Profile for J. Mason > Reviews

The Mystical Life of Jesus: An Uncommon Perspective on the Life of Jesus Christ
by Sylvia Browne
Price: 10.62

5.0 out of 5 stars controversial but makes sense, 30 Jan 2007
I am truly grateful that this book has been written. It is a wonderful account of the life of Jesus. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to know more about this remarkable man, and is willing to view his life from a psychic's perspective. I feel closer to the Jesus I met in this book than I have to Jesus portrayed anywhere else. Jesus comes across as a real person in this book and not a distant historical figure, and yet his Divinity and spirituality are not reduced by this. Sylvia Browne feels this book is Divinely inspired and is the truth about Christ and having read it, I agree. The man in these pages really is and deserves to be, one of the greatest role models humanity has ever had.

Daily Guidance From Your Angels: 365 Angelic Messages...: Oracle Cards
Daily Guidance From Your Angels: 365 Angelic Messages...: Oracle Cards
by Doreen Virtue PhD
Edition: Cards
Price: 9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars practical answers, 16 Dec 2006
All of Doreen Virtue's oracle cards are beautiful and accurate and these are no exception. This deck is entitled Daily Guidance from your Angels and I find that the messages it contains are very practical and could be easily remembered and applied to everday life. Basically I would recommend them to anyone who needs clarity on any issue.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2008 1:30 PM GMT

Hasty Death: An Edwardian Murder Mystery (Edwardian Murder Mysteries)
Hasty Death: An Edwardian Murder Mystery (Edwardian Murder Mysteries)
by Marion Chesney

5.0 out of 5 stars really enjoyable, 22 Sep 2006
This is the second book in Edwardian Murder Mysteries, (the first is Snobbery With Violence). I find these books really easy to read and I love them. Marion Chesney is such a gifted storyteller and there is something so effortless about her writing, though I am mainly familiar with her work under the name MC Beaton, and I think those who like her Agatha Raisin and Hamish Macbeth books would enjoy this. I think its just as good.

Rita Mae Brown: Three Mrs. Murphy Mysteries: Wish You Were Here; Rest in Pieces; Murder at Monticello
by Rita Mae Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, 20 Sep 2006
This book is an omnibus of the first three books in the Mrs Murphy Mysteries series. They are very well written and I think would definitely appeal to animal and mystery lovers alike, (Mrs Murphy is a cat.) The price is brilliant for three books of this quality. Rita Mae Brown is a very clever writer, the plots are well crafted and the characterisation of humans and animals truly unique. I don't think anyone would be disappointed.

Keepsake Crimes (Scrapbooking Mystery Books)
Keepsake Crimes (Scrapbooking Mystery Books)
by Laura Childs
Price: 4.70

4.0 out of 5 stars good mystery, 24 Aug 2006
Though I can appreciate the earlier reviewer's comments on this book, it is the first I have read by Laura Childs, the first in a new series and I actually enjoyed it. I may have lower standards but I think the mystery is good enough for it to be worth reading, and that's the only thing I would judge it on. It does take a little while to get going but I think its worth it in the end, like a lot of books.

Invitation to Murder: A Card-Making Mystery (Signet Mystery)
Invitation to Murder: A Card-Making Mystery (Signet Mystery)
by Elizabeth Bright

3.0 out of 5 stars A good start, 19 Aug 2006
This is the first book of a new series. It's quite a good cosy mystery, so those who like this genre, may like this. It's worth reading because I think the mystery is good enough to keep the reader guessing a bit. It also might interest people who like making cards as the main character is a card shop owner and card making enthusiast. It's enjoyable with very likable characters.

Phenomenon: Everything you need to know about the paranormal
Phenomenon: Everything you need to know about the paranormal
by Sylvia Browne
Price: 9.92

5.0 out of 5 stars phenomenal, 17 May 2006
I felt I had to write a review of this book because I have been so amazed by it. I've read a few of Sylvia's books and being an admirer of her work already I expected it to be a good read. But I wasn't prepared for the depth and breadth of the research and her and her client's experiences. I was sceptical about the claim on the front of the book that it contained 'everything you need to know about the paranormal',but having read it cover to cover, I honestly don't think it's much of an exaggeration. This book is a must for anyone interested in separating fact from fiction, or living in unnecessary fear because of lack of knowledge about the paranormal from a trustworthy source.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5