Profile for FM > Reviews

Content by FM

FM

Karrimor Mens Nevada Athletic and Outdoor Sandals K704-GRD-157 Grey/Red 10 UK, 44 EU, 11 US
Price: 37.07

4.0 out of 5 stars So close to perfect..., 1 July 2014
I was looking for a closed-toe sandal with as close to a zero-drop heel as possible. I would have gone the Keen route yet again but I really wanted a minimal heel. These Karrimors are as close to flat as I've found which for me is a step up on almost every other sandal out there.

Once you get these on, they're instantly comfortable but there's the challenge - getting them on. The opening where you're supposed to slide your foot through was just too small for me. I persevered and managed to get them on but could hear some stitching around the heel strap make snapping sounds - they look fine and I can't see any damaged stitching and now I can put them on and take them off with ease. A little elastic or clasp around the heel strap would easily have sorted this out in what otherwise is a perfect day-to-day sandal.

I've been wearing these every day for the last week - walking about 90 mins each day and comfort and fit are spot on.

Fat Chance: The bitter truth about sugar
Fat Chance: The bitter truth about sugar
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read - Compelling Blend of Science & Narrative, 30 May 2013
If you've read Gary Taubes, Michael Pollan or similar, you'll be already familiar with some of the key points in Lustig's book. If not, this book is a great way to get up-to-speed on the science, politics and economics behind the obesity epidemic. I am personally biased towards a more paleo-informed way of living so Lustig's work was preaching to the converted in my case. What Lustig's book does best is calmly and coherently dig deeply into the factors that led to the emergence of obesity/diabetes/metabolic syndrome as a pandemic but does so in a highly-readable yet informative manner.

Japanese Incense - 1000 Years of Wisdom Short Roll
Japanese Incense - 1000 Years of Wisdom Short Roll
Offered by Zen Minded
Price: 4.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Quality & Value Japanese Incense, 12 April 2013
Excellent price for decent quality incense. Distinct but yet not overpowering scent. Will definitely buy again when I run out.

SET of 12 Shapes Decorative Cardmaking Craft HOLE PUNCH
SET of 12 Shapes Decorative Cardmaking Craft HOLE PUNCH
Offered by Concept4U (UK)
Price: 22.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Small but Sturdy Hole Punches, 12 April 2013
Very well made. Sharp punches leaving neat and clear punched out shapes. They should last a lifetime if well treated.