Profile for Ciara Conlon > Reviews

Perform as a Leader: The skills and strategies to take you where you want to go
Perform as a Leader: The skills and strategies to take you where you want to go
by Orlaith Carmody

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read practical advice, 9 Oct. 2015
A great read, this book gives you the advice to get over yourself and get on with it. Great tips on how to be authentic while presenting, public speaking or any time you have to step outside your comfort zone. I got great benefit from reading this book, it’s easy to read and packed with good solid advice you can implement straight away.

Experience Curating: How to Gain Focus, Increase Influence, and Simplify Your Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, inspirational and thought provoking., 27 Feb. 2014
It's a while since I have bought a book that really inspired me and made me think. This book was not what I expected but delightfully so. It is captivating, easy to read and has added another dimension to my life. I see myself as a curator of information in the professional realm but never in a personal capacity. I know realise we all do it to some degree or other but the realisation and awareness helps to improve that process, simplify and profit more from the activity.

More balls than most
More balls than most

4.0 out of 5 stars Really Good Read, 13 Jan. 2014
I really enjoyed this book, it's practical and full of advice on how to grow your business from scratch. Lara is open and shares all her learning from her experience of growing Pacific Direct. I have really gained from reading the book, in fact it gave me the courage to change the way I've been doing things.

Leadership Wisdom From The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
Leadership Wisdom From The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari
by Robin Sharma

4.0 out of 5 stars More Wisdom from Robin Sharma, 12 Mar. 2009
Another great book from Robin Sharma. His simple and authentic words help to instil more good habits. The 8 rituals of Visionary Leaders are explained clearly and it leaves you feeling that implementing them is an easy process. As with a lot of Sharma's books the lessons must be learnt as you go. If you read through the book from cover to cover you may miss the lessons and find it more difficult to implement at a later stage. His Leadership philosophy is open to anyone to make a part of their lives it's not just for managers or business people. I highly recommend this book.