Profile for A. Jackson > Reviews

Content by A. Jackson

A. Jackson "Andy" (Suffolk)

Page: 1 | 2
Mercedes Benz Key Chain with Chip
Mercedes Benz Key Chain with Chip
Offered by Baldshop

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice quality, 6 April 2016
This review is from: Mercedes Benz Key Chain with Chip
Looks good quality on my new car keys and got me a trolley when I had no change. Nice purchase

New Advent Monza LeftLCD Screen Hinge Bracket
New Advent Monza LeftLCD Screen Hinge Bracket
Offered by geniusparts

4.0 out of 5 stars Laptop saver!, 6 April 2016
This is my third hinge for the laptop. Badly designed by advent so they're too flimsy for the job
This was sent quickly, packaged well and is letting me use my laptop again. Easy to fit and is doing a good job

Methods of Persuasion: How to Use Psychology to Influence Human Behavior
Methods of Persuasion: How to Use Psychology to Influence Human Behavior

5.0 out of 5 stars Let me persuade you to buy this, 30 Nov. 2015
I love this book! I have to admit to working in sales & marketing and like nick I'm.also a hypnotist
This goes beyond the seminal works by people like Cialdini and gives more techniques presented as worked examples in many cases
Highly recommend this to anyone who wants to persuade anyone else!

High Capacity UltraFire Li-Ion 18650 6000mAh 3.7V Protected Rechargeable Batteries [Pack of 2]

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 2 Nov. 2015
Arrived quickly and high capacity

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase, 2 Nov. 2015
Bought this for my daughter, came fairly quickly from China via Germany
She quickly got the hang of riding it and loves it
Quality seems good, battery lasts a good while and top speed is impressive

teKKno® Sony Xperia Z3 [Complete Slim Protection] Stylish Defender Heavy Duty Shock Proof Case Cover with Back Stand Incl. LCD Guard + Cloth (Black)
Offered by teKKno

5.0 out of 5 stars It just saved my new phone, 10 Jun. 2015
I normally ignore writing reviews but this little case saved my phone when I dropped it yesterday. I dropped it from about 3 feet onto tarmac and it just bounced - not a scratch on it. It's easy to grip, chunky, the stand is handy too
But above all the aesthetic qualities it protects your phone well and for a great price

Abi Titmuss: Tone And Tease [DVD] [2005]
Abi Titmuss: Tone And Tease [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Abigail Titmuss
Offered by wantitcheaper

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought it as a joke, 5 Jun. 2013
Bought this as a gag gift for a friend - it's laughably poor and I think even at less than £2 it might not be value for money :0)

Flipnosis: The Art of Split-Second Persuasion
Flipnosis: The Art of Split-Second Persuasion

5.0 out of 5 stars Adds something new, 11 Aug. 2012
Flipnosis takes themes from cialdini, bandler, wiseman etc but adds more. This is not just a persuasion anthology but has new ideas - which work

Where relevant the ideas are well referenced and allows for further reading

Where else do you get persuasion ideas from convicted criminals as well as more mainstream sources?

I work as a sales and marketing consultant and also help people in self development and this book has added to my knowledge and given me inspiration to explore new themes

Ben and Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream and Dessert Book
Ben and Jerry's Homemade Ice Cream and Dessert Book
by Ben R. Cohen

5.0 out of 5 stars Vanilla ice is back .......along with chocolate, strawberry....etc, 26 May 2009
I love this book it has great easy to follow recipes and they turn out just like Ben & Jerrys for a fraction of the cost. Wanna make new york super fudge chunk?, cherry garcia? etc etc the recipes are here. Its an easy read and you learn without realising how much milk fat makes a good ice cream etc.

It is a US publication so the recipes are in cups, but I have just written in the back of mine that a cup is about 240ml and use a small jug to measure. Also I cant go and buy some of the US chocolate (should that be candy) bars that they use - but this is ice cream how bad can it be to improvise? - The answer is delicious!

The recipes are in "generous quarts" and often I make a half batch - my ice cream machine is quite small.

My wife loves the chocolate choc chip I make - she cant believe how it tastes just like shop bought and costs about £1 a litre.

The kids love the vanilla and are happy to eat all manner of fruit with it - helps then get their 5 a day and we know there is no additive in sight.

Highly recommended - buy a cheap measuring jug to help with the cups and experiment. As B&J say there is no such thing as an unredeamably bad batch of home made ice cream - you'll love it.

Kenwood IM200 1.1 Litre Ice Cream Maker
Kenwood IM200 1.1 Litre Ice Cream Maker

4.0 out of 5 stars nice ice baby, 26 May 2009
This machine makes great ice cream - want to read more? Ok then!
I bought this basically because it is a well known name and it was cheap. You freeze the bowl put the top of the machine on, hit the switch and a while later ice cream comes out (so its an ice cream maker then!)

I find it works best and quickest by using around a pint or half litre of ingredients. I often use the ben & jerry recipe book and while it will cope with "generous quart" it does struggle a bit and the mix comes out rather soft. Half quantities are done beautifully in around 20 mins or less.

It makes great sorbet too, smooth, quick and none of the usual hassle of taking mix out of the freezer to stir all the time.

Get yourself a good recipe book while you're on here (the ben & jerry one works well for me - a litre of choc choc chip costs around £1 to make)then let your imagination run away once you've learnt the basics.

If you only need a 500ml tub quantity of ice cream this works great every time, a litre will be a bit more than it will really handle so its up to you if you want to pay a bit more for a bigger machine - but bear in mind you'll need more freezer space for the bowl.

Page: 1 | 2