Profile for Viktor Fougstedt > Reviews

Content by Viktor Fougstedt

Viktor Fougstedt (Sweden, Europe)

Rebuilding: When Your Relationship Ends (Rebuilding Books; For Divorce and Beyond)
by Dr Bruce Fisher

5.0 out of 5 stars Life saver, 27 Sept. 2009
After one week of continuous panic when my spouse told me about her infidelity and that she, for lack of feelings toward me, was leaving me for another man, I decided something had to be done.

I found someone somewhere on the Internet who suggested this "Rebuilding". I took a chance and bought it.

What a life saver! Not only has it helped me understand all the feelings and internal processes I'm going through, it helped me understand what my spouse is going through, a probable reason why she left me (down to listing the very phrases she used when she dumped me- scary...), and helped me identify areas of my personality that need to be worked on - areas that make the pain so much worse if left as they are.

I'm still not through the rebuilding process, but I do see the light at the end of the tunnel, and thanks to the "Rebuilding" book it isn't the headlight of an approaching train, but the real opening to my new life. Through the entire process this far, whenever I felt lost in grief, anger, loneliness, denial, or any of the other stages, I have turned to Fishers incredible book for support, explanations, and suggestions of ways of using the pain in productive ways.

I've always been sceptical towards anybody speaking about the "inner child" or how our childhood influences everything, and though the "Rebuilding" book speaks quite a lot of these concepts, it is so light-strikingly accurate in describing what I feel, and the suggestions it gives are so very helpful that I cannot hold it against it.

I would recommend _anyone_ going through a separation or divorce to read this book. You can do it by yourself, but by reading "Rebuilding" it will be quicker, probably give better results, and you will make use of your pain instead of just letting it destroy you.