Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
ESYNiC DAC Digital Optical Coaxial Toslink to Analog Stereo RCA Audio Converter - Digital to Analogue Audio Converter PS3 XBox 360 HDTV Blu RAY DVD Sky HD Amazon Fire TV Box
Offered by EsynicDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says, 30 Nov. 2015
This product solved the issue of connecting a modern digital TV to our old analogue amplifier and speakers, and saved us the cost of buying a sound bar. It was delivered promptly and was a reasonable price. Very happy with this solution.

Cold Black
Cold Black

2.0 out of 5 stars The story was quite good although I found it tricky to remember who was ..., 2 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Cold Black (Kindle Edition)
The story was quite good although I found it tricky to remember who was who amongst all the Russians, Belarusians and Ukrainians.
However the book was marred throughout by truly awful grammar and spelling errors, which shouldn't be present in a book that has been purchased. The errors became so annoying that the book became quite unenjoyable to wade through. Obviously nobody had proof read this book before publishing. This should be a message to Amazon. Grammar and spellchecking software should be used as a matter of good practice, unless you use human proof readers.

Seagate Expansion 500GB USB 3.0 Portable 2.5 inch External Hard Drive for PC, Xbox One & Xbox 360
Offered by Maplin_Webdeals

2.0 out of 5 stars Drive wouldn't work with Windows 7, 15 Jun. 2014
This drive simply wouldn't work with Windows 7. Plug & Play didn't see the drive at all. I looked at several Microsoft and other forums but couldn't find a solution. Although the drive appeared to be operational, Windows wouldn't recognise it and it didn't show up as available. Unfortunately the "manual" was very unhelpful and Seagate support was non-existent so in the end I had to send the drive back. I got a similar Samsung drive that worked straight out of the box.

Bentley Garden 2.7m Metal Garden Patio Umbrella Parasol with Crank and 38mm Tilt Pole - Navy Blue
Offered by BuyDirect4U

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 15 Jun. 2014
Not the most expensive parasol, but it seems to be very well made and easy to assemble. The winding mechanism and the tilting function both work really well. All in all it was exactly what we wanted and we're very pleased with it. Delivery was very quick (next day). Happy with this purchase.

The Delphi Agenda: Lisa Emmer Historical Thriller #1 (The Lisa Emmer Series)
The Delphi Agenda: Lisa Emmer Historical Thriller #1 (The Lisa Emmer Series)

2.0 out of 5 stars Hard to get into this book, 15 Jun. 2014
I found this a difficult book to get in to, which is a problem I don't usually have. Nothing much seemed to happen for ages, and the writing style was hard to read. Overall it felt like an inferior copy of the DaVinci Code genre, without Dan Brown's writing skills. I gave up before half way through as the plot didn't hook me at all, the characters were a bit bland and some of the writing came across as a bit pompous. Sorry, it wasn't for me..
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 11, 2015 3:11 PM BST

FreeLogix - 1 PC to 2 VGA SVGA Monitor Y Splitter Cable / Lead
FreeLogix - 1 PC to 2 VGA SVGA Monitor Y Splitter Cable / Lead
Offered by TEKBOX LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says, 15 Jun. 2014
Delivered within a day and works perfectly. No complaints at all and all for a very competitive price. Quite happy with this purchase.

Snakehive Branded Laminated Leather Black Flip Case for Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini and Screen Protector

1.0 out of 5 stars Very nice case spoiled by significant fault, 15 Jun. 2014
This case is of a good quality and looks great. It fits the phone snugly and securely. However after 12 months of pretty gentle use (I'm not a phone fanatic and only use it for occasional texts) the leather catch just fell off. The failed bit actually contains the magnetic catch and so was pretty important in keeping the case securely shut, so the case isn't really fit for purpose now. In my opinion it was a pretty obvious manufacturing fault. However what really annoyed me was the response of SnakeHive who just said it must be "fair wear and tear". After just a year? Eventually they offered a discount if I bought a replacement, but I can't say I want another one if they only expect it to last 12 months of gentle use. They didn't even show an interest in seeing the failed one, and I think the company should have replaced it without arguing the toss.

Revenge
Revenge

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware - bad language throughout, 3 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Revenge (Kindle Edition)
I have enjoyed several of Martina Cole's previous books. The story lines are generally good and the characterisation is well developed. So I looked forward to this recent one, even though it was a bit expensive for a Kindle version. However from page 1 the reader is bombarded with graphic bad language. I understand the author is trying to portray East London villains accurately, but I found the incessant swearing made it an unpleasant read. The story was OK, but I'm afraid I gave up about a third of the way through. I am broad minded but I was embarrassed by the almost gratuitous use of strong bad language and in the end I just didn't want to read any more.

Snugg iPad Mini Case - The Snugg Squared² Skinny Fit Protective Case Cover for Apple iPad Mini (Black)
Offered by TheSnugg

4.0 out of 5 stars Wrong product delivered, 16 May 2013
This order was for a case for a Galaxy SIII Mini phone but the seller managed to send a case for an IPad, which was therefore useless. How can anyone can get these two confused? The size of the IPad case is a bit of a giveaway. Amazon were fine about returning it for a refund, but they advised that if I still want it I now have to start all over again and this time I have to deal with the seller direct, as Amazon apparently didn't fulfil the order. However when I purchased it, it was done entirely from within the Amazon site. I notice now the link has been changed to require purchasers to use the Snugg site. Snugg charge £3 for postage as well, which Amazon didn't. All in all it's really irritating as I waited at least a week for this item to protect my new phone, only to have to send it back and I'll now have to pay a higher cost. Very disappointed with this service, and it's most unlike purchases trhough Amazon who are normally extremely reliable and prompt.

18 May: I can now update this review. The correct product was re-shipped by Snugg within 2 days, so well done to them for that. It is well made and fits the phone exactly, with ports in the right place for camera, micro USB etc. The power switch is operated by a push button on the outside of the case, and that too works well. There's a tasteful Snugg brand name on the outside. The material will give the phone some good protection against knocks, and the case is also proud of the screen, so that will get some protection too although not as much as a flip case would offer. So overall I'm quite happy to give it 4 stars. As another reviewer has said, the grip around the long sides of the phone is a bit feeble and the phone may come out at some stage. Otherwise I'd give it five stars as a product.

Spaghetti Westerns Collection : Fistful of Dollars / For a Few Dollars More / The Good, The Bad and the Ugly [DVD]
Dvd ~ Clint Eastwood

5.0 out of 5 stars Vintage Wezzies, 19 Oct. 2011
What's there to say? Brilliant films, wonderful music, not much story, awful dubbing but absolutely ideal for a blokes night in with some beers and popcorn. I can watch them over and over again.

Page: 1 | 2