Profile for Paula Green > Reviews

Content by Paula Green

Paula Green

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Warrior: Scourge of the Steppe (Genghis Khan Book 2)
Warrior: Scourge of the Steppe (Genghis Khan Book 2)
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Sequal, 26 Nov 2013
I surprised myself by really enjoying the first Genghis Kahn adventure and was keen to follow on with his life and times in the second outing. This was equally as enjoyable; it was good to try out a different genre. My husband loved them both as well. I would buy the third...

Always You
Always You
Price: 2.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Old fashioned, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: Always You (Kindle Edition)
I like a quirky, engaging chick-lit tale as much as the next person. This wasn't one of those. It fell into the more old fashioned camp; a book you might buy for your mother-in-law. The plot was thin, the characters irritating, the writing style over simple and sentimental. No surprises, no laughs, all rather over serious and stuffy.

Mens 100% Cotton Rich Polo T Shirts Sizes XS to 4XL (2XL - XXL, ROYAL BLUE)
Mens 100% Cotton Rich Polo T Shirts Sizes XS to 4XL (2XL - XXL, ROYAL BLUE)
Offered by sakclothing
Price: 6.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and cheerful, 17 Oct 2013
A present for my dad- he's a big chap and it fitted him well. A lovely bright colour and it washes well. Good value and cheap delivery. I cancelled my previous order of a similar product from a different company because the delivery charge was too high.

The Racketeer
The Racketeer
Price: 3.49

3.0 out of 5 stars A page turner, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Racketeer (Kindle Edition)
I hadn't read a Grisham for a while. This was okay, but not my favourite. I read it quickly and found it reasonably compelling, but it was rather shallow in the end and I felt a bit cheated. The main character was difficult to empathise with and the peripheral characters were badly drawn. Some parts of the story really dragged, particularly all the travelling around. I couldn't see why a lot of it was necessary, in retrospect. An over complicated plot for no good reason other than to make up the pages. Grisham is good at surprises. There were none here.

Don't Want To Miss A Thing
Don't Want To Miss A Thing
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Unchallenging but enjoyable, 17 Oct 2013
Of its genre it was a pleasant read. It was easy, predictable, mildly amusing and gentle. It was an enjoyable way to pass a few days, but was not especially memorable. Standard, unchallenging chick-lit.

Tell No One
Tell No One
Price: 3.95

4.0 out of 5 stars Compelling Coben, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: Tell No One (Kindle Edition)
Typical Coben: edge of the seat drama, twists and turns, likeable characters, comic strip villains, self deprecating humour, compelling action. Some familiar characters put in an appearance from the Myron Bolitar series, welcoming you back to the Coben fold. A compulsive page turner, all over too quickly- you won't be able to make it last more than 2 days.

The Woods
The Woods
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars A great mystery, 21 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Woods (Kindle Edition)
A reasonably typical Harlan Coben mystery/murder/thriller/suspense story. I'm a fan, so that's fine by me. The likeable characters, witty asides, twists and turns, and galloping pace all made for an enjoyable read in familiar New Jersey territory. An avid Myron Bolitar fan, I was not let down by The Woods central character of Paul Copeland wrestling the demons of his past and trying to resolve the conflicts of his present circumstances. A great read...the book was consumed very quickly.

The Price of Love
The Price of Love

4.0 out of 5 stars A short story collection, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Price of Love (Kindle Edition)
I use that as my title because I hadn't realised that's what it was when I bought it for kindle. A little disappointed when It downloaded as it wasn't what I was expecting- probably my fault for not reading the blurb properly - but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would and, in actual fact, it made a pleasant change. Slightly off the usual territory for Peter Robinson and some of the stories were quite unexpected with a variety of styles and themes.

The Accident
The Accident

3.0 out of 5 stars Not his greatest work., 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Accident (Kindle Edition)
I always enjoy Linwood Barclay's suburban thrillers and this, too, was a pleasant read. I don't, however, feel it was in the same league as his others. The plot was rather slow to get going and not very difficult to second guess. The backdrop of the credit crunch was interesting, ordinary people trying to make their way through the mire, but it was all rather pedestrian. With the exception of the central character and his daughter, I didn't much care for most of the characters so I wasn't really bothered what happened to them. It hasn't put me off the author, but it wasn't my favourite.

Honeymoon
Honeymoon

3.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight but compelling., 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: Honeymoon (Kindle Edition)
I'm not a fan of the co-authored JP stories and have, consequently, given him the hard shoulder for a few years. A friend recommended this and it was cheap on kindle, so I gave it a go. As expected... easy to read, short, compelling chapters and quick to finish. The characterisation was very thin and the plot rather cliched- surely the black widow has been done before and this offered no great surprises. It was not very challenging and the end was a bit tangled, but it wasn't altogether dire as some of his other co-authored ventures have been.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7