Profile for ceebee > Reviews

Content by ceebee

ceebee

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Dot, Dash (Salt Modern Fiction)
Dot, Dash (Salt Modern Fiction)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-read collection, 21 Oct 2014
This is a brilliant collection! Funny, sharp, thought-provoking. The ideas behind the stories are so wide-ranging and quirky and it was a delight to read from beginning to end.

Ultra Slim Soft PU Leather Cover Case For B&N Nook 2 Simple Touch and NOOK Simple Touch with GlowLight Reader Pouch Sleeve (BROWN)
Offered by CDSelection-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Functional and Discreet, 16 Oct 2013
This case is nice and simple to look at but does the job perfectly. My Nook Glowlight fits really well, leaving all the buttons and the screen easily accessible. The case is slim, easy to open, remains closed when it's closed and has just a little padding to make me feel safe about my Nook clattering around in my bag! It was a slightly more orangey-brown than I was expecting but I don't mind that.

Bridgedale Coolfusion Multisport Women's Sock - Latte/Lilac, 7-8.5
Bridgedale Coolfusion Multisport Women's Sock - Latte/Lilac, 7-8.5

5.0 out of 5 stars The best brand of socks ever, 1 Oct 2013
My one complaint with Bridgedale is that their socks last years even with heavy use and so I hardly ever get to buy new ones! These are wonderful - cushioned without being too thick. It's a little bit weird to rave about socks but I love all my Bridgedales and these are my favourite variety. They are quite expensive but they last a good long time and remain comfortable until you've worn them to death. Perfect for running.

The Complete Pregnancy Workout [DVD]
The Complete Pregnancy Workout [DVD]

4.0 out of 5 stars Provides good variation, 1 Oct 2013
I felt a bit stupid starting this DVD at only 14 weeks pregnant with no real bump, but I've found it helpful to use as an alternative to running, swimming etc. when nausea is bad. The yoga DVD is particularly good for this as it's a good length workout (about 40 minutes) without any jiggling! I find the commentary a bit irritating at times, but you can turn that off once you know what you're doing, and I love the feeling of having strengthened and stretched my hips and legs in particular.

The Pilates DVD is short and won't challenge you early in pregnancy if you are used to doing core work already, but it seems effective and I'm particularly keen to make sure I'm doing core exercises which are safe as this is my first pregnancy and I'm getting used to the crampings and stretchings going on down there!

The aerobic workout again, isn't strenuous early on if you are used to exercise, but it does still raise your heart rate and I found it fun. I know some people find Erin a bit irritating but I like her - chirpy without being too Hollywood. I am certain this will become a real challenge in the third trimester and I enjoy the mix of aerobic and strength exercises already. It's quite fast moving but after your first time through you'll get the hang of it. You need chairs for a few of the exercises, so it's ideal for your living room.

Typhoon Retro Scales, Cream (Color may vary slightly)
Typhoon Retro Scales, Cream (Color may vary slightly)
Offered by Colanders FBA

4.0 out of 5 stars Stylish and practical, 30 Dec 2012
I like the look of these scales and the dial is really easy to read. I'm still getting used to the graduations being in 20g increments (i.e. each 100g is split up by five lines) as it means measuring e.g. 250g of something is halfway between two of the lines - but it's just because I'm used to 25g increments, I'm sure I'll get used to it soon! The bowl is a lovely size and the whole thing feels like good quality. The only reason I give it four stars instead of five is because the wheel used to adjust the balance is quite fiddly - under the bowl instead of at the back. Perfectly useable though.

Christmas Cake Decorations - Edible Wafer Cupcake Christmas Trees - Green and Red Mix - Stand Up Christmas Trees x 24
Offered by Debs Kitchen Cakes

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute and different, 30 Dec 2012
I'd never seen these before and I really like them. They stand up really nicely in royal icing and look great - a bit different from the plastic decorations often used on cakes. Having made cakes as presents this year it was nice to have an interesting but very quick and easy way to decorate them. The only thing I found is that they are incredibly fragile - fine enough for handling while decorating, but if you need to transport cakes after you've made them you'll need to make sure you've thought about what you'll carry them in as the tops of the trees may come off if knocked (e.g. with foil).

JVC HA-EBX85-P Women Sports Headphones - Pink
JVC HA-EBX85-P Women Sports Headphones - Pink
Offered by Sharp Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars Really comfortable, 30 Dec 2012
After months of frustration with in-the-ear headphones constantly falling out in the gym, these are perfect. They are so comfortable - I can hardly feel them in my ears at all, and yet they stay in really well. I am a complete convert. The sound comes through so much clearer than my old headphones, so I could play music at a lower volume. The sound is a little tinny, but it doesn't bother me for use in the gym and - well - if I was going to wear them elsewhere and was more bothered about the sound quality, I'd buy more expensive ones! Great value for the money.

A Matter of Honour
A Matter of Honour
by Martyn Beardsley

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read, 16 Nov 2012
This review is from: A Matter of Honour (Paperback)
This is very well-researched. Although it focuses on a particular duel for the first half, the second half contains lots of fascinating information and anedcotes on other duels throughout history. It's a quick read and an interesting one.

The Vanishing Act
The Vanishing Act
by Mette Jakobsen

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and haunting, 8 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Vanishing Act (Paperback)
This book has a fairytale feel to it but without being trite or lacking in substance. A beautiful story full of beautiful characters. Easy to read in only a couple of hours but sticks with you afterwards. It somehow manages to be both heart-warming and heart-breaking, uplifting as well as reflective. I loved it.

Wycombe Wall Clock (Green)
Wycombe Wall Clock (Green)
Offered by LightingandMobileAccessoriesUK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 3 Nov 2012
This clock is a good value item. It's not the prettiest or most stylish but it's solid enough, keeps time and has a very clear easy-to-read face. Ideal for kitchens or for schools etc. I reckon. The only real negative for a clock of this price is that it ticks very loudly - probably not one for the bedroom!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5