Profile for Minnie Mouse > Reviews

Content by Minnie Mouse

Minnie Mouse (Wexford, Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
Natures Menu Adult Cat 12 x 100g Pouches of Food - Chicken & Turkey
Natures Menu Adult Cat 12 x 100g Pouches of Food - Chicken & Turkey
Offered by Pets Galore Coulsdon Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars ... reviews because I have 4 cats and they all like this. The two younger ones lick the plate ..., 2 Aug 2014
Quite surprised at the reviews because I have 4 cats and they all like this. The two younger ones lick the plate clean. I think it is very good quality food. The chicken and turkey doesn't smell that strongly (in my opinion), the chicken with salmon and tuna does have a very strong salmon smell though - 3 of the cats love it but one isn't keen (prefers Bozita). Cats just like different things and it doesn't necessarily meat that the food is rubbish. I would buy it more often but over here is very expensive - I think I paid 11.95 euros in the pet store. Tried the raw Natures Menu - 2 of the cats love it (one hoovers it up and then tries to eat the other's), one will try a bit but perfers his Animonda Carny and the fourth sniffs it and walks away.

Greenies Feline Pill Pockets Salmon 1.6oz
Greenies Feline Pill Pockets Salmon 1.6oz
Offered by Pet Supply Company USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 24 Nov 2013
I get these for my mum and dad's cat who is on a tablet every morning for his kidney disease. Mum swears he virtually asks for his tablet now and its become a daily treat.

CatIt Senses Play Circuit
CatIt Senses Play Circuit

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 April 2013
This review is from: CatIt Senses Play Circuit (Misc.)
I bought this for my kitten a few months ago and she still loves it. She plays with it in short bursts when she is in the mood - usually I'll be in another room and I'll hear the little ball going around the track (there is one in which the ball lights up - keep thinking about getting that too). She plays with all sorts of toys - the little tiny mice toys are another favourite but so are shiny sweet wrappers. The advantage of this though, is that the ball doesn't get "lost" under furniture thereby spoiling her game. I have another female older cat (6year) who has shown zero interest however, so it does depend on the cat. My mum and dad have a 10 year old male cat who also has one of these and he plays with it like a kitten so its not necessarily down to the age of the cat either. I was so impressed with this that I've ordered the Trixie play board. I'll be honest, before I bought the little track/play circuit I would never have thought any cat would be that interested in it (or any of these toys) but it was cheap enough and I though "ah what the hell, give it a go". I'm glad I did, I has been a success. Just waiting to see how the activity board goes down with them now.
One other thing. Sometimes when the kitten is in the garden and won't come in when I call her all I have to do is stand at the patio doors and roll the ball in the track a couple of times and she zooms into the house (shaking a box of treats also works).

Marco Tozzi 2-2-25538-29 Women's Knee High Boots
Marco Tozzi 2-2-25538-29 Women's Knee High Boots

5.0 out of 5 stars Love them, 21 Oct 2012
Bought these yesterday (not from Amazon but a local department store and in tan, not black) and they are so flattering. Really pleased with them. I only looked on Amazon out of curiosity to see whether I could have got them any cheaper, although having said that I'm not sure if I'd have bought them without trying them on (I know, you can return them, but its a bit of a pain).
As a guide to fit, my calf size is 14 1/2 inches (well actually 14" left leg and 14 1/2" right leg) and they fit snugly over my jeans without being tight. I have quite broad feet (when I was a kid it was was a case of whatever G fitting the local Clarks shop had in stock). My shoe size is four to four and a half but for trainers or boots I always get a five (or a 38 as these are)and they fit very comfortably.
The leather is so soft and beautiful. I paid 140euro minus 10% (mid season sale)so I think the price is pretty similar.

Black & Decker GLC1825L 18V Lithium Ion Trim and Edge Reflex Auto Line Feed Strimmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 28 July 2012
Bought this for my dad for his birthday (he is 81) - he loves his garden and specifically wanted a cordless strimmer. I have no idea regarding these things but he keeps telling me how great it is. What can I say. My dad would recommend it!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 16, 2013 7:49 PM BST

A Guided Meditation (Divinity)
A Guided Meditation (Divinity)
by Glenn Harrold
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for your physical health too, 23 Mar 2012
I bought this ages ago (7years ago I think) and the first time I played it, I will admit, I didn't like his voice. A bit too Del Boy to take really seriously. Anyway I used it a few times and it was OK - I wouldn't call it a meditation by my understanding but it is a good relaxation CD. Also it uses a lot of visualization and I'm really rubbish at that sort of thing.
Lately I've been under quite a bit of work related stress with various stress related symptoms - in particular raised blood pressure. So, I was looking on different websites for ways to deal with work related stress and on one site I saw Glenn Harrold's name mentioned and thought "I'm sure I have one of his CDs", and after a lot of rummaging I found it.
I've been listening to it for a few days now and on one of the days I was also wearing a 24hour BP monitor. I did two of the 1/2 hour meditations (one in my lunch break and one in the evening) and I am amazed at the effect it had on my blood pressure. From typical readings of 140/95 (while I was working) my BP when I meditated was on average 105/70. Maybe all meditation will do this - it just happened that it was this particular CD I was using on that particular day when I had the monitor on. On this basis I give it 5 stars and hope that if I keep using it will improve my BP the whole time and not just when I meditate.

