Profile for Paris > Reviews

The Girl Who Fell From The Sky
The Girl Who Fell From The Sky
by Simon Mawer
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent reading from an excellent story teller, 21 Dec 2013
Absolutely compelling, atmospheric and a true page turner. The ending left me feeling sad, but I was delighted that there was a recent memorial unveiled to honour these brave people.

The Baroness: The Search for Nica the Rebellious Rothschild
The Baroness: The Search for Nica the Rebellious Rothschild
Price: 4.35

3.0 out of 5 stars It's well researched . . ., 21 Dec 2013
The first part of the book about the Rothschild family was completely fascinating, I just couldn't stop reading. When it moved to Nica's later life and in particular her life with Monk, it did drag. It was interesting enough, but not compelling because it became a biography of Monk. The book is very well written and the photographs add an extra dimension. A fun thing to do is to listen to Pannonica on you tube. Good social history in respect of racism, and I did wonder if it was the inspiration for the Downton Abbey story line of Lady Rose and the jazz singer.

Takaratomy Tomica World Ferry Boat
Takaratomy Tomica World Ferry Boat
Offered by SUNRISE JAPAN
Price: 34.19

2.0 out of 5 stars I'm not overjoyed with this, 26 Nov 2013
I'm not overjoyed with this. It is a gift for my grandson and the only ferry I could find. It is cheap plastic, it really does look cheap. It no cars with it so I've had to buy some and put them in otherwise it would have looked awful. I bought it in desperation, but had I seen if in a shop I wouldn't have bought it and I wouldn't recommend it, I think it is poor value.

Me Before You
Me Before You
Price: 3.32

5.0 out of 5 stars Captivating, 1 Sep 2013
This review is from: Me Before You (Kindle Edition)
I simply couldn't put this book down. The characters are convincing and the underpinning idea not one I had understood before. We all have opinions, this book made me have a greater understanding of why some people choose certain options. All in all a great read, well written and I just want to read more of Jojo Moyes.

The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris
The Loveliest Chocolate Shop in Paris
Price: 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Quick read, 2 Jun 2013
Good solid chic lit, an easy holiday read. The characters were a little annoying, but if you know Paris, then the setting I a joy.

Character World 135 x 200 cm Disney Cars Spy Single Rotary Duvet Set
Character World 135 x 200 cm Disney Cars Spy Single Rotary Duvet Set
Offered by scificollectorshop
Price: 13.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 2 Jun 2013
A great way to make a four year old very happy. Nice bright colours make it very appealing, good value.

The Authentic Bistros Of Paris
The Authentic Bistros Of Paris
by Francois Thomazeau
Price: 7.18

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, 2 Jun 2013
These little bistros really do exist. The photos are simply delightful and would look lovely in a frame. I enjoyed seeking some of the places out on a recent visit to Paris.

Addis 5 Star Plastic Extra Large Washing Up Kitchen Sink Bowl Linen
Addis 5 Star Plastic Extra Large Washing Up Kitchen Sink Bowl Linen

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good size, 2 Jun 2013
I have a Belfast sink and struggle to find a bowl deep enough. This is a good fit, sturdy and robust. think the post and packing was too high and stopped this from being good value

The Testament of Gideon Mack
The Testament of Gideon Mack
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Makes you think, 27 Feb 2013
Definitely a thinking book, and so believable. A little too descriptive and long winded in parts, but I just had to keep reading, I had to know what happened to Gideon Mack.