Profile for M. Courtright > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Sex at Dawn: The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality
Sex at Dawn: The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality
by Cacilda Jetha

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful non-fiction look at how sexuality has been treated over ..., 19 Dec. 2015
Wonderful non-fiction look at how sexuality has been treated over the decades with lots of debunking of popular myths, especially considering females' sexuality and monogamy, and how religion has been, and continues to be, one of the largest supporters of many unscientifically based generalizations.
Like nothing I had ever read before.

Stephanie's Ponytail (Classic Munsch)
Stephanie's Ponytail (Classic Munsch)
by Robert Munsch

5.0 out of 5 stars "It's my ponytail and I like it" Self-esteem builder, 19 Dec. 2015
"It's my ponytail and I like it"

Self-esteem builder, great for kids starting school and their first introduction to peer pressure. We just crack up with everything Munsch writes, this one is our favorite.

Little Wigwam World Map Placemat
Little Wigwam World Map Placemat
Offered by Little Wigwam

5.0 out of 5 stars My kids love this placemat and fight over it, 19 Dec. 2015
My kids love this placemat and fight over it. They have learned a lot. I wish they would also come out with one that says which languages are spoken in which places, or had population info. They just lap it up

My Little Pony Phonics Fun (I Can Read Phonics)
My Little Pony Phonics Fun (I Can Read Phonics)
by Joanne Mattern

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth your money, 19 Dec. 2015
Pretty disappointed with this series. The vocabulary is not appropriate for young readers, as the target words are few and far between among all of the "special" words to memorize for each one. The "Read it yourself with Ladybird" series does a MUCH better job of keeping the sentences level-appropriate and scaffolding the learning from one book to the next, using repetition and illustration to support learning.
I don't know why I don't give these a one-star actually, I suppose because my daughter was motivated to push on with the My LIttle Pony characters, but they were way too badly put together.

Giants Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette)
Giants Beware! (Chronicles of Claudette)
by Jorge Aguirre

5.0 out of 5 stars He loved the book, 19 Dec. 2015
I read this first of all with my son, as it is hard to find any heroines in this genre. He loved the book, and now I am reading it with my girl who also is loving the story, the drawing, and especially making all of the sound effects.

Harry Potter Box Set: The Complete Collection (Children's Paperback)
Harry Potter Box Set: The Complete Collection (Children's Paperback)
by J.K. Rowling

5.0 out of 5 stars We love this box set, 19 Dec. 2015
We love this box set, it is beautiful as well as the great quality of each book and the individuals covers. Good size font inside, great size, love them.

Mum's Family Calendar 2016 (2016 Calendar)
Mum's Family Calendar 2016 (2016 Calendar)
by Sandra Boynton
Edition: Calendar

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect for families of 3, 19 Dec. 2015
I have tried to wean myself from these calendars, but nothing compares to the column system. This must be my 5th year, perfect for families of 3, 4, or 5.

Ripley's Believe It or Not! 2016 (Annuals)
Ripley's Believe It or Not! 2016 (Annuals)
by null

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Dec. 2015
Best cover ever! Can't wait to share it with the kids.

Enchanted Forest Scratch and Sketch (An Art Activity Book for Artistic Wizards of All Ages)
by Lee and Tom Nemmers

5.0 out of 5 stars These are awesome and my kids love them, 19 Dec. 2015
These are awesome and my kids love them. Perfect to take to a restaurant and keep them busy and quiet while the food is coming or the adults are talking :-)

What's up with Catalonia?: The causes which impel them to the separation
What's up with Catalonia?: The causes which impel them to the separation
by Liz Castro

5.0 out of 5 stars great resource, 30 Sept. 2013
Fascinating opportunity to read what different intellectuals, politicians, writers and other public figures think about one of the most beautiful areas I know- Barcelona and Catalonia. It's hard for those that don't live here to understand what motivates so many people to fight for the right to self-determination, and it's not often you can find current information in English to talk about both the history and culture of this north-eastern corner of the Iberian Peninsula. This book has been a wonderful way to share Catalonia's current situation with friends and family, and I recommend it to anyone who wants to better understand the language, history and future of the Catalans.

Page: 1 | 2