Catit Fresh & Clear Small Drinking Cat Water Fountain
Catit Fresh & Clear Small Drinking Cat Water Fountain

3.0 out of 5 stars Before you buy....try this, 11 Sep 2011
I bought this, as I think most people did, to get my cats to drink more. I have 2 cats, the oldest is almost 11 and I had never seen her drink the water in the bowls in the house. She will happily go out into the garden and drink from the bird bath or any puddle no matter how green or dirty. I was having to go out to create clean "watering holes" in the garden for her to drink from. I read the reviews for the water fountain and saw the videos on youtube of cats having great fun drinking from and playing with the water fountain so I ordered one. The product is fine, its easy to put together and the price is OK. You will need to buy spare filters to change every month or so. Unfortunately my timid little cat wouldn't go near it (as another reviewer had found some cats are just frightened of it). My other younger bolder cat used it once and ignored it after that. What I did discover later is that cats don't like their water bowls placed near their food (I've had cats for 20 years and never knew this) - I found this out from a book by Pam Johnson Bennett called Cat Vs Cat. I now have two water bowls, one in the living room and one in the kitchen well away from where they eat and, miracle of miracles, I regularly see both cats drinking in the house.
It sounds so simple and I was sceptical about this making any difference but for me it has. Before you order a water fountain try placing the water bowls in a different location (give it a week or so). If that doesn't work try the fountain. If either cat had used it I would have given 5 stars because there is nothing wrong with the product per se. Unfortunately you can never second guess the little devils.
I hope this helps.

Southern Lights
Southern Lights
by Danielle Steel

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 22 Aug 2011
This review is from: Southern Lights (Paperback)
Its a long time since I have read a Danielle Steele novel. To me she has always been a good storyteller with a great imagination but this was a very lazily written book. There was little story and, what there was, was poorly put together - I did wonder was it really written by Danielle Steele or maybe a 17 year old? There wasn't a lot of substance to any of the characters who were basically "princesses", "wicked witches", "handsome princes/kings" and the "ogre".
Such a shame.

Recipes For A Perfect Marriage
Recipes For A Perfect Marriage
by Kate Kerrigan

4.0 out of 5 stars Not the usual, 24 April 2011
I really enjoyed reading this book. One of the other reviewers likened it to a lovely cup of tea and thats exactly right. I don't know if this falls into to the category of "chick-lit" - usually I avoid those types of novels (I can't bear the silly/ shopaholic/annoying/perfect characters). This one is different. The characters are "real" - Kate Kerrigan must be a great observer of people. I could recognize people I know, family, myself (usually when Tressa was being a cow!). It will make you think about love and life and whats real and whats illusion (or delusion).
It won't be everyones "cup of tea" and not every reader will agree with the premise of the book. You wouldn't call it action packed but it is a comfort read and the recipes look pretty good too! I would have given 5 stars but I kind of felt that Tressa and Bernadine kind of morphed into the same character towards the end of the book which I didn't feel at the start.
Looking forward to more from Kate Kerrigan

Green Darkness
Green Darkness
by Anya Seton

1.0 out of 5 stars Dreadful, 8 April 2010
This review is from: Green Darkness (Paperback)
I don't think I can do justice to how awful this book is. From the first few pages I began to doubt the positive reviews that convinced me to buy it (that and the fact that "Katherine" by Anya Seton IS a great book). The characters are mostly unlikeable and, judging by the dialogue, I get the impression that the author has a bee in her bonnet about British attitudes to Americans and foreigners in general. It was partly set in 1968 so maybe it just reflected the times but I found it uncomfortable. I was hoping it would get better when the "Tudor" part of the book began. It did slightly but not enough for me to continue reading. I gave up I'm afraid. It probably didn't help that I started this right after reading a really excellent book - "Portrait of an Unknown Woman" (roughly the same period in history but in a totally different league altogether).
For a good read that combines the theme of reincarnation and Anne Boleyn could I recommend Threads by Nell Gavin.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 8, 2014 4:39 PM GMT