a leave in before adding my chosen styling product.
My hair type is mostly 3c/4a (with 20% of this being 2c and 4b!)

Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Anti Breakage Growth Oil 237ml
Elasta QP Olive Oil & Mango Butter Anti Breakage Growth Oil 237ml
Offered by afrocosmetics4u

3.0 out of 5 stars Light & non greasy, 5 Mar. 2015
This oil is light, and smells great. I apply to my scalp and distribute to the ends of my hair when styling (after the washing process!).
It does help keep some moisture in my hair, but for me, my hair needs a lot more moisture......
As for growth? I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary! but I do have slightly less breakage.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20