Profile for S. Wallis > Reviews

Grrl Alex: A Personal Journey to a Transgender Identity
Grrl Alex: A Personal Journey to a Transgender Identity
by Alex Drummond

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect present, 25 Dec 2013
I have a family member who is going through a gender identity crisis at the moment, and as it is something that I have never experienced, but wanting to help him in any way I could, I got in contact with someone on Facebook, who had experienced the same thing. She told me about Alex, who is a counsellor for gender identity issues and recommended that I bought the book to help me understand what my relative was going through. I decided that I would give the book to him as a Christmas present as I felt it would help him to know that there are people who are happily and fulfilling their life while not conforming to either "normal" life or the typical - perhaps stereotypical - transgender lifestyle. I think that the cover image is visually quite startling, but when nobody bats an eyelid if a woman goes out in a mannish outfit and nobody bats an eyelid it would be nice to think that one day, in the not-so-distant future, people will be just as nonchalant with a man in a skirt - after all nobody is offended by a Scotsman in a kilt!
The service from the seller was first class, so I would happily recommend doing business with them, so all in all I am happy to have found the book on Amazon, as it wasn't available anywhere else that I looked.

ELVIS PRESLEY LEGEND DARTS STAR LIGHTER ENGRAVED FREE
ELVIS PRESLEY LEGEND DARTS STAR LIGHTER ENGRAVED FREE
Offered by Emblems-Gifts Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars They do custom engraving too!, 25 Dec 2013
This lighter and the sellers morre than exceeded my expectations! I bought it as a gift for my sister in law, and decided to get it engraved with a photograph of her two granddaughters. Initially I mistakenly paid the wrong amount - paying too little, as their customised lighters are an extra £2 - but that was easily and quickly sorted out by Leanne, and the process of a custom order is very easy to do, just send them an appropriate image and within a day the order is dispatched! Service was very quick, and the lighter itself was beautiful, great quality with a stunning image of the children and a dedication to my sister in law. It was perfect, and actually much better than I thought it would be, the photos of their lighters don't do them justice! My sister in law absolutely loves it and so did everyone who saw it - even the non-smokers were impressed by the quality! I would recommend them highly for both service and product!

USB Mini Desktop Power PC Laptop Fan Desk Table MAC by BuyinCoins
USB Mini Desktop Power PC Laptop Fan Desk Table MAC by BuyinCoins
Offered by TOPCITY

5.0 out of 5 stars Cor it's really cool., 23 Oct 2013
I needed a fan to cool down my PC, which seemed to get rather overheated, resulting in frequent crashes. the obvious answer was a USB fan, which would whirl into use as soon as my computer woke up in the morning, and this fits the bill, giving a good blast of cool air, which alos helps with the menopausal hot flushes!

The Velvet Underground & Nico
The Velvet Underground & Nico
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Shiny boots of leather...., 23 Oct 2013
Brilliant, classic album, with an iconic cover. The Velvet Underground were a seminal band whose work influenced a lot of other musicians. Dark and full fo subtext - made me feel like an art student again.

Insights From Beyond the Lens: Inside the Art & Craft of Landscape Photography
Insights From Beyond the Lens: Inside the Art & Craft of Landscape Photography

5.0 out of 5 stars Photography help, 23 Oct 2013
Excellent and informative, great for beginner or more experienced photographer and easy to understand without being over technical. I would thoroughly recommend this.

Windolene Emulsion Original Cream 500 ml (Pack of Three)
Windolene Emulsion Original Cream 500 ml (Pack of Three)

5.0 out of 5 stars Oldie but goodie, 23 Oct 2013
Better than the sprays-you can see exactly where to rub - cleans brilliantly plus you can use it for privacy if you can't afford curtains! A truly versatile product,

4 PIECE STAINLESS STEEL MEASURING CUPS WITH HANDLES
4 PIECE STAINLESS STEEL MEASURING CUPS WITH HANDLES
Offered by General Stores Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars get the measure, 23 Oct 2013
Good quality and useful when following American recipes - ends guesswork! Nest together for easy storage. Not much else to say!

Bodycon Stretch Animal Leopard Zebra Print Dress, Panthera, Medium UK 10
Bodycon Stretch Animal Leopard Zebra Print Dress, Panthera, Medium UK 10
Offered by Glamour Empire Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 26 Sep 2013
I bought this for my niece for her birthday and she absolutely loves it! Sexy without being tarty, clings in all the right places and makes a change from the ubiquitous little black dress!

Essential Photoshop: How to use 9 essential tools and techniques to transform your photography (The Lightweight Photographer Books)

5.0 out of 5 stars It really iss Essential, 26 Sep 2013
This book is full of easy to understand and helpful information for getting the best out of Photoshop. Clear information and not too technical, I thoroughly recommend it!

Frontline Spot On Flea Drops Small Dog 2-10Kg 3Pk
Frontline Spot On Flea Drops Small Dog 2-10Kg 3Pk
Offered by Mr Pets

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product with proven track record, 18 Jan 2013
I ordered these for my mother's dogs as she has always used Frontline and is happy with the way it works.

Page: 1 | 2