Profile for Peter B > Reviews

Content by Peter B

Peter B "Brammy" (Paderborn, Germany)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Samsung SE-208DB/TSBS Slim Portable External USB 2.0 DVDRW - Black
Samsung SE-208DB/TSBS Slim Portable External USB 2.0 DVDRW - Black
Offered by Take a Bite

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job perfectly, at a great price., 14 Oct 2014
I was astonished at how well this works for the price. It feels a bit flimsy, but it does its job perfectly. The audio on my internal laptop DVD drive was horribly distorted and intermittent and I wondered whether it was software or driver related. But it's perfect on this.

The Complete Farmhouse Kitchen Cookbook
The Complete Farmhouse Kitchen Cookbook
by Mary Watts

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb - now one of my favourite cookbooks., 14 Oct 2014
I have more cookery books than any other kind, but this is now one of my favourites. Full of good farmhouse recipes - even beers, wines and cordials. Superb.

2 Phono (RCA Male) to 1/4" (6.35mm) Mono Jack Lead (Pro Audio Cable) 6m 20ft
2 Phono (RCA Male) to 1/4" (6.35mm) Mono Jack Lead (Pro Audio Cable) 6m 20ft
Offered by Dangleberry Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality., 14 Oct 2014
Superb quality.

A Sparrow Falls (The Courtneys Book 3)
A Sparrow Falls (The Courtneys Book 3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking good story with lots of action, 14 Oct 2014
Vintage Wilbur Smith. Cracking good story with lots of action, although the outcomes were often predictable. To be honest, I did skip a few pages here and there without really losing anything, but I think it may have been because I was too impatient to find out what happened next! Highly recommended.

Fat Chance
Fat Chance

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, only mildly amusing., 14 Oct 2014
This review is from: Fat Chance (Kindle Edition)
Disappointing, only very mildly amusing, and spoilt by the unnecessary use of the f-word and even the c-word,which I think was meant to come across as a bit trendy. So what could have been hilarious as described in the promotional material, was certainly not. The wife's diary entries are identical in style and language to that of the husband's, so it was all too obviously written by the same (male) author. I am generally considered to have a very good sense of humour, but this book fell short for me.

Rugby Union Basics In A Day For Dummies
Rugby Union Basics In A Day For Dummies

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect For Me, 26 Feb 2014
I love rugby, but always felt a bit of a dummy when watching games with my rugby-playing son or others. This is an easy book to read and absolutely ideal for somebody who, like me, wants to know some basics about positions, roles, scrums, rucks and mauls, etc. I now impress my wife when watching, with knowledgeable remarks about the game, and that is very satisfying!

The Air I Breathe: Worship as a Way of Life
The Air I Breathe: Worship as a Way of Life

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little book., 9 May 2013
When I first looked at it, it seemed that everything worthwhile was said in the first chapter, and that from there on it was just going to be filler material. But I was wrong. The book was very thought-provoking, and made me understand what worship really is or should be. We unconsciously worship all manner of things and people, but do we lead God-focused worshipful lives? We ended up using the book over about 5 weeks in our Bible study, to tackle the whole topic of worship and it was very challenging in light of all our deficiencies. Recommended.

Veggie Tales God made you Special Region 2
Veggie Tales God made you Special Region 2
Offered by WesleyOwen Koorong

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 9 May 2013
Like Tales from the Crisper, I found this to be simplistic with dated animation, unlike the Jonah DVD which was very good. As with the Crisper, it would be OK played as a Sunday School lesson for the very young, but not great for entertainment.

Veggie Tales Tales from The Crisper Region 2
Veggie Tales Tales from The Crisper Region 2
Offered by re-vived

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing with dated animation., 9 May 2013
After recently watching the Jonah Veggie Tales DVD which was most enjoyable with lots of action, I found this one rather simplistic, with dated animation. It was like watching a Sunday School class, which I suppose is OK for the very young but not what we needed.

4 Collection - Hans Christian Anderson's Classic Fairy Tales: The Little Mermaid; The Ugly Duckling; The Emperor's New Clothes; The Princess & the Pea [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little book on worship., 15 Feb 2013
After reading the first chapter, I thought there was little more to be said and I found myself wondering why chapter 2 was even included, as it seemed more like a Gospel message. But the reason became clear later - this is part of WHY God deserves our worship. The term 'worship'is one which easily trips from the tongue, but is not so easily defined and is probably even misunderstood. This little book splendidly defines and discusses it in simple terms without using a whole lot of deep terminology, and we ended up using it as a basis for a Bible study on the subject. Recommended.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3