Profile for Galya Reuter > Reviews

Content by Galya Reuter

Galya Reuter (London)

Yoga For Me And My Baby [DVD]
Yoga For Me And My Baby [DVD]
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring and slow, 27 Jun. 2010
I'm surprised by all the positive reviews. This DVD is great if you want to spend a relaxing 40 minutes breathing...and doing nothing else. If, however, you want to get even a bit of a workout, it is NOT for you. At one point I think she even describes child pose as challenging. I've done a bit of yoga and most of the exercises on this DVD have been watered down to such a degree that they are hardly recognisable. It was a waste of time and money and would recommend meditation or a good sleep over this DVD because that's all it is really good for.

Complete Pregnancy Fitness [DVD]
Complete Pregnancy Fitness [DVD]
Dvd ~ Complete Pregnancy Fitness

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and good exercise, 27 Jun. 2010
I really like this DVD. It is the perfect length for a pre-work workout. I always skip the intro and sometimes skip the relaxation and stretch section. That makes it 35 minutes. I think it is about 40 minutes long including the relaxation section.

When I first did the DVD after 3 months of doing nothing with morning sickness, I was surprised at how tired I was afterwards. Now it has gotten easier with regular exercise but I definitely still feel my muscles have worked after a session. You sweat a bit (although the cardio isn't very strenuous) but the main thing is she targets all those important areas like your legs, thighs and bum and also your arms.

It seems to go by really quickly because it's divided up into sections like floor work, standing exercises etc. and the instructor is easy to listen to and not very annoying. It is also quite informative as she gives little pregnancy anecdotes along the way which I never knew about.

I would highly recommend.

10 Minute Solution - Prenatal Pilates [DVD]
10 Minute Solution - Prenatal Pilates [DVD]
Offered by Direct Entertainment Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout, 27 Jun. 2010
This is one of the best pregnancy DVDs I have seen (I have bought 4 so far). It really works one's core muscles. The DVD is divided into five 10 minute segments and it is possible to select the segments you want to do and compile them into a single workout session tailored for you without having to go back and select each segment once the previous one has finished. I don't really have 50 minutes in the mornings before work so I skip the relaxation segment and only do 40 minutes, for example.

The music isn't irritating and neither is the presenter. The thing I liked most about this DVD is that the original pilates exercises are still used unlike in some pregnancy DVDs where they basically make you breathe for an hour. I got a good idea for what I am still able to do during pregnancy so that I could go to regular pilates gym classes and feel confident in doing most of the exercises while at the same time knowing which exercises might not be good during pregnancy.

I didn't agree that the instructor went too fast. I think when they go too slowly, it gets boring.

I'm 25 weeks into my pregnancy and hope to be able to do this DVD up until the end.

Braun MR6550 M HC-BC Multiquick Professional Blender Kit
Braun MR6550 M HC-BC Multiquick Professional Blender Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mixer, 23 Jan. 2010
I really like this hand held mixer. I've had it for over 2 years now and it still works well (although I don't use it often). It makes soups really well and grinds herbs etc. I particularly like it because it's compact and easy to store and also because it is very easy to clean.

Steepletone Penguin Shower Radio - FM & MW (AM) Model: PSR5
Steepletone Penguin Shower Radio - FM & MW (AM) Model: PSR5
Offered by Ryness Lighting & Electrical

1.0 out of 5 stars broke within 5 minutes of opening the box, 23 Jan. 2010
I wouldn't buy this radio, firstly because the leg, which is also the on/off/volume mechanism broke as soon as I switched it on. Secondly, I have an internal bathroom without a window and the radio doesn't pick up many channels. I'm not sure if this would be the same with any radio though.

Magimix Nespresso M100 Coffee Maker & Aeroccino (Metal Grey)
Magimix Nespresso M100 Coffee Maker & Aeroccino (Metal Grey)

4.0 out of 5 stars great coffee machine, 15 Nov. 2009
I don't drink coffee but my husband has wanted one of these for ages. We finally bought one and after a couple of weeks he was hooked. He used to be a Starbucks addict but now much prefers this coffee. I was a bit disappointed because I thought it might be possible to get hot chocolate pods but it is purely a coffee machine. It took us a while to work out that if you don't want an espresso then its better to use a lungho pod.

It is a good machine and easy to clean. I mainly use the aerochino which is also very easy to clean but as lots of people have already said, the milk doesn't come out very hot so you get a lukewarm cup of hot chocolate. I like the froth in chai tea lattes though.

I'd recommend buying it.

Pilates: Advanced Programme [DVD]
Pilates: Advanced Programme [DVD]
Offered by HalfpriceDVDS_FBA

1.0 out of 5 stars pointless DVD, 31 July 2007
This is not formatted as a workout but rather as a showcase of amateur pilates students. At the beginning the instructor (who doesn't actually do the pilates himself but rather stands around telling the students what to do) says that there isn't actually enough time on the DVD to do all the reps of each exercise that one is supposed to do, which means that you are expected to keep pausing the DVD - hardly a fluid way of doing a pilates workout. The exercises are not explained well and most of the time the names of the exercises take up the whole screen so you can't even see the students getting into the positions. Waste of time buying this DVD.

MTV Pilates [DVD]
MTV Pilates [DVD]
Offered by 247dvd

3.0 out of 5 stars good variety but mediocre execution, 31 July 2007
This review is from: MTV Pilates [DVD] (DVD)
Firstly the music is really irritating - luckily one can switch to the option of only hearing the instructor without the music.

There is a wide variety of exercises however the instructor executes them relatively quickly so that the full pilates effect isn't felt. I get lower back pain every time I do this workout, whereas this is not the case with other pilates DVD's or sessions. I am not sure whether this is because there are too many exercises in this workout that strain the back or whether it is because the repetitions are done so quickly, that it is impossible to do the exercises properly.
The DVD lasts around 45 minutes and is challenging and since there are 4 instructors doing different levels, there are a number of options for each exercise.

Generally it is a good DVD but I still prefer the Ana Caban intermediate DVD.

Pilates: Intermediate [DVD]
Pilates: Intermediate [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ana Caban
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars Challenging and also very instructive, 31 July 2007
This review is from: Pilates: Intermediate [DVD] (DVD)
This is a great DVD because it not only teaches the correct technique so that back problems can be avoided, but also presents the exercises in a way which continues to challenge, even if one uses the DVD repeatedly. The exercises are done slowly so there is time to complete each one properly (which I think is the best way to do pilates anyway). The only criticism I have is that the main workout is only 25 minutes and not sufficiently challenging without doing the quick booster workout as well, however since the booster workout is more or less a repetition of the main workout, it can get a bit monotonous.