Profile for Callum Kerr > Reviews

Content by Callum Kerr

Callum Kerr "Xbox 360 Guru" (Scotland)

Page: 1 | 2
Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens
Canon EF 50 mm f/1.8 II Lens
Price: 76.56

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bit of kit for beginners, 10 Oct 2013
This is an excellent little lens that is essential for anyone looking to photograph in low light conditions or take portraits. It will take you some time to perfect your images, but it's well worth the effort.

A lot of people criticised the quality of the lens. While it's nowhere near the same build as my other lenses, it is significantly cheaper, and near enough 200 sort of the closest alternative. People saying that it's flimsy is definitely an exaggeration, it's still good. On another note, please remember that because it's a 50mm lens, your field of view will be reduced, so you'll need to take a few steps back.

My ultimate advice is buy this lens if it's something you want to "try out". If you really like it, save up and move up to a better lens.

Overall, a fantastic bit of kit and well worth the money spent on it. It will open a whole new world of photography to you.

Digital Photo Frame DPF-D80 black
Digital Photo Frame DPF-D80 black

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 28 Dec 2010
This product is outstanding. The screen is bright and clear, images look accurate and crisp which is often something photo frames lack. It has a solid construction, true feeling of quality as expected from Sony.

The user interface is really easy to navigate, and the remote control is great - not too small, not too big. I'd recommend this product if you're looking for a stunning gift, or a modern addition to your lifestyle.

Full 10/10 from me, and my mother is delighted.

Netgear XE102 14Mbps Powerline Ethernet Adapter
Netgear XE102 14Mbps Powerline Ethernet Adapter

5.0 out of 5 stars WARNING! CONTAINS ONLY ONE ITEM!, 12 Oct 2010
I purchased this item, expecting a pair but I was horrified to find that there is only one in the box. This was not made clear on the page. I went and bought another one from my local PC World and it worked a treat. Great for replacing a wireless connection!

Beginning iPhone 3 Development: Exploring the iPhone SDK
Beginning iPhone 3 Development: Exploring the iPhone SDK
by Dave Mark
Price: 23.69

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, but not for beginners..., 24 Mar 2010
I know that it say's "Beginning iPhone 3 Development", it does but it assumes a working knowledge of Objective C programming. Before buying this book, get a hold of a book that starts you purely on beginning Objective C, then buy this book and sink your teeth into it.

It's well written, clear code examples and fantastic "build your own" sample apps. 100% recommended for anyone starting iPhone development!

Note: This book does not cover any aspects of the iPad.

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (Xbox 360)
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 12.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit different from what I was expecting..., 14 Jan 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is not an arcade game! If you don't like COD's physics and gameplay because you think it's too realistic then don't bother with this one, because it is a proper "simulator". You are given control of groups of soldiers and you give them orders, shoot people and blow stuff up. That's about it really, but it is still a great game, took me about 10 hours on Normal so it's worth 20. I have not tried multiplayer yet so I can't talk about that...

Overall, very well done game, but the AI on both sides could have been better. Recommended for people looking for a proper "warfare" game or if you are just sick of hearing 12 year old's squealing through your headset when you beat them in Call Of Duty...

Heinemann Higher Mathematics Student Book, 2nd edition
Heinemann Higher Mathematics Student Book, 2nd edition
by Ms David Clarke
Price: 18.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Been recommended by several people., 14 Jan 2010
After a few days of use I am delighted with this book. It's well written, bright and easy to read.

Philips LivingColors 69150/30/PU LED Mood Light - Mini - Black
Philips LivingColors 69150/30/PU LED Mood Light - Mini - Black
Price: 47.53

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it to bits!, 14 Jan 2010
I have an obsession with lighting, I always have for some reason... The second I saw this I bought I fell in love with it. It came in two days, (a day early, the first time ever with me) and I don't think I have been so excited about opening up an Amazon box. The product is well packaged. The light is presented in a black bag, I don't know why but I suppose it is a 'luxury' product...

The little devil gives off a really good amount of light, enough to light up the full room. I placed it in the corner of my room so it shines up two walls and it gives off a very nice effect. I like my room to be dimly light but at the same time being bright and cheerful (if that makes sense?) This light solves that problem and is a real aid to my eyes when I am crunching away at my software development projects.

I would recommend this product to someone who is looking for an ambient light solution and not wanting something too intrusive. It would probably work well in the home in a TV lounge or dining room, or at work on your desk or in your office. Sure, 85 is a bit steep but in my opinion, it is worth every penny. I'll definitely be looking for another one in he near future!

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox 360)
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Super-bargains
Price: 14.99

2.0 out of 5 stars Not worth 39.99, 27 Dec 2009
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
I have been disappointed with MW1, World at War and MW2 is no different. There is no 'wow' factor in the gameplay, graphics, physics or AI; it seems rushed. I feel that the developers have ripped me off, it's a poor game and I am very disappointed. Again. This will be the last COD game I buy I think, three times and you're out.

Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360)
Grand Theft Auto IV (Xbox 360)
Offered by Game Trade Online
Price: 11.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 19 Sep 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The game play is fantastic, graphics are excellent and the physics seem to make it look and feel real: the damage system is outstanding, and car handling is incredibly realistic.

Troy [HD DVD]
Troy [HD DVD]
Dvd ~ Brad Pitt
Offered by FUNTIME MEDIA
Price: 2.93

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 19 Sep 2009
This review is from: Troy [HD DVD] (HD DVD)
The quality is fantastic, I could not ask for more. HD-DVD should have remained, in my opinion it is far superior.

Page: 1 | 2