Profile for Dan > Reviews

GoPro LCD Bacpac
GoPro LCD Bacpac
Offered by PANDY
Price: 76.99

3.0 out of 5 stars LCD BacPac - great screen but DO NOT TRY AND CLEAN CASE, 6 April 2012
This review is from: GoPro LCD Bacpac (Camera)
The LCD BacPac is a great addition to the GoPro. It makes it a little heavier that can cause problems depending on how/where you have it mounted. It has made using our GoPro a lot easier and the ability to review video you've just shot is worthy of 5 stars alone.

So why the 3 stars? The new housing backs that are included in the pack are so easy to scratch it is unbelievable. I noticed some smears and dust on the inside of the case back I was using so I tried to clean it. I used a rocket blower air blower to remove the dust then a fine micro fibre cloth that I use to clean my other camera equipment. I was amazed when after some very light cleaning the screen was incredibly scratched and marked. If you buy this then DO NOT TRY AND CLEAN THE INSIDE OF THE CASING, you will scratch it and then it will be very difficult to use the screen properly, especially in sunlight.

Luckily there are other case backs provided, but my standard non-waterproof one is now pretty useless. To get an idea of how easily it scratches take the inside back door of your current GoPro housing and wipe it lightly with a micro fibre cloth, you'll see it scratch straight away.

Would I buy this again - yes, but I would definitely not clean the case. I hope this review helps others not experience the problems I have with this otherwise excellent product.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 27, 2013 10:47 AM GMT