Profile for A. Gorton > Reviews

Content by A. Gorton

A. Gorton "Drew" (Cambs,UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Hunter Slinger Umbrella with shoulder strap in black
Hunter Slinger Umbrella with shoulder strap in black
Offered by The Umbrella Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality umbrella, 14 Feb 2014
Even though I bought this item direct from Hunter it deserves a decent review. A good quality and well made umbrella. I've been looking for a mens umbrella with an over the shoulder strap for a while now as I hate carrying an umbrella and have lost so many as I put them down when paying for something. It's just a bit smaller than a golf umbrella but has a big enough canopy when opened.

Ted Baker iPhone 4S Pouch Sleeve Sock Cover - Leather Style PU Pleather - Brown with Spacemen lining

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than a plastic case, 20 Nov 2013
This is cheap enough and has lasted me much longer than any of the plastic cases I had previously. I would recommend.

Asics Men's Jacket Det Sleeves - True Red, Medium
Asics Men's Jacket Det Sleeves - True Red, Medium

4.0 out of 5 stars Fitted but a nice running jacket, 20 Nov 2013
Other reviewers are right about the pulling under the arms. I ordered a medium but would normally select a small and even the medium is a bit snug under the arms, but it's comfortable enough for me not to return it. Great for keeping the cold wind out, nice material also. I also agree that the wrists could do with elasticated bands as they are quite open.

ADIDAS Training Essential Functional Tank Shirt, Größe Adidas:M
ADIDAS Training Essential Functional Tank Shirt, Größe Adidas:M
Offered by Kick and Rush Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, 20 Nov 2013
These tops are great for wicking sweat away from you during a workout. Lightweight and washes very well. Would recommend.

Withings Pulse Wireless Activity and Heart Rate Tracker - Black
Withings Pulse Wireless Activity and Heart Rate Tracker - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Withings Geek!, 21 Aug 2013
I bought a pair of Withings body scales about 2 years ago, followed by the blood pressure monitor and my Withings Pulse arrived today! These gadgets along with their online apps have helped me keep on track with my weight loss and new lifestyle goals (6 stone lost over 2 years). I've given the 'Pulse' a good test so far and have almost reached the goal of 10,000 steps for the day (helped by a visit to the gym treadmill)! Nifty little size and easy to use and synch. I'll be taking it to bed tonight to see how it records my sleep pattern.

Timberland Men's Radler Trail Low Approach Climbing Boot
Timberland Men's Radler Trail Low Approach Climbing Boot

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy, smart and BLUE!, 17 Oct 2012
I seem to buy only Timberland shoes these days.....and for good reason. This shoe is comfortable, well made, very lightweight and comes in this funky blue suede. The sizing is spot on too, I'm a size 10 and it fits perfectly. It's true that you get what you pay for. I expect this shoe to last years like my other Timberland shoes and boots.

Beginners Get . . . Sorted: Over 140 simple, tasty recipes that take the fuss out of food
by Ben Ebbrell

5.0 out of 5 stars Also good for the experienced cook, 2 Sep 2012
Whilst this book is good for students and those new to cooking it's also great for established cooks, like me! I wish I had this 20 years ago when I first went to uni, but I consider myself to be quite the good cook these days and this is why I like this book so much, because it includes the kind of recipes that you just want to cook, regardless of skill. If you haven't seen these guys on YouTube then you must, I can see them making the transition to TV anytime soon (I'm thinking BBC 2 :-)

Apple Magic Trackpad
Apple Magic Trackpad
Offered by Handy Zentral

5.0 out of 5 stars The mouse is so....2010!, 28 Dec 2010
This review is from: Apple Magic Trackpad (Accessory)
Having used a mouse on all previous computers I was not expecting the Trackpad to be so much of a revelation, I was wrong. Without sounding nerdy it really does become an unconscious extension of you, once you have decided which commands to assign to the device you find yourself working that much faster. I agree that for precision work (such as CAD or Photoshop) you will still need the mouse, but for everything else the Trackpad will serve you well.

GEAR4 ProControl - Dock with 16 Button Remote & AV Connection Kit for all iPods
GEAR4 ProControl - Dock with 16 Button Remote & AV Connection Kit for all iPods

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, 26 Sep 2008
Not a bad gadget but the remote control is very clunky and cheap. There is also limited functionality with the remote. If all you want is to play your Ipod through your amp or tv then this is fine as an entry level Ipod accessory. I suggest you look at Ipod docks as they provide a great alternative.

Magimix Nespresso M200 Automatic Coffee Maker, Satin
Magimix Nespresso M200 Automatic Coffee Maker, Satin

5.0 out of 5 stars A coffee gem!, 26 Sep 2008
I had a Gaggia Cubika which looked great but made inconsistent quality coffee. Having discovered the Magimix Nespresso M200 auto my love for good coffee is finally fulfilled! I risk having a caffiene overdose as the coffee is that good. You notice it most when you find yourself out and about and decide to buy a coffee (from a well known coffee house!). Nespresso is much better!
The freshness of Nespresso and the great crema make this coffee and machine a must buy.
In addition to great espresso and cappuccino you will also discover the 'lungo' which is a lovely long coffee.

Page: 1 | 2