Profile for Robert P. Shaw > Reviews

Content by Robert P. Shaw

Robert P. Shaw "Bob Shaw" (Glasgow, UK)

Page: 1 | 2
CamRepublic® NEW Prop Guards for DJI Phantom Propeller Guards Blades Protectors Prop Guards Anti Vibration (Set of 4)
Offered by CamRepublic

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this!, 17 July 2014
I simply wouldn't fly without them - they save people and things from damage, and stop the props from suffering nicks during casual landing accidents!

Polaroid Optics 52mm HD Multi Coated Glass 4 Piece Filter Set (UV, CPL, FLD, WARMING)
Offered by Smart Shop UK

5.0 out of 5 stars but I'm more than satisfied with what are effectively throw-away filters, 17 July 2014
Cheap and cheerful, basically you get four filters for less than the price of one! I don't know whether I'll use them all, but I'm more than satisfied with what are effectively throw-away filters.

3 in 1 Mini DisplayPort to HDMI DVI DisplayPort Cable Adapter for Apple MacBook
3 in 1 Mini DisplayPort to HDMI DVI DisplayPort Cable Adapter for Apple MacBook
Offered by ariic-shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 13 May 2014
It does what it says on the box and with zero fuss. What more could you want? No problems at all!

E-PRANCE New Mini 0801 Original Ambarella A2S60 Chip 5M pixel CMOS Car DVR Recorder With High Resolution Full HD 1080P 30 FPS, OV2710 G-sensor + Car License Plate + H.264 + 135 Degree Wide Angle View,Support HDMI/TV Out
Offered by EPRANCE

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 13 May 2014

Anvil Mens Heavyweight T-Shirt Hot Pink 2XL
Anvil Mens Heavyweight T-Shirt Hot Pink 2XL
Offered by Olympus Clothing Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Pink! Pink! Pink!, 11 April 2014
The pinkest T-Shirt I could find, hideous to the point of eye-damage. All in all, an excellent purchase and one which I will enjoy wearing just to upset people. Pink! PINK! P I N K !!!

Apple iPod nano 16GB, 7th Generation - Pink
Apple iPod nano 16GB, 7th Generation - Pink
Offered by Upscale Gifts

5.0 out of 5 stars It just works, 11 April 2014
The usual no-nonsense Apple product, which simply works as described. And is really quite pink, but it wasn't for me... ...honest. Trust me, I'm a man on the WWW, and they *never* lie. Oh, no. Never, ever. Not at all. Well, yes.

The Weirdstone of Brisingamen
The Weirdstone of Brisingamen
by Alan Garner

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book for all ages, 11 April 2014
What can i say? As a child, I was first introduced to Alan Garner by a scary BBC Home Service adaptation in 1963. The fascination has remained into adulthood - this is not a children's book, but an entirely adult book which children may easily read. The Moon of Gomrath is equally readable, though the third novel in the series seems to be more adult-only than the first two (a pity, but I'll be reading it soon!).

This edition was bought as a gift for the children who live next door - far better for the girls than more pink garbage!

CaseGuru Knitted Socks Case For iPod Nano 7G, Nano 6G, Nano 5G, Nano 4G and Nano 2G (Cherry Red)
Offered by Case Guru

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 11 April 2014
That is all, just perfect. Oh, and very, very, silly... ...not bought for me but for my girly daughter. Honest. No, really! Would I lie?

Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Magnificent Desolation: Walking on the Moon [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Tom Hanks

5.0 out of 5 stars I want more, 15 Mar 2012
Hanks is a space geek, and this lovingly-crafted little film reflects his enthusiasm and his thoughtful commitment to the celebration of the Apollo missions to our nearest neighbour. It is, clearly, propaganda, designed to enamour a new generation (or two!) with the exploration of the Moon. It pulls no punches, tugging at our heart-strings and offering genuine heroes for children of all ages.

I never saw it at an IMAX movie theatre, but perhaps one day I will. In the meantime, this is an excellent second best. Watch out for the Apollo 15 landing sequence, where you fly along beside the wheezing, banging LM as it hurtles toward a pin-point landing.

Ah, the dear, lost Moon!

I do hope some of the kids who see this film get to go there, someday...

Monarch of the Moon & Destination Mars [DVD] [2005] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Blane Wheatley
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars Silly fun!, 15 Mar 2012
A lovingly-crafted pastiche of z-grade skiffy at it's mind-numbing worst! I laughed, I cried, I did the other thing which I ought not to mention in mixed company. Or company.

These films are really, really bad, jaw-droppingly so at times, with absolutely no redeeming features other than being mercifully short. These are not negative observations, but are, I suspect, *exactly* the sort of responses which the energetic sickos behind these dreadful, dreadful motion pictures sought when they chose to inflict their horrid film-making 'skills' on an innocent world.

Well done, and please keep up the bad work!

Page: 1 | 2