Profile for H. Betts > Reviews

Content by H. Betts

H. Betts (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Karrimor Bodmin 3 Weathertite, Women's Trekking and Hiking Shoes, Dark Grey/Cochineal, 6 UK
Offered by Yeomans Outdoor Leisure

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Waterproof Boots!, 13 Oct. 2014
Having never bought walking boots before, I took a chance on these. They were thrown head first in my daily walks with an energetic dog through muddy fields and on the beach. They are remarkably comfortable, not too heavy, keep my feet toasty warm and dry, are easy to clean and provide good grip on muddy paths. I ordered size 6 (my normal size) and these fitted perfectly without the need for chunky socks. Great buy.

Top Quality Heavy Duty Nylon Tracking Line lead BLUE 15m/50ft
Top Quality Heavy Duty Nylon Tracking Line lead BLUE 15m/50ft

3.0 out of 5 stars Good points and bad points, 23 May 2014
It's a study nylon line with a really solid clip - that's all good. In fact the previous lines I have used from Ancol have had really small clips that keep jamming (with bits of beach shingle!) and don't fare too well with sea water.

However, the width of the line is not so good. It's really wide and difficult to grab and hang onto in event of dog speeding off at fast pace. Also, it gets very twisted and because of the width, is difficult to untangle. All in all, it's OK.

Trixie Duck Original Animal Sound, 18 cm, Latex
Trixie Duck Original Animal Sound, 18 cm, Latex

2.0 out of 5 stars Duck Died., 10 May 2014
It's a sweet duck and my dog loved it. Then she ripped it open and de-stuffed the duck about 30 mins later. Nice idea but it's about as robust as a chocolate fireguard!

Mool Latex Rubber Squeaky Dog Toy Chicken, 23 cm
Mool Latex Rubber Squeaky Dog Toy Chicken, 23 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Toy If You Can Stand The Squeaking!, 10 May 2014
This chicken is still in one piece and is a favourite of my 18m German Shepherd. It's small but she has great fun with it. Be warned the squeaking will drive you mad! It's a very annoying pitch even for a squeak toy! Her time with "chick" is rationed as the noise is so bad!

Trixie Crab Latex Toy, 13 cm
Trixie Crab Latex Toy, 13 cm

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little toy - and not destroyed!, 10 May 2014
My 18m old German Shepherd is terrible for destroying toys. Many have been decapitated and de-stuffed within an hour. Surprisingly, these smaller latex toys seem to last. Its very squeeky but she throws it about and has great fun. We now have two as the first stopped squeeking (but remained in tact). Would recommend.

HALTI Headcollar Black Size 3
HALTI Headcollar Black Size 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Lead Aggressive Dog? Get One of These, 25 Nov. 2013
I had tried most things with my over enthusiastic German Shepherd pup with little success. At a year old, she was still pulling despite weekly training classes. My Halti arrived promptly and as noted by everyone else, my pup hated it. However, after 15 mins she gave in trying to get it off and just accepted it. She occasionally has a flip out moment when she pulls. and then jumps around like a lunatic kangaroo. I just stop, get her to sit and start again. Walking is once again a pleasure and I don;t need to grip the lead for dear life. In fact you hardly need to grip at all.

What they don;t tell you about this halti is that it is brilliant for dogs that go mental when they see another dog. Mine does and it's a nightmare. On a choke or a harness she can still pull backwards and away from me - so I'm walking by and she's trying her hardest not to whilst going nuts at another poor random dog. My shoulder is in a bad way and it's made walking miserable and anxious.

When she sees another dog and lunges forward / sideways, it immediately closes her mouth and clamps it shut. The first time this happened with the halti on she did a major flip out and looked like an untamed horse. However, she has very quickly realised that going nuts is pointless. She still spots a dog and starts the routine but for the first time, I have control. It is less scary for others, and I can walk her by other dogs with far less problems.

If you have a lead aggressive dog, try this Halti. It's in the booklet that comes with the Halti but they don;t really tell you about it before you buy. With this harness I can have nice reasonably calm walks again with the knowledge that if I meet another dog, I am in control and my pup is not. Brilliant product.

Petstages Rag Rope Ball
Petstages Rag Rope Ball
Offered by Best Pets

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a Good Toy, 4 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Petstages Rag Rope Ball (Misc.)
This "rope" ball was welcomed by my 10 month old german shepherd pup. She is not a destroyer of toys but they do take a beating. It took under 2 minutes for her teeth to go through one of the "rope" legs. Problem is that it's not rope, its material full of stuffing. So like most dogs, she was intent on removing all the stuffing. All the material legs were done for in just a few minutes.

The toy had three material legs amputated with a sharp knife and the stuffing pulled out. However, in the end this was not enough and we had no choice but to unknot the ball and throw away all the material lengths. The 3 rope bits are fine and they have been tied together to salvage a small part of the toy, however, she's not in the slightest bit interested anymore. A total, utter waste of money and the stuffing is dangerous.

Rosewood Grunters Latex Pig, Large
Rosewood Grunters Latex Pig, Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but Annoying!, 28 July 2013
My 8 month German Shepherd goes through toys at a fast rate. This latex pig has lasted a good time now with no sign of wear and tear (apart from the fact it has been buried so is dirty!) She loves it! It's quite big and makes a totally annoying "oink" noise but keeps her happy for ages. It's definitely her favorite toy and was inexpensive at £5!

Kyjen Puzzle Plush Egg Babies Platypus Dog Toy
Kyjen Puzzle Plush Egg Babies Platypus Dog Toy

4.0 out of 5 stars My German Shepherd Puppy Loves This!, 10 April 2013
I was rather sceptical about how long this toy would last with my teething, boisterous 4 month old german shepherd puppy. However after a week of radical road testing it is still in one piece and it has quickly become her favourite toy.

The Platypus comes with three squeaky plush balls (eggs) which fit inside the Patypus's tummy. In the description it says the dog will have fun getting the eggs out - my puppy has not removed one of them! The opening is very small and frankly you have to fiddle to get them through the hole in the first place. However, that being said, she loves squeaking Platypus and when the eggs are removed, they provide a great deal of fun for her as she throws them around and chases them. The Platypus has coarse fur and the stitching remains solid! It comes with 2 replacement eggs. On the whole, a great toy and worth the £8 as it keep her amused for hours!

Kruuse Rogz Catz Glow Cat Gold Fish Collar
Kruuse Rogz Catz Glow Cat Gold Fish Collar
Offered by Suffolk Group

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Collar for a Black Cat!, 4 Mar. 2013
Bought this for a our new cat - he is totally black and really difficult to see and find at night! It's good quality with a nice fish design and bell. It has a safety catch. The collar does glow but only when it's been out in the sunlight but at least we can see him better in the dark now.

Page: 1 | 2