Profile for LittleL > Reviews

LittleL

The Works of Lord Byron, Vol. 7. Poetry
The Works of Lord Byron, Vol. 7. Poetry

5.0 out of 5 stars The lady of shalott, 25 Oct. 2013
I bought this merely to read the Lady of Shallot, being a big follower of pre- Raphaelite art. I found Tennyson's poetry quite difficult- but nonetheless I totally enjoyed his descriptions of country side and his stories...especially The Lady of Shallot.

Selected Poems of Christina Rossetti (Wordsworth Poetry Library)
Selected Poems of Christina Rossetti (Wordsworth Poetry Library)
by Christina Rossetti

5.0 out of 5 stars my favourite poet, 25 Oct. 2013
I love Rossetti's imagery. Totally enthralling- no weak victorian woman here- a very astute, strong independent woman. I recommend this to anyone who loves pre-raphaelite art but who also wants to see this art through the eyes of a woman.

The Tenderness of Wolves
The Tenderness of Wolves

5.0 out of 5 stars enthralling, 25 Oct. 2013
This book kept me enthralled from beginning to end, a brilliant mystery, a thriller and a love story. Totally believable. So beautifully descriptive I could imagine myself on the journey with the main characters.

Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian History of the American West
Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian History of the American West

5.0 out of 5 stars fascinating, 25 Oct. 2013
I love this book read it first as a paperback some years ago, lent out ..and so when I saw it on kindle I had to have it. It is full of sadness , poignancy and bravery and dignity. The native american

Sorry
Sorry

5.0 out of 5 stars unusual, 27 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Sorry (Kindle Edition)
Thrilling page turner with unexpected twists in the plot. Interesting study of the characters
Quite a chilling read. Unusual and original

The Last Stop
The Last Stop

5.0 out of 5 stars The Last Stop, 4 Aug. 2012
This review is from: The Last Stop (Kindle Edition)
Reading this I became totally absorbed in the mystery of the unknown. What was going to happen to these people? The strange behaviour of the inhabitants, the isolation of the main characters made for a very spooky and chilling read.
I felt cheated at the end because I feel the main character felt cheated too. There is nothing as precious as some thing that you are about to loose. That doesn't mean that I didnt like the ending because I did it was original and chilling. There were no good guys to come and save the day - but that made it real.

Sinema: The Northumberland Massacre
Sinema: The Northumberland Massacre

5.0 out of 5 stars Believable, 17 April 2012
A scary, totally absorbing read. Set in the North east of England where I live I found my self at first in a nice comfort zone and then ....the horror. A totally believable murderer and believable characters both flawed and sincere ...and I know who I didnt want to die ..but well you will have to read and see....