Profile for AV > Reviews

Content by AV

AV

Large Black Slate Cheese Board, Plain Design.
Large Black Slate Cheese Board, Plain Design.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Gift, 25 Nov 2012
I ordered this slate cheeseboard as a gift and am very happy that I chose this one as it is beautifully gift packaged. The product itself is very good quality - of good size and thickness. The protective feet on the base are an excellent idea and I have not seen this on others. I would certainly purchase again.

Bialetti Elegance Venus Induction 6  Cup Stainless Steel Espresso Maker
Bialetti Elegance Venus Induction 6 Cup Stainless Steel Espresso Maker

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Expresso Coffee Maker, 25 Nov 2012
The Bialetti stainless steel espresso stove top coffee makers are excellent quality - I also own a 4 cup in Australia. I would never use an aluminium one because I've seen how the internal stems gradually dissolve over time...into your coffee! I purchased this larger one for an extended stay with family in the UK. I was worried about this being able to work on an ordinary electric stove top as I have gas in Australia, but have discovered that it works fine. I've been using stove top coffee makers for years and have developed a 'method' for the coffee we like (I make strong coffee to which I add hot milk latte style). Bialetti advises putting the coffee in the funnel without pressing it down (tamping) but I have found that if you want a strong, rich brew tamping the coffee lightly helps. Use coffee that is roasted and ground specifically for espresso making (or if grinding yourself, do not grind too fine). Using boiling water from the kettle instead of cold improves flavour. Be careful though as the pot gets very hot - use a cloth or oven glove to screw the top back on to the boiler. Brew on a medium low heat and do not 'over brew' as the coffee will burn and taste bitter: remove from heat when you hear the 'gurgling' sound. Another thing to remember is to prime your new expresso maker by brewing coffee in it several times and discarding. In any case, flavour improves with use! For our type of coffee I have found that the 6 cup size will make about 3-4 mugs latte style whereas the 4 cup makes about 2-3.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 23, 2013 11:35 AM BST

Jason Cosmetics Sea Fresh Natural Sea Sourced Toothpaste (170g, Fluoride Free)
Jason Cosmetics Sea Fresh Natural Sea Sourced Toothpaste (170g, Fluoride Free)
Offered by Superfooduk

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Natural Toothpaste, 25 Nov 2012
I have been using this toothpaste for the last few years since discovering it while living in the USA. I cannot buy it in Australia where I live, so whenever I am back in the UK visiting family I buy a few tubes if it from Amazon to take back with me.
I've tried lots of flouride free toothpastes and this one is by far my favourite...it's not too strong in flavour and cleans my teeth really well. You only need to use a small amount so a tube lasts a long time. My dentist has had to reconsider her position on non-flouride toothpaste because my teeth are in such good condition!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Latex Pillow with Softer Feel, 25 Nov 2012
I ordered this pillow for allergy reasons and also because it is made from natural Talalay latex described as 'previously used by suppliers such as Dunlopillo'. Having done a lot of research into types of latex pillow and having owned one before, I didn't want one that was too firm (apparently the more recently produced Dunlopillos are much firmer). This one sounded like it might fit the bill...and it does! I am small in stature and a side sleeper, so it is important that the pillow is not too high. Since the pillow is not too firm, the height suits me perfectly and is very comfortable. I highly recommend this pillow to anyone looking for a softer latex pillow that gives a lower profile.