Profile for Ms. H. Davies > Reviews

Content by Ms. H. Davies

Ms. H. Davies (uk)

NSP 9'2 Surf Betty Longboard Surfboard.
NSP 9'2 Surf Betty Longboard Surfboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars great hardwearing board, 24 April 2012
This board is great for beginners, its size makes it easy to stand up on. It can be a bit tricky to get out back in big waves as you cant duck dive this board, you have to roll it. The design is funky and looks pretty retro close up because of the colours. Its nice to see a girls board that isnt pink with flowers too! Its a bit of a beast to carry as its pretty chunky and heavy but its lovely to ride so can't fault it. Would recomend to any girl looking to start longboarding.

Yoga School Dropout
Yoga School Dropout
by Lucy Edge

3.0 out of 5 stars A fun read but rather shallow, 20 Jun 2011
This review is from: Yoga School Dropout (Paperback)
I was hoping for some spiritual insight from this but it reads like a trashy chick flick. The term "ashram chic" is used a lot (need i say more?). Its an account of her travels to various ashrams and yoga retreats but lacks any real depth on her opinions of them, or what she actually learns there. Instead the focus seems to be what men she fancies and who looks better than who. In the end she seems to realise that yoga offers a lot more than a toned body but theres no real depth to it. Not necessarily a bad book, but i was really hoping there would be a bit more spirituality in it and it wasnt for me.

The Battersea Park Road to Paradise
The Battersea Park Road to Paradise
by Isabel Losada

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful book, better than The Battersea Park Road to Enlightenment, 20 Jun 2011
I got to the train station last night after work, with 10 minutes to spare so decided to read a bit more of your book as im currently addicted to it. But it wasnt there! Gone! Not in my bag! I'd left it on my desk at work. With only 9 minutes till my train I sprinted back to the office, grabbed it off my desk and ran back out, waving it in the air at the receptionist who found it all too amusing. Luckily I made it back to the station just at the train had pulled in! Damn you for nearly giving me an athsma attack but thank you for reminding me what its like to read a book that you literally cant put down.

The Babies
The Babies
by Polly Borland

4.0 out of 5 stars Interesting exploration of a little known fetish and lifestyle, 2 Oct 2010
This review is from: The Babies (Hardcover)
I purchased this book as I was also photographing the subject but from a different perspective. An interesting book but i feel that it suffers from a slight sensationalism.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2011 4:49 PM GMT

Incendiary
Incendiary
by Chris Cleave

1.0 out of 5 stars Naff and just terrible, 2 Oct 2010
This review is from: Incendiary (Paperback)
I loved Chris Cleeves book "The other hand", though found the ending a little odd, but thought this book might be even better. Honestly, i couldnt finish this book and as soon as i opened the first page and realised the entire book was written as a letter to osama bin laden i wanted to return it straight away. I then decided to read through more reviews and found a lot of people who feel the same way about this book, only wish i had seen the bad reviews aswell as the good ones as i wasted my money on this, but certainly wont waste my time reading it.

Alabama 3: Live At The Astoria - Hear The Train A'comin [DVD] [2014]
Alabama 3: Live At The Astoria - Hear The Train A'comin [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Alabama 3

3.0 out of 5 stars A3 rock live, 17 Oct 2006
This was an epic gig, though i think the quality of the film footage isnt that great. If you were there though, its definatly worth buying, especially as there are lots of crowd shots. (Me and my boyfriend made it into the inlay ;)